• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Switch Force HD coming to the Wii U eShop

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The latest issue of Nintendo Power revealed that WayForward Technologies plans to launch Mighty Switch Force HD for the Wii U's eShop.

A summary from that Nintendo website:

- aiming to be at launch
- sprites being redrawn
- game includes the 'bonus incident' DLC from eShop update
- may include new content as well
- new games separate from Mighty Switch Force HD in the planning phases for Wii U and 3DS
- GamePad screen displays the Hooligan Tracker
- play the game just on the Wii U GamePad, which will feature a shrunken-down Hooligan Tracker

tAQ3y.png

http://nintendopower.com/images/NP280_MSFHD.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice - already looks great on 3DS and will look even better in HD.

zroid

Banned
aaaaawesome

I've been considering grabbing MSF for a while but I think I'm just gonna wait now.

Good news, MSF is a great game, and more people should play it.

Also good news if it's that easy to create "Universal Apps" for the Nintendo platforms.

Even though the redrawn sprites are looking great, I prefer to have 3D over HD. I hope they include new content, that way people who already bought it have an incentive to buy it again.

brinstar

And the 3DS version isnt fun anymore because ? ;-)

oh, it's great! it's just hilarious because I had been unintentionally holding off on it for a while and then when I finally pull the trigger this was announced.

either way I'll be double dipping

backlot

I'll double dip on this. I loved Mighty Switch Force on 3DS. Glad to see WayForward is going to support the Wii U.

Hero

This is probably because they couldn't get Shantae in time for Wii U eShop launch, huh?

Looked interesting, I was going to get on 3DS but I'll wait for Wii U.

Aaah, so that explains:

http://www.nintendojo.com/features/interviews/e3-2012-interview-with-wayforward
ND: Have you released games on any other digital distribution service?

Voldi: The only other one was– well iOS obviously, we did Shantae last year on Andriod. It’s only out in Korea and Japan now, weirdly, but we’re working on the US version too. And it was only because the publisher XSEED came to us and said, “Hey, can we ship Shantae in Japan and Korea? We’ll do the port,” and we’re like, “Sure.” And then, um, I think Might Switch Force is– we’re trying to get that on, it’s just– actually, I’m surprised we haven’t done that already. Oh, and then we did Mighty Flip Champs for PSP, but mostly Nintendo.

That was eating away at me as I read the interview. Pretty cool.

Even though the redrawn sprites are looking great, I prefer to have 3D over HD. I hope they include new content, that way people who already bought it have an incentive to buy it again.
I agree. I'll probably buy it again, though, just to support it, I guess.

Gambit

^Hope it's very different as I've completed MSF just last week (within the time limits).

Great, great game, but there has to be new stuff to make me double-dip.

Damn I was hoping it was a new game, still i'm intrigued as I love MSF, may include more content? well it would certainly help sway me towards double dipping.

tkscz

There was a picture here at one point, but now it's gone :(

Man the main character is so damned adorable. With those big angry anime eyes and being pigeon toed. Just so fucking cute.

OT, probably won't double dip. I have the 3DS version, plus the DLC levels (which were awesome), and really, I'd just like some more levels. Maybe even a level editor.

Man the main character is so damned adorable. With those big angry anime eyes and being pigeon toed. Just so fucking cute.

OT, probably won't double dip. I have the 3DS version, plus the DLC levels (which were awesome), and really, I'd just like some more levels. Maybe even a level editor.

Get rid of that.

Looks pretty damn cool!

You should probably edit your quote. lol Don't want to get poor Hiltz in trouble.

It looks... about the same, I guess. I'm sure it'll look nice on the big screen.

HyperHip

My only beef with this game was that i felt there wasn't a good balance between puzzles and fighting segments. Cool game overall though.

Top Bottom