• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

kdoll08

BZNlfHXh.jpg

7jjXkiom.jpg
WtjsDffm.jpg
XL6uLZPm.jpg

Developer: Clap Hanz
Release dates: North America August 29 2017, Europe August 30 2017, Japan August 31 2017
Players: 1-50 per server lobby
Download size: 7.97 GB (15.12 GB with patch)
Price: $39.99 at retail

FgcSMtYl.jpg

Welcome to the Everybody's Golf OT. Come out and join your fellow GAFers and play the best golf game there is on it's long awaited PS4 debut. Some of the new or returning features include.

1. Custom Characters
2. Worldwide servers for the first time, no more 30 people online
3. Connected 9 holes courses with short cuts.
4. Turf War online team battle
5. Fishing to pass the time online
6. Golf carts to explore the large playing area
7. See up to 50 other golfers on the course lobby with you at the same time

Screens
rcuLG2Im.jpg
EG5GOgcm.jpg

g8amRX3m.jpg
pPbhn9rm.jpg

jimaNjYm.png
jSfvquQm.jpg

Everybody's Golf Announcement Trailer

PS4 Pro 4k Options

buNwSaRh.jpg

Metacritic link

Trophy list

Helpful guide for advanced play from Senidol

http://hotshotsgolf.com/showthread.php?8886-Senidol-s-Guide-to-Lower-Scores-(Vita)&highlight=guide

Join us on the links. Play with other people from GAF!

Here is a Google spreadsheet link that anyone can edit. Please quote to see the address

Feel free to join us on the discord chat channel for the game.

discord.gg/VwF2r4u

bnx

Cant wait to play this. Been playing HSG Out Of Bounds for some prep. Platinumed the Vita game.

Makki

Preordered and ready to play, but I also echo the sentiment that the old high quality characters had a lot of charm and beauty to them which has now been tossed over Avatar flat looking things. Hopefully it sells well and Clap Hanz makes a game like this again but with pretty character models

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Got this for about $10 during the Prime Day shenanigans over at Amazon. Excited for Hot Shots Golf and Yakuza Kiwami on the same day.

kdoll08

Yeah the characters look a little plain but I think that is offset by the fact that you can make your own character look however you want. I'll take the customizing over the better detail personally.

Rflagg

I am stoked I pre-ordered via psn, I am a little jealous of those that got an early copy.

Nice ot. I do have a suggestion most of the time I have seen such spreadsheets link via the email link so only members can view them by quoting the post. This is not a big deal to me, but it might be too some,

I got confirmation today that Advanced Swing is not an option in Everybody's Golf PS4, and subsequently canceled my pre-order with Amazon.com. A golf game in 2017, on today's next generation hardware that only offers a non-real-time, horizontal 3-click swing meter interface does not float my boat... especially when the past two games in the series have had Advanced Swing, and it got a lot of critical acclaim because of it. smh....

Hobbun

The game looks great, but is there a story/campaign mode?

One of my favorite golf games was Swing-Away Golf fro the PS2. It had a really fun story mode to go through, where you could advance through the different levels from amateur to pro. Does anyone know if this has anything like that?

kdoll08

I am stoked I pre-ordered via psn, I am a little jealous of those that got an early copy.

Nice ot. I do have a suggestion most of the time I have seen such spreadsheets link via the email link so only members can view them by quoting the post. This is not a big deal to me, but it might be too some,

I could change it to that Rflagg but I'm honestly not sure how to do that.

I have very little experience with golf games (basically just N64 Mario Golf and PSP HSG when I was a kid), but this looks cute so I pre-ordered anyway! Amazon estimates I won't get my copy for another week and a half or so, but oh well.

Rflagg

I could change it to that Rflagg but I'm honestly not sure how to do that.

So if you want too the email link is two to the right of the hyperlink on the I guess post toolbar thing. I will link up my infos later

Edit: It will not create a visible hyperlink so if you do change it remind people in the op that they need to quote to see list of players. Like I said It is just how I have seen it done I guess to prevent randoms flooding with invites, but I am unsure if it is a deal at all to anybody.

Atolm

I have mine pre-ordered on PSN since more than two months ago, can't wait. I play these games for years.

This will be my first try at the franchise. Been spending way too much time on golf games this gen (Golf Club & the extremely limited golf in GTA V).

The only downside is that it's tough to get friends to shell $40 for a golf game unless they're enthusiasts so I won't have anybody to play with.

kdoll08

So if you want too the email link is two to the right of the hyperlink on the I guess post toolbar thing. I will link up my infos later

Edit: It will not create a visible hyperlink so if you do change it remind people in the op that they need to quote to see list of players. Like I said It is just how I have seen it done I guess to prevent randoms flooding with invites, but I am unsure if it is a deal at all to anybody.

