• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Persona Q 2 could be on the way

Opa-Pa

Holy shit, yes. Awful characterizations aside, PQ was goddamn brilliant.

I really need a sequel starring P5, P1 and P2 characters... Goddamn, please.

Katsuya: Cats cats cats cats

I can see it :p

Oh god no. Please get someone competent to write it.

squall23

I didn't have a a big opinion one way or another when I played the game. It was a game that I enjoyed to an extent, but that's about it.

I love the battle themes though.

Forward

One of my fondest memories about the game, was zoning in on, and correctly deducing who would constitute the all-around best party, from nearly the get-go.

Naoto and P3 MC in the back, Front loaded with Kanji, P4 MC, and Aegis.

Linkin' Parked Tank, and Dark/Light instagib sweepers.

That's the assumption, yes.

I won't expect anything since nothing has been explicitly said about sound bomb, so anything at all would be a pleasant surprise.

PQ2 is almost definitely happening at some point though, and I hope they ditch the Persona EO concept and go with something different.

jonjonaug

That's the assumption, yes.

I won't expect anything since nothing has been explicitly said about sound bomb, so anything at all would be a pleasant surprise.

PQ2 is almost definitely happening at some point though, and I hope they ditch the Persona EO concept and go with something different.

The "Q" in the title is literally a pun on the Japanese title for EO so I doubt it'll be ditched.

Verder

do not click on that unless you have beaten p5. youre warned.
they gotta
bring back goro somehow and no way other than a spin off!
im in if its funny and witty

Keinning

do not click on that unless you have beaten p5. youre warned.
they gotta
bring back goro somehow and no way other than a spin off!
im in if its funny and witty

well they stuck P3MC in there and not in Arena so its not like logic would stop anyone from appearing during Q if they wanted to

PK Gaming

Oh yeah Akihiko's thing was training, training and more training. And I actually liked him.

My point is really that these characters aren't exactly deep and are walking cliches, so what is a spinoff in a weird timeline interval going to do with them besides exaggerate what they essentially are when there's no meaningful plot to involve them in.

I don't think that's accurate. Sure, characters like Fuuka, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Naoto are fairly basic, but characters like Junpei, Ken, Yosuke (when he isn't being a complete joke) and especially Yukari are pretty nuanced as characters. Persona runs the gamut from shallow to deep, and I'm not sure why you're singling out 3-5 when P1-2 have similar types of characters (though P2:EP has ridiculously high highs).

The "Q" in the title is literally a pun on the Japanese title for EO so I doubt it'll be ditched.

I never knew that, but on hindsight that makes a lot of sense as opposed to some randomly chosen letter.

What's in a name though? I'm gonna cross my fingers on this one, because I want to see them try something different with the spinoffs than just reiterating on the P4 ones.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Oh yeah Akihiko's thing was training, training and more training. And I actually liked him.

My point is really that these characters aren't exactly deep and are walking cliches, so what is a spinoff in a weird timeline interval going to do with them besides exaggerate what they essentially are when there's no meaningful plot to involve them in.

I remember that P4 Arena was where Akihiko started to develop a deep sexual interest in protein.

Keinning

I remember that P4 Arena was where Akihiko started to develop a deep sexual interest in protein.

They just replaced his obsession with training and shinji with something else.
I love Aki, but he's not even close of being one of the deepest characters in the series.

Opa-Pa

They just replaced his obsession with training and shinji with something else.
I love Aki, but he's not even close of being one of the deepest characters in the series.

These characters can have only a few defining traits and still come off as more or less believable human beings like in P3 though. There Akihiko is mostly a normal if a bit socially awkward person, but it's all explained with his (justifiable) obsession with becoming stronger/prove his strength.

Meanwhile in the spinoffs he's just a dumbass who won't shut up about protein even though he only says that word like thrice in the entirety of the source material. That's straight up terrible characterization.

Keinning

These characters can have only a few defining traits and still come off as more or less believable human beings like in P3 though. There Akihiko is mostly a normal if a bit socially awkward person, but it's all explained with his (justifiable) obsession with becoming stronger/prove his strength.

Meanwhile in the spinoffs he's just a dumbass who won't shut up about protein even though he only says that word like thrice in the entirety of the source material. That's straight up terrible characterization.

I'm not disputing he's even worse on the spinoffs, i'm just claiming he's not as developed in the main game. P3P did a lot to develop him and Shinji better as characters on FeMC route, but i'm considering only base P3 here. In which he is the tough anime guy who wants to train and get stronger and that pretty much defines every interaction with him since he's not a social link because ewww why would male P3MC even bond with his male SeeS friends, that's gross.

Meanwhile he had no problem stablishing links with fucking Kenji and that moon dude

The PQ2 website is now returning a 403 Forbidden page, meaning Atlus has directly blocked public access to the site. With all this recent activity, I guess something could really be up!

Edit: add the Persona-Dance website to that list as well.

Top Bottom