• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Apr |OT| Presented By Unicef and Feed The Children, Fuk Yo Hunger Clown.

If The bobcats tried and kept Diaw they very well could not have gotten 13 more wins.

Or under the Mamba system ended up as 3rd worse, with less picks, worse contracts and less of a shot at the best players. They'd be shittier for longer becuase of it.

If The bobcats tried and kept Diaw they very well could not have gotten 13 more wins.

Or under the Mamba system ended up as 3rd worse, with less picks, worse contracts and less of a shot at the best players. They'd be shittier for longer becuase of it.

I'm not saying for them to get to be 2nd worse. Just that the product they'd put out wouldn't be so asstastic. They'd also be more willing to make a deal during the year, I bet.

You realize I haven't actually altered their odds much. Right now they won't get the 1st pick 75% of the time. Under my proposal, that is 88% of the time. And they'd still be guaranteed top 4...

I don't think people realize the worst pick having the best odds isn't that much of an advantage right now. Which is why my proposal only makes the odds a little bit worse but enough to go an incentive to win if you can.

thekad

Banned
Mamba is saying the Bobcats are an outlier. Obviously they deserve the #1 pick but usually the worst teams are about equal.

Mamba is saying the Bobcats are an outlier. Obviously they deserve the #1 pick but usually the worst teams are about equal.

This too. If every 10 years a random Bobcats get screwed, so be it. What's the difference between 2nd and 6th worse this year? Not much.

Another thing they could do is give bottom 5 or bottom 6 equal odds at the top 3. Then 7-10 equal odds and 11-14 equal odds.

I hate the idea of giving the worst team the top draft pick anyway. In fact, teams should be able to use cap space to buy draft picks. Stop rewarding horrible organizations with this commie bullshit.

h3ro

afEXw.jpg

NawidA

Banned
That's beyond idiotic.

Why would any player want to go to a small market team?
They would go to the team they want to (taking into consideration money offered and location). This would of course shrink the league a bit (which I think is a good thing) but people want to be stars.

Lakers giving this game to the kings fucks them over. coin flip with Nets for 5th best odds. nets will win it and then get Davis. book that shit. And Deron stays thanks to that fucking Dallas over.

will feelsgoodman.jpb

Canuck76

Banned
I'm going to make the prediction that Jefferson might be too much for Duncan inside. I think he drops 25+ every game.

Blazers dropped Patty because he's a crappy 3pt shooter. We already have enough of those types of players

pilonv1

nope. Regular Season only. Playoffs are on cable..can't have ESPN losing ratings.

lame, Playoffs are part of the international package. Time for a vpn?

Coin flip tomorrow at 11am. Never been so nervous for a coin flip in my life.

Does this mean we can have an off-season thread now too?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

I don't need streams. I'm in the land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeee. I might need a stream Sunday if I advance in the mvc3 tourney this weekend.

Since it's the Warriors, I bet they win the flip and Toronto wins one of the top three picks and bump the Warriors out of their pick anyway.

NOHOPE

Cloudy

Banned
As long as he's not gone for the year, I think Metta's suspension could be a blessing in disguise. Regardless of his recent play, I've always felt that Metta doesn't fit in the starting lineup because he needs the ball and is a shaky shooter. Also, unless we're playing Miami or Boston, quick feet are more important than strength defensively (Didn't you see Durant just blowing by him off screens yesterday?)

Ebanks knows his role and will just hustle and run the floor. With the big 3 and Ramon, we have too many guys who fancy themselves as scorers starting anyways.

If he's only gone a few games, Metta would come off the bench the rest of the way assuming we advance. It's something Mike Brown should have done a long time ago IMO. Ebanks plays well with the starters and Ron can get better offensive opportunities off the bench.

My analysis is spot-on again...

Top Bottom