Thanks a lot Rflagg it's fixed now.

The game looks great, but is there a story/campaign mode?

One of my favorite golf games was Swing-Away Golf fro the PS2. It had a really fun story mode to go through, where you could advance through the different levels from amateur to pro. Does anyone know if this has anything like that?

Swing Away Golf was easily my most pleasant surprise from the PS2 launch. Rented it the day after I (barely) got a PS2, played it all weekend, and eventually bought it. Great little game.

Preloaded and ready to roll. I paid $599.00 US dollars 😂 to play the PS3 version as I had no interest in owning the console until it got announced. Bought a damn Vita because of this series as well. Locked into the PS4 ecosystem so I've been ready for a while.

kdoll08

I got confirmation today that Advanced Swing is not an option in Everybody's Golf PS4, and subsequently canceled my pre-order with Amazon.com. A golf game in 2017, on today's next generation hardware that only offers a non-real-time, horizontal 3-click swing meter interface does not float my boat... especially when the past two games in the series have had Advanced Swing, and it got a lot of critical acclaim because of it. smh....

Look if they don't end up having it in the game it's going to be a disappointment for a lot of people for sure. I really hope it gets added in via a patch or something but if you really like the series I hope you could adjust. From what I played of the beta this seems to be a really nice addition to the series.

Griss

I bought a PS4 at launch partially for this game. Cannot believe that it's 2017 - four years later - and we're only just getting it.

Oh well, at least it's good. Was part of the beta and absolutely loved it. I'm a digital purchaser in the EU so I won't be on until 7pm Tuesday, dammit. But this will be my drug of choice for the next month for sure.

This is extremely disappointing as I was a circle shot user but I'll cope.

ThisOne

Character models look bad and the gameplay looks a bit weird to me. Kinda janky? I'll still probably get it. Interested to see impressions here though.

Griss

So ready!! Can't wait to see the variety of courses after only seeing gameplay of the first one for so long.

I'm actually really interested to see how they translated Green Country Club and Balata G.C. from the first two games into modern designs, because those courses were bland as hell being PS1 designs. That said, I do love a nice plain parkland design, so I'm glad they're in.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing what kind of course Imperial Gardens is. It's the only course they haven't shown any sight of during the previews. We've had glimpses of all the others.

I tried several local shops today in the hope that a retailer would have broken the street date but nothing, looks like i'm going to have to wait until Wedneday.

Jimrpg

I didn't know there was an extra course available for preorders otherwise I might have preordered. Is that for physical editions as well or just digital?

Also would that be the sixth course or seventh?

Always love EG but I haven't finished a single one - they always get too hard towards the end.

Look if they don't end up having it in the game it's going to be a disappointment for a lot of people for sure. I really hope it gets added in via a patch or something but if you really like the series I hope you could adjust. From what I played of the beta this seems to be a really nice addition to the series.

I hope it is added in a patch and would really like to think it will be. I liked the series, but not until Advanced Swing came along... I just lost my desire for non real time, 3-click interfaces in 2003. I'm sure I'm not in the majority with my stodgy views on this, but I can already see that there is a sizeable Advanced Swing demographic in the HSG/EG userbase. I can't imagine Clap Hanz ignoring this long term.

I like the whole course, other golfers visible on the course aspect of Everybody's Golf, but it's not enough to get me to set my animus toward non-realtime, 3-click horizontal swing meters aside. I'll keep watching for the inclusion of Advanced Swing in an update and be ready to board the EG train at that time.

kdoll08

I didn't know there was an extra course available for preorders otherwise I might have preordered. Is that for physical editions as well or just digital?

Also would that be the sixth course or seventh?

Always love EG but I haven't finished a single one - they always get too hard towards the end.

If you preorder through Amazon or Best Buy they send the pre order bonuses through email. I'm not sure how Gamestop or others are doing it but I'd imagine that it is similar.

Pretty pumped. My Amazon copy shipped and will be here Tuesday.

FYI, it looks like the spreadsheet for user names is set to view mode only.

nikos

Nice OT!

Having fun with the game so far. Only complaint is that there isn't a proper beard. Hopefully there will be one in the shop at some point.

Any tips on how to get better at the game?

bodine1231

This tuesday is gonna be insane,I completely forgot this was coming out. I probably put 50 hours into the original PSP version.

Top Bottom