• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing since Friday and the game is a blast.

I don't even notice how the time flies. Currently 14 Hours played lvl 24 and still on the lvl 12 main quest.

And i think, this one, is my GOTY. I dont think any game can take my breath like this one does.

silva1991

I saw a few people from Guerrilla retweet this

c5cjdjpwcaafgzmxfk29.jpg

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Cute :D

They also made this years ago

pennyarcade.jpg

Great OT, Shinobi.

This is a game I've wanted to be good for so long, but I held pretty strong reservations against it. Reviews lifted my faith to high places and now I'm amped.

Took vacation days from work this week to play Horizon, see Logan opening night, and get my Nintendo Switch pre-order at midnight (just after Logan)... So, so, so excited for all of that.

Codiox

Played this game the whole weekend, and all I can say is this is the next ocarina of time. It will change all open world games coming out, because now there are no excuses anymore for a game not looking / playing at least as good as this game.

It sets the bar so fucking high for every other open world game, its crazy...

ZeroX03

Banned
Preordered this, will download it shortly, not sure whether I'll play it anytime soon, Zelda is coming out too soon and I won't be doing Horizon any favors trying to play it concurrently. Mainly got the game because of the spend $100 promo lol.

E: unless this is a particularly fast game to finish/platinum? I assume it's long but some open world titles come in under 20

OP amazing work

could you just add two words on the official artbook being available on the same day as the game ?

many people were interested in the tiny useless version of the artbook in the steelbook edition not knowing a full size 200+ pages book is available.

KaoteK

Fantastic OT Shinobi, thank you.

My copy is preloaded and ready to go. I keep turning on my ps4 to check how much longer despite knowing exactly it unlocks at lunch time tomorrow (Asia time zone here)

Between this and Nioh, I've completely blown my "no preorder" rule but in both cases the reviews did it for me.

I have to wonder if the embargoes lifting 2 weeks before on both titles released is a really smart move by Sony.

bombshell

Preordered this, will download it shortly, not sure whether I'll play it anytime soon, Zelda is coming out too soon and I won't be doing Horizon any favors trying to play it concurrently. Mainly got the game because of the spend $100 promo lol.

E: unless this is a particularly fast game to finish/platinum? I assume it's long but some open world titles come in under 20

It's reported by a few people to be ~30 hours to finish, ~60 hours to platinum. It can of course vary depending on how you play. I like to play slow, so mine will be higher.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's reported by a few people to be ~30 hours to finish, ~60 hours to platinum. It can of course vary depending on how you play. I like to play slow, so mine will be higher.

Okay yeah looks like there's some missable stuff too, I'll hold off for a while.

Exquisik

Great OT Shinobi! And thank you for the hard work and I wish you luck with your personal life endeavour.

Can't wait to finally get my hands on this game. I am planning to explore every nook and cranny just like every other rpgs I have played.

Philippo

Great job Shinobi!

Feels like testerday you were teasing what the game was about before it's reveal. Thosentwo infamous artworks set the web on fire lol

Played this game the whole weekend, and all I can say is this is the next ocarina of time. It will change all open world games coming out, because now there are no excuses anymore for a game not looking / playing at least as good as this game.

It sets the bar so fucking high for every other open world game, its crazy...

Well, if word is to be believed, there is a another open world game coming out this week that raises the bar even further,

What a time to be alive.

Playing since Friday and the game is a blast.

I don't even notice how the time flies. Currently 14 Hours played lvl 24 and still on the lvl 12 main quest.

And i think, this one, is my GOTY. I dont think any game can take my breath like this one does.

Do you feel overleveled?

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Will echo what others have said here: currently 25 hours in and have reached 38% completion, so I don't think i'll be seeing the back of this in the predicted ~35 hours. I still have huge sections of the map I've not even explored, quests and errands stacking up - it's all gravy.

LIke others here, I'm absolutely blown away. Think of Witcher 3 style world and quest design, MGSV style open world encounters and a little TR/UC style traversal/platforming.

The combat I can't really compare - very much a beast of it's own - but it defintely has a bit of BB influence. Be ready to read attack animations, because spamming the dodge button just gets you killed. The machines in particular have big wind-ups on thier melee attacks and your iframes are limited, so timing is crucial.

Garb also reminds me of BB in that there's no single super-duper set that'll cover you in all scearios. Each outfit is tailored to specific areas and enemies, but you'll need to swap out for each area.

Game is an absolute bench mark and hands down one of the best looking games ever put to market. Between

Psoelberg

Great OT.

Bought a pro for this last week - I'm sooo ready!

For some reason this game also makes me more hyped for the next Red Dead. Must be the beautiful nature.

LIke others here, I'm absolutely blown away. Think of Witcher 3 style world and quest design, MGSV style open world encounters and a little TR/UC style traversal/platforming.

Sounds like a dream come true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom