• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you shower or bathe? At night or in the morning?

kubev

I can understand the logic in showering at night, since it *is* kind of gross going to bed without showering when you've been out all day, but I definitely prefer to shower in the morning if I have to choose one or the other. When I was working 80+ hours each week, I often found showers to be more valuable than sleep. There were times when I had to choose between taking a quick 30-minute nap or a shower, and I'd go for the shower nearly every time. It takes me a hell of a lot longer to become fully-alert without a shower compared to when I've had a shower. Also, I feel like a complete grease ball if I haven't showered after sleeping, and I tend to feel much warmer more quickly on hot days, as well.

Preacher

I only shower in the mornings or after specific scenarios. Showering at night is the biggest waste of time. I'm going to shower in order to enter a brief state of unconciousness for 8 hours max in order to take another shower when I wake up.

Yeah utter waste of time

Media

Evening for me, and always shower. Bathing is gross. I'm a freaking wreak in the morning, so showering then might actually be dangerous since my coordination is off lol

manfestival

If I don't shower at night I feel gross in the morning. In fact i feel pretty amazing and clean going to bed and waking up. Like I get this crisp feeling. Showering in the morning I feel gross going to bed.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Morning, except for right now because we are in the middle of selling the house, which means showing at night as you never know when someone may want to see it at 8am.

Morning, every day, no exceptions. I'll shower again during the day or at night if I need to cool off but otherwise it's just the mornings for me. I need it to wake up. I don't drink coffee so it's the only thing I have going for me. Plus my hair would be an impossible nightmare if I showered before bed and not when I woke up. It's bad enough after a nap let alone 6-9 hours.

Mephala

I rinse myself with water in the morning under the shower. Usually no soap or shampoo, just water. Just a quick wake up thing.

I shower and clean at night or where ever I can fit it in if I'm busy.

I bath sometimes as a bit of a treat.

Reszo

Shower, i relax in the bath like once a month.

I shower mostly in the morning. The only time i shower at night is if i have to be up early in the morning or if i workout.

I shower at night. It keeps my bed clean longer and I don't have to spend so much time in the morning getting ready for the day.

TCTF Agent

Neo Member
I shower at night because my work has me up to all sorts of hours and it helps me relax before sleeping. Getting better sleep makes it easier to wake up each morning as well.

Haines

Banned
Twice a day. Quick lather and shampoo and out. Skip the shampoo some times.

Weekends only once a day tho

Or if ij m really tired and sore I'll take a weekday once a day shower

mrkgoo

Maybe it's just me but the act of sleep feels like it makes me feel 'dirtier' than doing the things I normally do during the day. I tend to sweat a lot. Then there's the drooling. I have a weird bowel thing so when I wake up, I have a lot of gas and need to fart a lot. Also, my hair is untameable unless I take a shower.

I can't start my day without taking a shower.

Well, it won't be JUST you, I'm sure a lot of people feel this way, hence the morning shower.

I mean, I'd love to take two showers a day, but it's kind of a waste of money. Like I said I've done both and don;t mind doing either way, but I do like going to bed clean.

I wish I could only shower at night. It would let me sleep in a bit more before work and reduce my time in the morning before leaving.

But I just feel weird and not as clean if I'm at work without having taken a shower in the morning. So mornings it is, with sometimes an extra shower at night.

I do take an occasional bath, but not to clean up. Just to relax for a bit.

Dipper145

The night shower people, when you wake up what's your method for fixing messy bedhead hair? Do you just wet and dry your hair using the sink and your hands or what?

I'd love to shower just at night, but it makes my hair messy in the morning, and no amount of using just water and my hands will tame it as well as a shower can. Even with using product in it, it isn't the same.

how the fuck do people go to bed after being out all day, that's gross. Take a shower at night and get all of outside off of you.

Yep, this is how I feel as well.

The night shower people, when you wake up what's your method for fixing messy bedhead hair? Do you just wet and dry your hair using the sink and your hands or what?

I'd love to shower just at night, but it makes my hair messy in the morning, and no amount of using just water and my hands will tame it as well as a shower can. Even with using product in it, it isn't the same.

Shave it all off.

I shower once a day, either directly after I wake up, or right before I go to work. It kind of works out since I have seven towels, I only have to do laundry once a week.

Top Bottom