• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 is outpacing previous installments, Switch sales are strong

tolkir

sujmPI0.gif

Btw, Europe eShop doesn't exist. That probably is the UK eShop.
It's third position in Spain.

Akai

I really wanted to enjoy the first game, but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it. I'm glad I gave the sequel a chance, because it's so good I ended up 100-percenting it over the course of the weekend.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How long are people finding this? I loved the first and could use another 6 hour-ish game.

How long are people finding this? I loved the first and could use another 6 hour-ish game.

You can finish it in under 5 hours if you're running through with point markers on. It can last anywhere up to 12 depending on your style though and even more if you're aiming for 100%

jariw

You can probably rush through to the credits in that time, but it's a game that's so inviting to play that quite a few surely will try to get 100% after that.

The scope is much bigger than the first game, but without feeling overwhelming.

Brakke

Banned
Started it today, it's great so far. The pacing of upgrades and terrain types is so smart. Going from the cramped-ass beginning to zipping around with a hookshot while TNT blows huge caverns into the world -- delightful.

dralla

12 hours in on the Switch version. Great game. The first game didn't really grab me but I'm glad I picked this up. I really enjoyed Heist so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'd love to see a sequel to Heist.

Ashtar

This is excellent I love image and form games or at least the steam world games that's all I've played of them.
But didn't steamworld launch on pc 3ds and Wii and then PS4 later?

PetrCobra

I really wanted to enjoy the first game, but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it. I'm glad I gave the sequel a chance, because it's so good I ended up 100-percenting it over the course of the weekend.

I started playing Friday evening and then finished the game during Saturday, went on to 100% some worlds but then stopped halfway through. I thought finding the secrets was too much sometimes, but thinking about it now I have already done it in most of the worlds, maybe I will do it after all.

DMiz

Super happy to hear that's doing well. I haven't picked t up yet - there are still games on the Switch that I'm punching through that are taking time to finish - but I look forward to finally having this on the go!

Good to hear! I picked it up after watching GameXplain's video preview, and I'm loving it so far.

I remember reading on GAF someone who claimed that indie sequels usually don't do very well. I'm glad this one could buck the trend / maybe it's the start of a new trend.

I'll throw in my purchase right now. I was hovering over it last night before I went into my night shift, thinking it'd be fun to play during downtime, but ultimately passed on it. I'll just grab it now while I have Twitch up in the background for SCR.

Good stuff. Enjoying the game, except when I die from an overhead boulder after digging too deep and have no light. It's not too punishing after activating a cog, but still...

Biske

Started it today, it's great so far. The pacing of upgrades and terrain types is so smart. Going from the cramped-ass beginning to zipping around with a hookshot while TNT blows huge caverns into the world -- delightful.

The hookshot movement is fun as hell.

Would love to see someone speed run this game.

Top Bottom