• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MS cuts the XO price to 349,99€

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Black Tusk is working on a new Gears for Xbox One, 1+1=?
And neither do Mario Disco 68, The Order black bars, etc, etc and yet people still buy a specific console for those games. Because they will come, they will get their hands on it.
I'm buying the order black bars and Seymour buttbourne and there's nothing you can do about it

If they do this it sets a bad precedent. That many price drops so quickly, can cause more harm than good.

Yes, people could wait for the next price cut (in about 3 months give or take... j/k?), but MS is acting quite desperate as of late so i'm thinking it's legit (and still won't help them much).

Xenus

Yes, people could wait for the next price cut (in about 3 months give or take), but MS is acting quite desperate as of late so i'm thinking it's legit (and still won't help them much).

Pretty much, It's a bad precedent to set on any system. Wait 6 months and it'll be cheaper. Tends to create outlooks like Ami where I'll think about it if it drops below this threshhold and after it drops below that threshold a large chunk of those people will go oh I will wait till it drops some more etc etc...

I see where you're coming from, but the commercials I saw all said, "Now only $399!" rather than, "Now available without Kinect!" Whether it was a legitimate price cut or not, MS certainly tried to position it as one.

If we're discussing the potential effect of back-to-back price drops on public perception, isn't the public's perception of the initial cost-of-entry reduction kinda the only thing that matters?

"Two price cuts in a row? Reeks of desperation…"
"The first one wasn't a real price cut! We just wanted to trick you in to thinking it was cheaper! Now it
really is!!"
"Err…"

Yeah, that could be a problem perception wise. Just pointing out that some people who have compared it to the 3DS price cut are being ridiculous. That was the exact same sku being cut by $80. This was something being removed from the box, and a new sku being sold cheaper.

Top Bottom