• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

All data Organization members have been defeated!! I didn't think I'd be able to do it but I managed to defeat them all. Roxas, Xemnas, Marluxia, Xaldin, and Lexaus were my favorite fights. Zexion believe it or not was the most annoying to me followed by Demyx.

Now it's time to do the paradox missions and gummi ship stuff and the plat will be mine.

Philippo

Please don't tell me i have to play this dumb board game everytime i want to level up my skills oh my god!

Also, why is there a fucking 3rd type of enemies in this universe other than Heartless and Nobodies, it's like they don't know what to do anymore

Famassu

Please don't tell me i have to play this dumb board game everytime i want to level up my skills oh my god!

Also, why is there a fucking 3rd type of enemies in this universe other than Heartless and Nobodies, it's like they don't know what to do anymore
The enemies will be explained.

And no, you do not have to play the board game to level up skills. You can just fight enemies.

Learn command melding. Like, thoroughly understand how it works. And then get to melding good commands & abilities with them.

Heartless and Nobodies aren't a major thing since this is 10 years before KH1. They couldn't use 90% of the heartless designs from KH1-onward because they don't exist in the story yet.

Qurupeke

I started Chain of Memories today and, to my surprise, this isn't exactly an Action RPG. Are there any difficulty spikes later, because I don't like the Card based mechanics much and I feel like if the game gets significantly harder, that is where I'll abandon it. Or at least, does it get more fun? Right now it seems like I'm spamming different cards between recharges. I've only beat Wonderland though.

I started Chain of Memories today and, to my surprise, this isn't exactly an Action RPG. Are there any difficulty spikes later, because I don't like the Card based mechanics much and I feel like if the game gets significantly harder, that is where I'll abandon it. Or at least, does it get more fun? Right now it seems like I'm spamming different cards between recharges. I've only beat Wonderland though.

Some of the later fights can be hard. Vexen is an absolute asshole with his 0 cards

1. Restart the game and start on easy.

2. When you level up focus on HP and CP and a few sleights. I forget the slight, but there is one where you just fly across the whole room, hitting everyone. As soon as you get that one, dont bother anymore. The rest require summons/magic and other garbage like that.

3. Stack your entire deck with high level keyblade cards. I'm talking level 0, 7,8, 9. Forget summon/magic cards/anything else thats a gimmick.

4. At the start of battle, put down the enemy Jafar card.

5. Mash your way to freedom.

With this set up, it'll be hard for enemies to ever interrupt you. Just keeping pumping it into cp and hp. I would rather have few cards then lots of cards that are low.

Remember, every time you use the triangle option, where you stack 3 cards, you lose one of those cards. So for most of the regular enemies, you can just mash your regular cards, and just reload when you run out, and keep going. Having high level like this plus Jafar makes it hard for them to block you.

COM is a fucking SLOG. I was on the verge of quitting it probably half a dozen times.

tbh a lot of this is bad advice, no offense. learn a new sleight EVERY time one is available, and beat regular enemies solely by spamming sleights at them (you'll kill all the enemies long before you run out of cards in your deck). the Jafar stuff is good advice for when you're playing as Riku, but as Sora you really should be looking to escape the practice of playing individual cards as attacks as fast as humanly possible.

KH2 platinum acquired. The gummi ship missions were actually enjoyable this time around. I don't think I'll play BBS so I'm done with the collection. I thank everyone who helped me and gave tips.

Famassu

KH2 platinum acquired. The gummi ship missions were actually enjoyable this time around. I don't think I'll play BBS so I'm done with the collection. I thank everyone who helped me and gave tips.
Wut? Why? Have you already played it? If yes, then yeah, I understand, but if you haven't, it's a very enjoyable KH even if its PSP roots are pretty evident. Maybe not all that fun to Platinum but don't worry about such things.

Wut? Why? Have you already played it? If yes, then yeah, I understand, but if you haven't, it's a very enjoyable KH even if its PSP roots are pretty evident. Maybe not all that fun to Platinum but don't worry about such things.
Yeah I've already played it. I don't like it as much as Kh2. The only reason I'd play it again is for the story and platinum which isn't fun sooo.

JTripper

Might platinum KH1 and 2 again before 3 releases. Already platinumed all of them on PS3 but I never get tired of 1 and 2. Love those games. I will never touch BBS or Re Chain for the rest of my life though. Those platinums were torture.

I am really not enjoying Dream drop distance. This mechanic of switching characters every whatever amount of time is extremely annoying. It just interrupted a boss fight as I was about to win, then when I came back it restarted the fight. What the fuck.

