• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

ryseing

SgIgByD.jpg

DLjx59jU8AAVrdX.jpg

bc758e6eea429d22d4b78ae47bf3e760.png

tcWipHH.png
Where a third string QB can win away, and a Stoops is their own bane.

(I apologize if the meter is off- the last time I heard the song was during my middle school's production of the thing)

AP Poll said:
1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) {Redacted}
4) Georgia
5) Washington
6) TCU
7) Wisconsin
8) Washington State
9) Ohio State
10) Auburn
11) Miami
12) Oklahoma
13) USC
14) Oklahoma State
15) Virginia Tech
16) Notre Dame
17) Michigan
18) South Florida
19) San Diego State
20) NC State
21) Michigan State
22) Central Florida
23) Stanford
24) Texas Tech
25) Navy

Week 7 Notable Games (All times in EST and all rankings AP)

Saturday, October 14

3:30 PM
#10 Auburn @ LSU
Georgia Tech @ #11 Miami
#12 Oklahoma vs. Texas

#25 Navy @ Memphis, 3:45 PM
Utah @ #13 USC, 8 PM
Boise State @ #19 San Diego State, 10:30 PM

#PAC12AFTERDARK
#5 Washington @ Arizona State, 10:45 PM
Oregon @ #23 Stanford, 11 PM

Pick'em Stuff:

Pick 'em stuff

Link to last week's results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19QGBu4ygwHtr3p6XSoaiJLBJnigWpLi_75qQByvSQOA/edit?usp=sharing

Link to current standings(you care about the Score column):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14oB6wMtBN3TgAWnUzysoWqpmSlLGVY5XhU5MAluLv-U/edit?usp=sharing

This week's games:
FSU@DUKE
GT@MIAMI
TCU@KSU
TTU@WVU
RUTG@ILL
NW@MD
COLO@ORST
UCLA@ARIZ
TAMU@FLA
SCAR@TENN
NIU@BUFF
UTSA@UNT

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/iXh6ccwXvbaFuHk83

CFB-GAF's very own podcast: The Decided Schematic Advantage

Episode 35 - Maker Baefield: Planting Flags in Hearts

This week we talk about Oklahoma laying an egg at home and Iowa State laying their flag in the turf after the game.

We also talk about other games from last weekend as well as preview for week 7. The Coin makes a bit longer appearance this week to put in retroactive picks from the first half of the season.

Subscribe here in iTunes or search for The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice. Send questions and comments to podcast@the-cog.com.

ag-my001

BTHO Florida!

Honestly, I think this one might be must win for Sumlin. Somehow, 9-3 is still on the table, and 8-4 with wins over Florida and LSU might just do it.

cdyhybrid

It's one thing if I call a schedule a bunch of cupcakes. I'm just a random dude on the Internet.

To do so on a national broadcast while on the sidelines? Fuck ESPN.
I don't even care about that, it's the unprofessional manner in which they did it. You have a business agreement with a conference and you're openly attacking one of their teams and insulting their coach like a scorned high school kid while you're carrying their game. Not to mention it's like 1am on the East Coast, so the only people still watching are fans of that team!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Finally game week again.

So many byes. Feels like I've had as many big CFB days where we weren't playing as we were so far this season.

Rvaan

Banned
Stumbles in with a bottle of rum in one hand and an empty glass in the other. Takes a seat. Pours himself a nice glass of rum. Looks down at the glass and after awhile says with a whimper. Go Heels. Drinks from the glass and begins to cry.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ranked for the first time since 2013. Feels good.

Hopefully we can pull out a win in a coin-flip game in Morgantown this weekend and make it a streak.

Reading between the lines of the statement and putting it together with some rumors I've heard, I have to wonder if Oregon State was about to have a player mutiny if Andersen wasn't gone. There were rumors of Alvarez having to intervene to stop one over the Stave fiasco at Wisconsin. Of course it's hard to know because every dumpster fire of a team (and this dumpster fire is epic) has rumors of locker room discontent. Still, something doesn't add up here.

ryseing

Stumbles in with a bottle of rum in one hand and an empty glass in the other. Takes a seat. Pours himself a nice glass of rum. Looks down at the glass and after awhile says with a whimper. Go Heels. Drinks from the glass and begins to cry.

Don't worry. Y'all will manage to ruin our best season in 20 years. Because Carolina.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yep. We don't fuck with the crimson and white, and I love it.

When it comes to Alabama uni's and my preference in offensive styles, I'm damn near a 57-year-old white man.

That one game under Shula or Fran, with the Houndstooth edge trim. A very TINY addition. Was about the only change I've ever seen.

jersey_trim.jpg

I don't even care about that, it's the unprofessional manner in which they did it. You have a business agreement with a conference and you're openly attacking one of their teams and insulting their coach like a scorned high school kid while you're carrying their game. Not to mention it's like 1am on the East Coast, so the only people still watching are fans of that team!

Welcome to the world of the AAC. We get shit on every week if we're not being ignored!

Top Bottom