• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
8e7vq.png

still waiting.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
duckroll said:
Yes, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying those are the shows I will watch at least one episode of. No point making a list of shows I will likely also watch 2 episodes of, 5 episodes of, 12 episodes of, etc.

You're no fun :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
cj_iwakura said:
I (obviously) hold ABe in very high regard.

Yeah. I went to Anime Expo years ago just to see him. Actually won this pencil portrait of Hikari at the panel, still my most prized anime collectable. Cosplayed as The Communicator when I went to go pick it up. Was awesome.

hikari-sketch.jpg

Shouta

Goddamn kids, this many posts in an hour?

Blue Exorcist for sure as I've been reading the manga since it started. Tiger and Bunny looks like something to watch too. .

Also Deen with money = not bad. Deen without money = lulz.

Paprikka

luka said:
I just started watching yumekui merry yesterday. So far it doesn't suck.
If you like it you should check out the manga afterwards, it has plenty more good moments and goes in a better direction than the one they have in the anime for the original ending.

And yes this thread is zooming, feel like I need to get that auto-updater extension I've seen before. Probably gonna wake up to like 10 pages tomorrow.

cj_iwakura

DrForester said:
Yeah. I went to Anime Expo years ago just to see him. Actually won this pencil portrait of Hikari at the panel, still my most prized anime collectable. Cosplayed as The Communicator when I went to go pick it up. Was awesome.

hikari-sketch.jpg

Nice.

My prized collectible is Omnipresence In Wired, the English version.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Not a chance!

Anyways, since Studio DEEN really did Angel's Egg and Maison Ikkoku, it's clear that their best days are behind them. About 25 years behind them. Simoun was a'ight though.
Yeah, it's not like that animation staff is even working there any more. Well, some of them might be, I can't be bothered to check.

El Sloth

Banned
Thread will be a pleasure to lurk once more.

Will eventually check out TWGOK and Sket Dance. Hope X-Men turns out good.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
cosmicblizzard said:
Jeez, page 3 in less than an hour? Took the winter thread nearly 4 hours to do that. We might get to the locking point again.
That's what happens when I take reign of the thread making!

Nonoriri

duckroll said:
I watch shows like Iron Man and Wolverine. I no longer know what fun is. :(

If you didn't how else would we know how they turned out?
Ok so we all know that isn't true but hey I like reading about bad things.

icarus-daedelus said:
Not before, but that does help a bit. :p Looks cool but, uh, I'd still like to see more than just two characters and some background art. MOAR

Sounds like you need more Mebae Asuka, it's the next best thing!

mebae3.jpg

trejo

Shouta said:
Blue Exorcist for sure as I've been reading the manga since it started. Tiger and Bunny looks like something to watch too. .
Isn't the manga like, fairly recent? What are the chances of them pumping out something worthwhile with what material they have?

edit: Dem legs are looong.

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
Jeez, page 3 in less than an hour? Took the winter thread nearly 4 hours to do that. We might get to the locking point again.
This generally happens, but it depends on the hour that the thread is posted. It'll start to drop off eventually, they always do.

doomed1 said:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 1
Not a good start guys. Interesting shot and visual design choices for the otherworld stuff, but as soon as the dream ends, it's moe pandering the whole way. Madoka even LOOKS STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA AND SAYS SHE WISHES SHE WOULD GET A LOVE LETTER. Excuse me as I throw up. And of course the first Mahou Shoujo seen and who almost dies is a kuudere. Why don't we just give her blue hair and a questionable relationship with a bearded man while we're at it? The shift to LOOK, HERE'S THE RIVAL seems forced too, and it looks like she has some insecurities to work out.

The good is that it has an interesting approach to lighting and sound, and the visual design is unique when things get going, but really it's very uneven. I'll keep watching, see where it goes. It doesn't look BAD persay, which I never thought it was, I just don't think it'll live up to the hype some of you guys put it to.

Watch up to ep 3 then do whatever.

Jexhius said:
This generally happens, but it depends on the hour that the thread is posted. It'll start to drop off eventually, they always do.

you know it will start again once we reach one of "those" topics.

trejo said:
Isn't the manga like, fairly recent? What are the chances of them pumping out something worthwhile with what material they have?

It's only going to be 12 episodes, right? They shouldn't run into an issue there.

I've been meaning to check the series out, so I'll probably check out the anime.

Shouta

trejo said:

Assuming they only do a 13 episode series, they could do something decent enough to leave the door open for more. The manga is only 5-6 volumes at the moment and it's just started a proper story arc or so.

I had a pretty terrible last season, only 105 posts.

Oh, and for the remaining K-ON haters in Anime-GAF:

k-on_jex.gif

We have Jexhius on our side now. Your survival is now impossible, so you might as well give in to your hate! :3

I guess I'd better start watching TWGOK since season 2 is premiering really soon now. I've also prepared Gundam movies 2, 3, and Char's Counterattack, so I'm ready to get through those so I can start watching Gundam Unicorn. I've put Broken Blade on indefinite hiatus until all 6 parts have been released, if it actually turns out decent at the end, I'll resume watching, otherwise I won't.

Dresden

trejo said:
Not bad at all. It's scheduled for 12 episodes and the manga is a monthly with 25+ chapters out. They're in no danger anytime soon.

Nonoriri

El Sloth said:
Thread will be a pleasure to lurk once more.

Will eventually check out TWGOK and Sket Dance. Hope X-Men turns out good.

duckroll is jumping on that grenade for his strange amusement our sake.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Jexhius said:
Then bump back up at certain days of the month.

We have Jexhius on our side now. Your survival is now impossible, so you might as well give in to your hate! :3
Geez you even had to screencap his shame?

Nonoriri

icarus-daedelus said:
This isn't going to turn into you spamming Asuka pictures at me, right? Right?!

Doesn't seem like something I'd do.

mebae5.jpg

trejo

Unknown Soldier said:
I had a pretty terrible last season, only 105 posts.

Oh, and for the remaining K-ON haters in Anime-GAF:

NEVER.

I do like the EDs.

iavi

Holy shit, that op... if you were sitting next to me right now, I9, I'd buy you a drink. You too Halycon, but the banner only nets you apple juice.

duckroll

I'm actually looking forward to episode 1 of X-Men this week more than I'm looking forward to the final episode of Star Driver. Lol. And I'm not at all joking.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
Art design looks pretty bad. Reminds me of Canaan or something. :(
I'll start caring about that the moment White Rabbit screws up the anime. I've read quite a bit of it already so I should be able to judge from the first few episodes.

Jex

Regulus Tera said:
Call me when Mebae does Misato.
Too old.
duckroll said:
I'm actually looking forward to episode 1 of X-Men this week more than I'm looking forward to the final episode of Star Driver. Lol. And I'm not at all joking.
Owch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom