• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

I never understood demo stations like that. Here, stand up a foot away from this poorly calibrated TV and play.

MS should have gotten that thing in the Magnolia section or something.

I played Forza for about 30-45 mins (on and off so not to hold anyone up lol).

Well yeah, but for it being branded the most powerful console, I guess I expected more.

As a side note, the lady did tell me that there was no HDR on the TV, so obviously it's not playing at it's full potential.

I thought Forza was pretty much photorealistic though. You referring to a 7 demo or Horizon? I’m not particularly a big racer guy, but from what we’ve seen so far I assumed the visuals would wow people.

malfcn

sh11v5qxznnz0uso1.jpg

Best Buy? I want some swag.

I thought Forza was pretty much photorealistic though. You referring to a 7 demo or Horizon? I’m not particularly a big racer guy, but from what we’ve seen so far I assumed the visuals would wow people.

It was the 7 demo, which actually is one of the reasons why I want to get an X (Forza is very anticipated for me). I do want to see it with HDR though, which my tv does have.

MilkyJoe

Tesco are doing a special offer bundle,

XBox One X + Forza 7 for £469.

Edit

This delivery includes a delayed item. Split your delivery to get some items faster

Nice way to get Forza 7 cheap now, if you were getting an X anyway.

So, while visiting my Parent in IL this weekend, i stopped in the Best Buy in Bolingbrook IL on Sunday looking to play some One X, they didn't have it, no display, nothing. I live in Wisconsin, gonna stop in my local Best Buy this week sometime to see if they have one set up.

Does MS have a list of what BB stores have the X1 on display??? Anyone know?

MaulerX

So, while visiting my Parent in IL this weekend, i stopped in the Best Buy in Bolingbrook IL on Sunday looking to play some One X, they didn't have it, no display, nothing. I live in Wisconsin, gonna stop in my local Best Buy this week sometime to see if they have one set up.

Does MS have a list of what BB stores have the X1 on display??? Anyone know?

You can check here. Not in every state though which sucks.

btw the Amazon.com yearly ranking updated:
link
Xbox One X PSE went form #60 to #63
Xbox One X standard edition did not chart

So the standard SKU preorder allocation for Amazon.com so far is below the PS Edition

You can check here. Not in every state though which sucks.

Thanks alot man, big help!!! So there is one set up in wauwatosa Wisconsin which is 51-min North of me, about 20min North west of Milwaukee, which is Odd cause there are many other areas in Wisconsin much more populated (if your trying to get the word out) then wauwatosa!

Gotta say, I'm really really surprized that they did not set one up in the IL Gurnee Mall Best Buy (about 25min from me) right across from 6 flags Great America (infact, there are NO One X displays in all of IL), it's literally one of the busiest Malls in America. Infact, not only is there a Best buy in the Gurnee Mall, there is another Best Buy right across the street from the mall, which shows just how much traffic they get!

Wauwatosa INSTEAD of Gernee (Gernee's just 40min from Chicago, and 40min from Milwaukee, directly inbetween)??? Not sure whats up with MS marketing department, my mind is just spinning right now trying to figure out what in the world they were thinking picking their locations?!

Oh shit I almost forgot to mention it here.

Dutch game store Game Mania has a trade in program and I wish I had known this before I sold my fat Xbox One because they offer 140 euro for the fat Xbox One and 160 for the 1TB model. Strangely enough they couldn't give much info about how much you will get for your Xbox One S.

Really not a bad deal at all, considering I got 120 on a ebay like site for my 500GB one.

AmyS

I can't believe we're only 6 weeks away.

Anyway I was wondering how many of you are going to stand your Xbox One X up vertically?

I know I am probably not, at least not permanently.

JMY86

Anyway I was wondering how many of you are going to stand your Xbox One X up vertically?

Wow I really didnt realize we were that close, this year has really flown by. I have never used a vertical stand but my plan was was just replace my One S underneath my KS8000 as it fits very nice.

Ushay

Going flat, I've never really understood the need to stand a console except maybe on an office type desk environment.

Yoday

Wow I really didnt realize we were that close, this year has really flown by. I have never used a vertical stand but my plan was was just replace my One S underneath my KS8000 as it fits very nice.
I do the same thing, it's a perfect fit. When they revealed the One X the first thing I did was look up the dimensions to be sure it would also fit.