Probably my 2nd least favorite, right above CoM

I am really not enjoying Dream drop distance. This mechanic of switching characters every whatever amount of time is extremely annoying. It just interrupted a boss fight as I was about to win, then when I came back it restarted the fight. What the fuck.

Probably my 2nd least favorite, right above CoM

If you don't know, you can pop a drop-me-not to fill your drop gauge when it's low so you don't drop during bosses.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus, what is with this God forsaken solar sail fight in kh2.

I keep getting game over from the weight limit. I'm trying my fucking best, and I keep hitting this stupid ass shit limit. Pissing me off.

Mikey Jr.

Quick question.

Is this the main kingdom hearts thread on Gaf, or is there another one?

And NOT that chi thread or whatever.

Hasney

Jeeze. Decided if I'm going to do 1.5, I'd go for the platinum. Put it on Proud and the boss is schooling me. Goddamn. Not sire what to do other than bang my head against it. Camera and hitting the wrong thing while trying to tech is killing me.

Jeeze. Decided if I'm going to do 1.5, I'd go for the platinum. Put it on Proud and the boss is schooling me. Goddamn. Not sire what to do other than bang my head against it. Camera and hitting the wrong thing while trying to tech is killing me.

Are you talking about the Armor in Traverse Town? It really depends on what you picked to start off the game, but if you're having troubles with it, then grind out some heartless. Use the munny you get to also buy some defensive boosting items from Cid.

Between the armor and the boss in Wonderland, the game is difficult. As you keep going, though, it gets easier

Hasney

Are you talking about the Armor in Traverse Town? It really depends on what you picked to start off the game, but if you're having troubles with it, then grind out some heartless. Use the munny you get to also buy some defensive boosting items from Cid.

Between the armor and the boss in Wonderland, the game is difficult. As you keep going, though, it gets easier

Yeah cheers, went and grinded a couple of levels and got Def+ bracelet and going to give it another shot in a second. Thought I was locked after getting to district 3 for some reason.

Yeah cheers, went and grinded a couple of levels and got Def+ bracelet and going to give it another shot in a second. Thought I was locked after getting to district 3 for some reason.

It'll give, eventually! Heads up, too, on Wonderland being tough. The game also gets much more manageable after you get Cure. You get it after finishing Deep Woods, so it's up to you whether you go to Olympus right after Wonderland, or Deep Woods

Hasney

It'll give, eventually! Heads up, too, on Wonderland being tough. The game also gets much more manageable after you get Cure. You get it after finishing Deep Woods, so it's up to you whether you go to Olympus right after Wonderland, or Deep Woods

Did it after being clearly over levelled! On Wonderland now and the guide I read said to stop him from getting to the cooker... Well he walked there no matter what he did and now all he does is spam those fireballs then recharges since he's just standing there, then spam again. Can't get close.

Just hiding behind a chair and hoping Donald and Goofy get lucky.

EDIT: After 30 minutes he moved to attack close in before spamming projectiles at close range....

EDIT2:Gottem

Psxphile

Did it after being clearly over levelled! On Wonderland now and the guide I read said to stop him from getting to the cooker... Well he walked there no matter what he did and now all he does is spam those fireballs then recharges since he's just standing there, then spam again. Can't get close.

Just hiding behind a chair and hoping Donald and Goofy get lucky.

EDIT: After 30 minutes he moved to attack close in before spamming projectiles at close range....

EDIT2:Gottem

Bit of an ineffectual guide then... the idea is to cast Blizzard on the grate below the stove top to prevent the boss from using it to light his weapons (maraccas?) on fire.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is it worth it to play through Riku Mode on Chain of Memories?

I enjoyed Sora Mode but had to grind like crazy to beat the game. Now, in Riku Mode, I'm getting crushed by Vexen early in the game. I'm getting kind of tired of the gameplay.

Is it worth it to play through Riku Mode on Chain of Memories?

I enjoyed Sora Mode but had to grind like crazy to beat the game. Now, in Riku Mode, I'm getting crushed by Vexen early in the game. I'm getting kind of tired of the gameplay.

For the story, yes! Riku's story is worth it

Psxphile

Yeah, the game doesn't communicate too well that spells can have secondary effects besides damaging enemies. I figured out on my own that using Gravity makes those floating chests come down in Hollow Bastion, but it would be years before I would stumble upon this other thing:

YXAq77z.jpg

KH1 was filled with weird little easter eggs like that. Another thing lost as the series continued. Maybe KHIII can bring back a bit of puzzle solving to the action and platforming... though I wouldn't bet on it judging from the focus on flashy action from recent trailers.

