• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The year of 3rd Parties. Destiny, Batman Arkham Knights, Reeeeeeeeeeeeeemasters, and the Crew. These machines are less than a year old, let em have the time to familiarize themselves with hardware.
By the same token, we must let concern trolls familiarize themselves with this new generation of gaming consoles too...

wtf. so we're looking at an HD remaster of LastofUs and a delayed launch game in DriveClub? maybe Sony should take a play out of MS's book and moneyhat some games this winter.

So you'd rather they use their limited funds to pay for exclusivity for some game they're going to get anyway for a console that is WINNING instead of funding new IP/original games?
Got it.

Freki

Resources as in employees.
Adding more manpower to a late project doesn't mean it'll be finished faster. Sometimes it even has the opposite effect.
The reasons for this are increased communications overhead and time investment needed to bring new members of the team up to speed amongst other things...

GeoramA

2014, year of mutliplats and ports.

Remember Shinobi said GoW Ascension PS4 is also coming, so I expect some more PS3 remastering to fill in the gaps.

KHlover

Banned
PS4 exclusive getting delayed? Another one? Good on them for trying to make the best possible game, but still...that's not how Sony's going to convince me to get a PS4 before 2015/16 :/

Lucreto

Damn it

Now I only have Destiny, Dragon Age, Batman, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4.

Then on PS3 Tales of Xillia 2 and Assassin's Creed Comet. I still have to get Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and I will leave Soul suspect to later in the year.

Actually a delay is welcome.

So this means we could get co-op or multiplayer right (or both)? Come on, Sony needs an answer to Gears and it seems this game would be perfect for it. That alone would easily make the delay worth it, assuming this rumor is true that is.

mike-woodson-9.gif

Still keeping hope alive from QB to make 2014.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
S¡mon;113523811 said:
I still find it unbelievable that the only game planned for this holiday season by Sony was The Order: 1886.

And even harder to believe is that this one and only game they had originally planned for Holiday 2014, is now delayed to 2015.

I can't help but feel - or rather hope - that they'll announce a new exclusive this E3 and release it this fall.

If you believe the GAF insiders/attention seekers, I think the PLAN was The Order, Uncharted and SSM's new IP. Instead we have another 2012 where Sony's big game was PlayStation All-Stars.

jacobeid

Banned
I've already had my PS4 unplugged for nearly 90% of the time since launch (save for Resogun, KZ, and inFAMOUS).

If this is true, the PS3 is gonna stay plugged in and I'm definitely buying an XO this year (if Forza Horizon is real).

Samyy

Yes, but they still had one of their games come out September or October

Great, and doesn't Sony have Driveclub? So one of their games is coming out this October!

I wouldn't be surprised to see TLOU moved to October and DriveClub November.

Matush

Quick question to all of those, that are mad/sad about delay, would you rather play it as unpolished/buggy game, wouldn't you be disappointed then? I'd rather wait to have great experience. (which I hope it will be by February)

border

Really? Sunset Overdrive and a Halo HD collection are not going to set the world on fire.

Sunset Overdrive and Halo 2 Anniversary are a helluva lot more compelling than a racing game released in October.

I would certainly bet more on shooters from proven developers than I would an unproven racer with no established brand.

labaronx

Damn it

Now I only have Destiny, Dragon Age, Batman, Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4.

Then on PS3 Tales of Xillia 2 and Assassin's Creed Comet. I still have to get Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and I will leave Soul suspect to later in the year.

Actually a delay is welcome.

Yep

Boke1879

I have looked up the xbone's (exclusive) fall releases. But I get the impression that MS is far more aggressive and hungrier. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wouldn't feel bad if they win the holidays.

I honestly doubt they'll have much either. I expect Sunset Overdrive and Halo remaster. Maybe FH2. Other than that. Don't expect too much this fall.

KORNdoggy

Expected this the moment it was announced. Same for division and witcher, there was no way they where making it in 2014. Plus, there are 17 PS4 games i intend to buy this year. I'm fine if a few slip into next. make it less hard on the wallet.

Just means these tech demo's we'll see in a couple of weeks at this years E3 can all be put into perspective at least as regarding visuals and release dates, As i never get why we get hyped for games that are 2 years away from e3 reveal or news.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Adding more manpower to a late project doesn't mean it'll be finished faster. Sometimes it even has the opposite effect.
The reasons for this are increased communications overhead and time investment needed to bring new members of the team up to speed amongst other things...

Pretty much, it is potentially possible to shorten the critical pathin theory but reality it often always doesn't go so smoothly. It can be done but it's case by case.

dreamfall

I still miss shinobi!

I've been following the game pretty closely but I still don't fully understand where it's going- TPS, cover based shooter yes? It sure looks beautiful.

Dysun

Multi-platform sales run laps around exclusives, even if the lineup is anemic it wont mean much. Pure forum fodder hysteria, blowny what are you doing???

Salex_

I'm really confused by some of these comments. The only confirmed fall title for MS is Sunset Overdrive. Why are people acting like they have so many games lined up for the holidays?

If this is true, Sony's Fall 2014 lineup is just unacceptable. As far as exclusives go, they have DriveClub. That is IT. A sub-par racing game that will be inevitably outclassed by the yearly Forza release. Everything else is multiplatform. Unless they have secretly been holding near-release games for an E3 reveal (which would be the most absurd business decision possible).
Microsoft's not doing much better, but at least they have Sunset Overdrive - which actually looks like it will release this year.

I'm really confused by some of these comments. The only confirmed fall title for MS is Sunset Overdrive. Why are people acting like they have so many games lined up for the holidays?

They also have the heavily-rumored (and effectively confirmed) Halo Remaster & Forza Horizon 2. We also still don't know if Quantum Break is this year or not. (Unlikely, but worth mentioning)

Loudninja

Sunset Overdrive and Halo 2 Anniversary are a helluva lot more compelling than a racing game released in October.

I would certainly bet more on shooters from proven developers than I would an unproven racer with no established brand.
Soo how is it more compelling again?

I mean w have no played any of them,besides the HD collection of course.

Putty

I have looked up the xbone's (exclusive) fall releases. But I get the impression that MS is far more aggressive and hungrier. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wouldn't feel bad if they win the holidays.

Yes, to confirm...MS are hungrier because they left the 360 to feed off 3rd party titles for the past 2 years.

SDCowboy

Quick question to all of those, that are mad/sad about delay, would you rather play it as unpolished/buggy game, wouldn't you be disappointed then? I'd rather wait to have great experience. (which I hope it will be by February)

Depends on how "unpolished" it is vs how improved it would be with the delay.

They're in a much better position to have better exclusives this holiday for sure, if this delay is true. Halo 2 anniversary, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are what we know/are heavily rumored so far, pretty good.

DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2 are pretty equal comparison, both look good but I have more faith in Horizon 2 after Horizon 1 being so excellent.

The Last of Us remastered and Halo 2 Anv. are also pretty obvious comparisons...but we're talking about a remake of a 1 year old game vs a 10 year old one + 3 other halo campaigns if the rumors are true. That halo collection is probably in a better position.

Then Sunset Overdrive doesn't really have a comparison at this point.

There will surely be more announcements on both sides, but I'm digging MS's lineup more so far, speaking as a PS4 owner. Sony obviously still has a multiplatform game advantage though.

zkorejo

IDK why but I always thought that this will be delayed to next year. If this rumour is correct, it wont effect me in anyways, as i wasnt expecting this title this year.

Was always more hyped for Arkham Knight, AC Unity and Dragon Age Inquisition than this anyways.

KORNdoggy

Depends if you're after a racing game...halo 2 and sunset overdrive seem like terrible racing games to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom