• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone "4" available Tuesday (gamestop)

Sanke__

Considering you cant play them without the console, the games probably dont have a street date just the console and they probably get killzone in tomorrow. It seems legit to me and I preordered the game the day after the e3 sony press conference and got a text if that matters and the preorder is at what would be considered a very high traffic store (they had the maximum of ps4 preorders available)

I may pick this up tomorrow. It'll be one less thing they'll be able to take from me at gunpoint while walking to my car on launch night.

dzelly

I just got the same thing....

1385763_600089080048063_2063135165_n.jpg

TriGen

Yeah, I got it too. What I'm wondering is if that means I have to pick it up or can I wait until the 15th? I think they have some sort of rule of eating your pre-order money if you don't pick something up within 'x' amount of days, but I'm not sure if that applies here.

GravyButt

Yeah, I got it too. What I'm wondering is if that means I have to pick it up or can I wait until the 15th? I think they have some sort of rule of eating your pre-order money if you don't pick something up within 'x' amount of days, but I'm not sure if that applies here.
They never eat your money on preorders. They just sit there until the system purges then they call you and tell you to come in or call by phone and put your credit on something else.

Hawk269

I didn't preorder Bf4. The plot thickens.

Me neither and I just got a txt from GS saying that my KillZone 4 pre-order will be in tomorrow.

Interesting to say the least. If they actually do have it tomorrow, I am just going to get it tomorrow.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
My wife told me that I got a call from Gamestop today and that they mentioned something about "Tuesday". She didn't explain what they said about "Tuesday" or why they called, but I'll give her a break because she's Italian. I do have Killzone: ShadowFall paid for so this thread explains what she couldn't! :)

Squishy3

Launch games are oftentimes not street dated. I remember some launch games for Wii U being out a week before the system actually launched.

I'm buddies with the manager at the GameStop near my job (used to work at GameStop looong ago), so I stopped by to see what's up with this.

He said he was unfamiliar with the calls, but the game's not street dated, so they can sell it whenever they get it in. But they haven't gotten it in, and the shipping list implied it wouldn't even be on its way to their specific store until November 2nd.

I caved and bought a DS4 while I was there. Opened it on the spot and the employees and I fooled around with it. Thinking about trying to play KZ3 with it tonight.

MilkBeard

Hmm. I wonder if I can go in there and convince them to sell it to me without a preorder. I am gonna pick up Sonic: Lost World, and I can hang that over their heads. "Well, I can always get this at Best Buy instead..."

I hope it works

EDIT: Ah, Nov. 2nd then. Nevermind. Maybe I'll put in a preorder anyway so I can pick it up early.

Dereck

Being able to buy controllers and games before getting the actual console is more of a tease than having nothing at all.

Punkrockguy

Neo Member
I also got this text message. I called my GameStop and they said it must be a mistake and they don't know anything about getting that game in tomorrow.

DC1

They told me the release date is Nov 2. Beats me, I guess we can find out tomorrow.

I know, I picked up a controller the other day and the thing is sex!

Play a PS3 game with it.. go ahead.
Spend an hour with the DS4 (Share button for select and Option button for start)
.. go ahead.. do it.

Now tell me if that DS4 isn't the best controller you have every held.

(Really, I refuse to play The Last of Us with anything else but the DS4)

xn0

I got the "Pick up your KZ4 tomorrow" text message as well. I called my local GS manager and he told me that he'll have them tomorrow but the computer still says the release date is Saturday Nov 2nd. This is the only game I have preordered with GS.

woromatt

Neo Member
look like Sony gave the go ahead to sell items as they come in. KZ:SF has had a release date of November 4th for a few days now.

Yea I have a preorder with Best Buy and they changed my shipping date to Nov. 4th aswell! I love how I'll have all my games before I even have my console.

U2NUMB

Got that tonight also.. what is odd is it says Tuesday PM..

Will call before I get there and if the cover does not say Killzone 4 I will request a free copy of another Killzone PS4 game :)

So for 2 weeks I will have a controller and a game. Ultimate Troll.. check mate Sony you win.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
The real question... is anyone selling the PS4 vertical stand yet? It's annoying me to no end that it isn't available on Amazon for pre-sale.

Top Bottom