• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Harris would not win the Presidency. Fact.

Depends entirely on her ability to speak to economic and middle/working-class "pocketbook" issues. Haven't seen her do that much of all yet. It's also why I've recently grown a lot more interested in Gillibrand. She can fucking nail it on speaking to those issues.

Murphy would be super great he built traction for his candidacy, probably my favorite choice right now. Or Keith Ellison, maybe they could do a ticket together
hi shinra

Brown/Klobuchar 2020
I was pulling for this before but now I'm less sure. Both are strong candidates though.

daedalius

Biden said in an NPR interview he will run in 2020 unless he can get behind someone he feels is very qualified.

Good interview, nice hearing him again.

Biden will be old in 2020. Actually, for that matter, so will pretty much all the rest of the Dem names being floated. Can't we find anyone young?

kirblar

Biden will be old in 2020. Actually, for that matter, so will pretty much all the rest of the Dem names being floated. Can't we find anyone young?
Hillary basically pushed back an entire primary field, so adjust expectations accordingly.

Mid-50s and below is generally the sweet spot we'll want to be looking for.
Booker, Harris, Gillibrand, Murphy, Duckworth are all pretty young.
Yeah they all fit.

kirblar

If you think the field will be Warren, Sanders and Biden, your name is Matt Yglesias and you're saying some very dumb things.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Depends entirely on her ability to speak to economic and middle/working-class "pocketbook" issues. Haven't seen her do that much of all yet. It's also why I've recently grown a lot more interested in Gillibrand. She can fucking nail it on speaking to those issues.

This right here. I feel like Gillibrand would be an exponentially better candidate.

The funniest part is that Pence hired a way better and more prestigious lawyer than Trump was able to get.

Well, Trump only has experience with slime bag ambulance chasers who know how to yell and settle. Pence and everyone else understand the gravity of the situation and have hired appropriate counsel.

Teggy

I do find it a bit odd that our retirement age is 65 and lots of the people who are lining up to be president are well past that.

DCZE7Q9UwAARAWL.jpg

I do find it a bit odd that our retirement age is 65 and lots of the people who are lining up to be president are well past that.

To be fair, that retirement age comes from a time when people lived much shorter lives. My grandfather, who turns 87 next month, still drives a school bus, has suffered no decline in cognitive ability, and walks better than people twenty years younger. (He's also voted Democratic his entire life.) My grandmother, almost 82 and though not quite as healthy, still has her marbles and health, too.

To be fair, that retirement age comes from a time when people lived much shorter lives. My grandfather, who turns 87 next month, still drives a school bus, has suffered no decline in cognitive ability, and walks better than people twenty years younger. (He's also voted Democratic his entire life.) My grandmother, almost 82 and though not quite as healthy, still has her marbles and health, too.
Yeah it's all relative. Trump is younger than Biden and exponentially more stupid and less healthy.

kirblar

The problem is "known unknowns" here- at that age people can downturn real fast.

The Pence thread reminds me that I really, REALLY want some dirt on DeVos. She's involved because of her brother but so far has been spared any damaging leaks. I loathe her and her abhorrent views and want her gone. Unlike some of the other ghouls, I think she could be pressured into resigning because the public already hates her.

Zolo

Quick question: Has Trump ever acknowledged Russia's role in the election? Not necessarily him saying they made a difference, but acknowledged that they did anything?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Quick question: Has Trump ever acknowledged Russia's role in the election? Not necessarily him saying they made a difference, but acknowledged that they did anything?

I don't believe he ever has, I only recall him arguing against it.

Foffy

Banned

He has constantly denied it. Even the hacking is a "could be anybody!" response.

This man is either dimwitted or in deep shit. I can't even fucking tell. Guess that what happens when you're playing 16,000th dimensional chess.

Zolo

Thanks. Was wondering since even Republicans weren't denying Russia's actions at this point emphasized with the recent sanctions amendment.

People got displeased by a white woman having the audacity to talk about minority issues. You think a woman of color isn't going to have to walk the worlds most ridiculous tight rope? Harris is going to get all the coded sexist and coded racist language imaginable.

@AriMelber
VP Pence's new private lawyer's experience includes serving as:

Fed prosecutor
Senate Counsel in Iran-Contra
House staffer in Watergate​

Whereas Trump's lawyer has experience threatening lawsuits he has no intention of filing and attacking women who claim that Trump sexualy assaulted them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The problem is "known unknowns" here- at that age people can downturn real fast.

If only there would be a person ready to take their place if their health failed.

Plinko

Because Reagan resigned, right?

Reagan was also a power hungry Republican.

I tend to believe a Democrat like Biden would realize when the time would be to step down.

Biden is old as fuck. Conservative on a bunch of issues. A gaffe machine. Borderline gross with his old man touching but we overlook that. And has run 2.5 failed Presidential campaigns if you include his lead trial balloon with Maureen Crazypants Dowd last year.

Awful idea that I don't know why people are still entertaining.

Tamanon

Banned
Biden would've been great 10 years ago. I love the guy, but he's just too dang old and has seen too much.

Dems are going to need to go younger, period. Someone relatable to both sides of the age spectrum.

Plinko

I'm not saying pick Biden. I love him, but I'm not saying that. I just think the ageism in here is ludicrous at times.

I still think Franken would be a shoo-in and Gillibrand would be great.

Leaning toward Harris being a major misstep.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not saying pick Biden. I love him, but I'm not saying that. I just think the ageism in here is ludicrous at times.

I still think Franken would be a shoo-in and Gillibrand would be great.

Leaning toward Harris being a major misstep.

I'd be fine with Biden, but I tend to agree he's probably too old at this point.

Kwixotik

If only there would be a person ready to take their place if their health failed.
A sitting president could do a lot of damage before their cognitive decline is proven strongly enough for removal proceedings to begin. I could easily see us ending up in a Mad King scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom