• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sim City is now down, the maintenance message is amazing

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm considering making a "GAF plays SC2K" thread. All this hubbub about SC5 is getting me in the mood for a city sim but I sure as fuck am not going to be part of this problem. Maybe Sunday.

Nuklear

Banned
vjoLyhD.png

SimCity started out at a 90 on Metacritic this week and it's down to 76 now.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity

Nuklear

Banned
I'm considering making a "GAF plays SC2K" thread. All this hubbub about SC5 is getting me in the mood for a city sim but I sure as fuck am not going to be part of this problem. Maybe Sunday.

Give Tropico 4 a shot. It's a pretty good game with a nice sense of humor to it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Somebody post that EA-->IGN money GIF

Yeah, it's really sad.

Guys now that you mention Tropico 4 with all the DLC in Steam, i am looking at it. Is it a good game? sorry if offtopic :3 , but i wanna play a city builder game from long time ago and couldn't find any good one, also 10 bucks seems pretty cheap :3 .

I wouldn't say Tropico 4, hell Tropico games as city builder sim. It's actually more of a true corrupt mayor simulator.

Harlock

Posting here, don´t know if had a main topic more recent:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/04/is-simcity-about-to-get-an-offline-mode

Is SimCity About to Get an Offline Mode?
Time will tell.
by Luke Karmali JULY 4, 2013
SimCity may be getting an offline mode soon, if an EA survey is to be believed.

Originally spotted on Reddit, pictures of the survey show a number of potential features that could come to the city-builder, including guilds, one-way roads, bigger cities and subways.

While all of the features would undoubtedly make the game more enjoyable, there's one nugget of information nestled away inside the description of "Classic Mode" that has caused a flurry of speculation about the game's always-online future.

The description reads "In offline or online mode, play a single fully functioning city using cheats and unlocks that allow you to create your perfect city."

The way in which offline mode isn't mentioned anywhere else has led many to believe that this is essentially confirmation that such a mode will be coming in a future patch. We've reached out to EA for comment and will update the story when we hear back, but given the fact it's July 4 we may not hear until next week.

Of course it's always possible that offline play will only be available in Classic Mode, and that's assuming that the mode ever makes it from survey to game. It'll be interesting if the whole game does become playable offline, seeing as EA once said that such a thing was not part of its "vision".

What do you reckon, could such a thing be on the cards? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Top Bottom