Hasney

Bit of an ineffectual guide then... the idea is to cast Blizzard on the grate below the stove top to prevent the boss from using it to light his weapons (maraccas?) on fire.

... Actually the guide says that. Whoops. I thought it meant cast blizzard on his fire sticks and mis-read it.

NullKaze

KH1 was filled with weird little easter eggs like that. Another thing lost as the series continued. Maybe KHIII can bring back a bit of puzzle solving to the action and platforming... though I wouldn't bet on it judging from the focus on flashy action from recent trailers.
Oh KH3 has potential.

Just look at how Blizzard in 0.2 creates a trail that you can FlowMo on, plus some of the puzzling in the mines area.

Blizzard and Aero already have platforming capabilities. Just hope that the team puts them to good use.

Kjellson

What is the recommended level for the second Riku fight in Hollow Bastion, after the dragon? When I played KH many, many years ago I got stuck at this fight, and now I got the exact same road block. I really thought I would be much better by now.

What is the recommended level for the second Riku fight in Hollow Bastion, after the dragon? When I played KH many, many years ago I got stuck at this fight, and now I got the exact same road block. I really thought I would be much better by now.
My advice is this: AFTER you beat Riku, every single world will develop much tougher Heartless. Run around and get every treasure chest and Trinity; beat every Coliseum trial (even these get tougher!) all three possible ways; and maybe dabble a bit in synthesis (though some crucial item drops for top-tier Synthesis items won't be ready yet). Doing all that will almost certainly fully prepare you for Riku 2 *and* make your next steps after that substantially easier.

Mikey Jr.

I forgot how unforgiving this stupid ass birth by sleep is. Jesus.

Doing that coliseum with Terra, and what the fuck? 10 rounds, and a timer that is barely enough time. And if you lose? Fuck you, back to round one with you!

I'm on the verge of dropping this game and just watching the cutscenes online or something.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is an underrated game to me. The battle system is pretty interesting and it has a very cool story in my opinion. Fuck getting the platinum trophy though, did it once on PS3, don't have the patience to do it again.

Hasney

My advice is this: AFTER you beat Riku, every single world will develop much tougher Heartless. Run around and get every treasure chest and Trinity; beat every Coliseum trial (even these get tougher!) all three possible ways; and maybe dabble a bit in synthesis (though some crucial item drops for top-tier Synthesis items won't be ready yet). Doing all that will almost certainly fully prepare you for Riku 2 *and* make your next steps after that substantially easier.

I destroyed him first time on Proud. Don't know if it's shield exclusive, but if you learned counterattack, just put aero up and spam attack him. Didn't even need to heal.

At final rest before I went to bed last night. Ready for some bullshit.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is an underrated game to me. The battle system is pretty interesting and it has a very cool story in my opinion. Fuck getting the platinum trophy though, did it once on PS3, don't have the patience to do it again.

the difficultly trophies do stack now so it's nowhere near as bad as it was one PS3

but man getting all the cards and getting Riku to lvl99, man does that take awhile

OK, this has been bothering me for a long time and I want this answered: What the heck is Goofy saying during a couple of his attacks in KH1/KH2? You can hear the voice clip I'm talking about by having Goofy perform Rocket in KH1 or by using Trinity Limit in KH2.

It sounds like "Make fire!" to me but that doesn't make any sense. GameFAQs even has a Battle Quote FAQ and not even that one can provide a clear answer:

GameFAQs said:
"Upper/Think fast!(?)" <when using Rocket>

If they are going to re-use voice clips in KH3 then this is going to annoy me lol.

Fauve

OK, this has been bothering me for a long time and I want this answered: What the heck is Goofy saying during a couple of his attacks in KH1/KH2? You can hear the voice clip I'm talking about by having Goofy perform Rocket in KH1 or by using Trinity Limit in KH2.

It sounds like "Make fire!" to me but that doesn't make any sense. GameFAQs even has a Battle Quote FAQ and not even that one can provide a clear answer:

If they are going to re-use voice clips in KH3 then this is going to annoy me lol.

I've always wondered myself about that voice clip of Goofy's lol. It's apparently "Take that!" going by the wiki. And after listening to Goofy's voice clips without all the background noises of combat, I'm gonna go with it.

Top Bottom