• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you know the singer in this Photo? (and other people lost to the years)

Boem

Someone turns this story into a film

I mean the finale would be a guy getting a beer, sitting behind his pc and spending a couple of hours on a gaming forum. It's not exactly Luke blowing up the Death Star, if you catch my drift.

Although this thread really is very cool.

I know a lot of Gaf may not be spiritual, but I am and Whoa this only solidifies that to me. I really don't believe in this level of coincidence.

Nice cover song too. Has me kinda wondering about how many great solvable stories GAF has like these waiting to happen.

And what if the person with the answer never clicked the thread. Whoa

AOOZlay.jpg

14 years later I'm married with two kids.

UPDATE SOLVED IN MERE HOURS: Gaffer Monchi-kun identifying as Roya Vakili

RIP your marriage.

(Seriously, she's gorgeous)

Ryaaan14

Banned
I know a lot of Gaf may not be spiritual, but I am and Whoa this only solidifies that to me. I really don't believe in this level of coincidence.

Nice cover song too. Has me kinda wondering about how many great solvable stories GAF has like these waiting to happen.

And what if the person with the answer never clicked the thread. Whoa

God wanted this man to be unfaithful

"Yes hello can you help me find the name of an unknown female singer?

"Sure, did she have a defining characteristic that would help us narrow it down?"

"Well... I.. *starts sweating* ... um.."

About uhhhh, 5 foot seven. Her eyes? Her eyes, uh, her eyes, uh, brown? Her hair? Good lord. Sort of a nondescript neutral sort of, uh . . .

liquidtmd

Banned
No kidding.

And some of you wanted me to go to Reddit...shame on you :)

Neogaf: Believe

This morning a bit more googling confirms the timeline.

Found her on LinkedIn, which states she was Promotion Director at WASH FM in D.C between 2000-2003, and later Product Manager at Ubi between 2008-2009

According to her profile, she's now currently Vice President of International Marketing at Fox Searchlight / Fox International Productions in L.A. I'm going to mail her I think with this story and picture lol

Update: yeah I've dropped her a line, basically saying I'm not expecting a reply and that this is entirely random but that she was good and hope she's doing well!

I mean the finale would be a guy getting a beer, sitting behind his pc and spending a couple of hours on a gaming forum. It's not exactly Luke blowing up the Death Star, if you catch my drift.

Although this thread really is very cool.

This is only the beginning!

Update: yeah I've dropped her a line, basically saying I'm not expecting a reply and that this is entirely random but that she was good and hope she's doing well!

That's nice, and relatively not creeperish :) I'm glad the GAF Super Powers were able to help.

Still blows my mind. Make sure to let us know if you hear back!

VP of Marketing at Fox Searchlight? Makes me realize that

1) my career is going nowhere compared to my fellow Ubisoft alumni

2) we can sell the option to make an indie movie about this thread and get famous

Top Bottom