MrBenchmark

Has their been any details on the 4k Blu-ray player being used? Surely it’s an upgrade over the S?

If it runs on the same software then i'll continue using my stand alone player which i had to buy because they have completely fucked the blacks on 4k disks. brown every where regular blurays black are fine 4k disks are screwed.

SDMG

My bro went to a Best Buy and they were using a $600 LG TV. He also had to turn the HDR settings on the rep at the store didn't even know what HDR was or how to turn it on SMH. MS needs to do better what happen to the deal with Samsung why not have it on a QLED or OLED?

Memnoch

I preordered the X on Microsoft's site and it delayed the shipping date to November 30th, so I cancelled it and ordered from eb games site shipping on the 7th like it should. Weird.

I preordered the X on Microsoft's site and it delayed the shipping date to November 30th, so I cancelled it and ordered from eb games site shipping on the 7th like it should. Weird.

many retailers still take preorders, but don't guarantee a release date delivery anymore
Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk for example

ElNino

I'm currently using the Xbox One S vertically (beside a vertical PS4 Pro), so I plan to have the One X the same.

dcx4610

Might have already been asked but is there a way to get the regular edition or do I have to wait for the Scorpio edition stock to run out? I don't care for the lettering on the system.

Might have already been asked but is there a way to get the regular edition or do I have to wait for the Scorpio edition stock to run out? I don't care for the lettering on the system.

The Scorpio Editon is already out of stock.
Yes, you can just preorder the standard edition now

Ricker

The Scorpio sold out already,so I dont think you will see some on shelves on launch day...

I just realised that since I did the EBGames trade in thing,I have to bring my XBox One on the 29th so after all those delays,I will have to wait one more month to play Cuphead lol(my aging PC would probably run it very poorly)...oh well ;)

KageMaru

If it runs on the same software then i'll continue using my stand alone player which i had to buy because they have completely fucked the blacks on 4k disks. brown every where regular blurays black are fine 4k disks are screwed.

Is this true for all displays? Disappointing if so since I was looking forward to the 4K bluray feature.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Is this true for all displays? Disappointing if so since I was looking forward to the 4K bluray feature.

We don’t know yet. The cause of the color being off could just be the software decoder, and yes, it could be the same. They are after all in the same ecosystem. I wouldn’t be shocked if it is the same, but wouldn’t rush to judgement either.

My fat Xbox One used to be in a AV furniture but you can't really see it then. For the One X I will be placing it below my TV. It fits nicely there. I'll just have to dust the thing off more often.

Rellik

The Scorpio sold out already,so I dont think you will see some on shelves on launch day...

I just realised that since I did the EBGames trade in thing,I have to bring my XBox One on the 29th so after all those delays,I will have to wait one more month to play Cuphead lol(my aging PC would probably run it very poorly)...oh well ;)

Pre orders sold out. They do keep stock for shelves.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I keep thinking that but I want something else on the agenda so I can retain the hype. What's next - super sampling demo?

I was trying to do the same, but then came to realize I don’t have to. Just find some things to play with what you have to play on and other things to kill the time in between now and launch.

Ricker

Pre orders sold out. They do keep stock for shelves.

Ah...I was sure the Scorpio edition was for Pre-orders only and they said it sold out...what does the Scorpio edition have,besides the look,thats the different from the regular one...? might as well grab the Scorpio if they have some on shelves to sell to walk-ins...

I was trying to do the same, but then came to realize I don’t have to. Just find some things to play with what you have to play on and other things to kill the time in between now and launch.

But I have subscribed to this thread now and I need the hype. Desperate to actually play through the Witcher 3 which I have put to one side.

Colbert

Banned
But I have subscribed to this thread now and I need the hype. Desperate to actually play through the Witcher 3 which I have put to one side.

Hype!

Let's start a rumor:

You will see a patch for GTA V on Xbox One X!

Info is derived from my a**!

Dabanton

So close now. I think I’ll save my Wolfenstein II playthrough for the Xbox X launch.

Hoping to have my new 4K TV ready for them as well.

Sorry if anyone has asked this, but I am nervous about my amazon preorder. I preordered the Scorpio edition on 24 August and it still doesn’t have a delivery date, anyone have any insight on this? I preordered pretty early so I am hoping to get a launch unit.

Also if my order is not launch that must mean Microsoft is resupplying the distribution chains with extra Scorpio units post launch?

Top Bottom