• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo, Human Resource Machine, Little Inferno hitting Switch in NA this week

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The only game of these three that I've played to completion (and for an extended period of time) was Little Inferno, but all of these games have a really intriguing aesthetic and vision. Their soundtracks are also phenomenal.

I think I'll wait for a bundle or sale to buy these all again. Hopefully Nintendo and them can sort this out.

Does World of Goo support analogue inputs? Just occurred to me it may not be so easy to play this multiplayer on a train if gyro and touch and the only inputs.

Glass Joe

Probably in for World of Goo. Played it some on Wii and remember it being cool but don't remember if I played terribly much of it. Maybe having it portable will help that.

Bought Little Inferno on the Wii U and for me, it was kinda meh... just not my style of "game." Not really worth a replay once you've seen everything.

Human Resource Machine just seems a little confusing and not for me, maybe less of a "game" kinda like Little Inferno. I could be very wrong lol, just not feeling the appeal.

I love these games and will be proudly double dipping. I'm especially excited about watching my wife experience Little Inferno for the first time. I have a feeling she'll really like it (I sure did)

Little inferno is hitting europe next thursday (its on the eshop coming soon) nothing showing about the other 2, its 9 quid, was hoping for 7 or 8 but guess thats the brexit voting idiots fault

tuffy

I only played World of Goo (and loved it).

Are these other two must-plays?
I wasn't as fond of Little Inferno; the trial-and-error factor seemed a bit too high for me, as I recall.

Human Resource Machine is great, though. The "ah-ha" moment of dropping in the right instruction and watching everything run smoothly to completion was very satisfying.

If you all had to pick one game out of the three that was released which would you choose(Since I dont have the money to buy all three of them just want one for now)

Hard to get excited about games that have been on pretty every device for almost a decade....

This. I played through world of goo on Wii and on Android already.

Mind as well rerelease angry birds while we're at it.
:/

Thanks for the reliably stupid shit posts where these games are mentioned! Try not to get yourself too worked up over the fact that people are enjoying some games, and don't lose any sleep over it. Oh, and Little Inferno and Human Resource Machine are both less than 10 years old. By a lot.

Meanwhile, rather than spend my time shitting up a NeoGAF thread, I'll be playing all three, since:

- I haven't played WoG since Wii and it's one of the best puzzle games ever made

- I bought, played, and loved Little Inferno on Wii U, and the Switch version is receiving an exclusive multiplayer mode

- I've never played HRM, but I'm sure it's as great as their other titles

Also the Angry Birds comparison is, like, the fucking most bizarre thing I've ever heard.

- I've never played HRM, but I'm sure it's as great as their other titles

As someone who loves the first two, I have some bad news for you...

Also the Angry Birds comparison is, like, the fucking most bizarre thing I've ever heard.
Seriously. World of Goo isn't even a mobile game any more than GTA is--it started life on Wii and PC and it took years before it got an iOS port.

mnemonicj

World of Goo is great, but I've exhausted my interest in it because my cheap smartphone runs it.
I hope more indie games join the list.

lt519

Grabbed Human Resource Machine last night. I'm up to year like 21 or something, right when you get to the Fibonacci sequence challenge mission. I've done all the challenges up until then for both # of steps and # of lines.

I'm an Electrical Engineer with pretty decent software background so it is a little easy, including the challenges. I like minimizing the number of lines required, sometimes I've had to entirely rethink my solution. It is the minimum number of steps challenges that I don't like, I often find the way to achieve this is actually bad coding practices. Maybe I'm finding the "wrong" solution :/ It'd be nice after completing both missions if they gave you the "par" code to look at. I've found some solutions that have hit well under par though.

Other than that I get a little frustrated by the layout of the code. The jumps make it messy whereas in the real world I'd be doing it cleanly with function calls, returns, etc. I get this is supposed to be more basic, like programming an XOR logic gate, but still frustrating.

Fun diversion for $10 though, but if you have a tablet there's no reason to not grab it for $5 on Android or iOS.

I'm curious how non-programmers feel about Human Resource Machine. I have a hard time gauging how difficult and engaging it is for someone coming in without an understanding of subtle things about loops or whatever. Do people bother with the debugger-lite to work puzzles out or get flustered 3 puzzles in and never return?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm curious how non-programmers feel about Human Resource Machine. I have a hard time gauging how difficult and engaging it is for someone coming in without an understanding of subtle things about loops or whatever. Do people bother with the debugger-lite to work puzzles out or get flustered 3 puzzles in and never return?
Form my observations in RL and Miiverse, engineers & mathematicians play it too, but that about covers the user base of the game.

I think it's fun. I was blowing through it pretty fast on the PC version. I haven't gone back though as I've been distracted.

My programming experience includes getting drunk with friends and making some god awful stupid games in GameMaker for about 3 hours one day. That's about it.

LAA

Hope world of goo is coming to EU this week. (And Binding of Issac...:'( )
Think they're pretty overpriced tbh though. Was expecting a bundle with all 3, and with each one nearly £10, can't say I'm eager to get them all now.
Only world of goo appeals the most for me and that's because it's the longest probably and I generally just really like it.

Top Bottom