• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Collector's Edition announced - 15 Years of Cena

shanafan

oyS97Zm.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k18...cena-nuff-collectors-edition-announcement/???

Video - https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/890561849556586496

The WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition will include the following:

- The WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition video game, featuring:
------ Access to WWE 2K18 Season Pass
------ Playable versions of Batista and Rob Van Dam, two of John Cena's legendary rivals
------ Playable versions of Cena recreating his appearances at ECW One Night Stand 2006 and WrestleMania XXVI
------ Access to the Kurt Angle Pack, which includes two playable versions of The Olympic Hero
- Exclusive premium packaging that includes a unique cover sleeve, which will delight both Cena's fans and his detractors
- An exclusive Mattel action figure featuring John Cena with Cena/Cena Nuff T-shirt options
- A Fanatics limited-edition commemorative plaque that includes a piece of the ring mat from Cena's historic 16th World Title triumph at Royal Rumble 2017, as well as a hand-signed photo from The Cenation Leader himself
- Limited edition WWE SuperCard in-game cards decorated with Cena (Nuff) card backs that feature Cena, Batista and Rob Van Dam

Only 30,000 copies of the WWE 2K18 Cena (Nuff) Edition will be available at participating retails later this year. All copies will be available exclusively for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The suggested retail price for this year's WWE 2K18 Collector's Edition is $149.99.

Preorder at Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Demoskinos

I respect Cena and all but... nah. I'll pass. Might buy the standard version of the game if I like what I hear about it after they do the big reveals around Summer Slam time.

Valkrai

I thought they would have went with Taker since he jist retired, why bother with Cena?

RVD being back in the game is sweet

• Limited Edtion "Same Old Shit"™ John Cena™ DVD chronicling his controversial 15 years with the Sports Entertainment™ conglomerate.

Shauni

RVD is a "legendary rival?" They barely had an angle together because it segued into his second one with Edge.

IronLich

Batista and RVD being in the game is great. Really gets me hyped for the legends side of the roster like it does every year.

shanafan

Why would I want a piece of ring mat? How doe that split into 30000 pieces?

Last year's NXT edition had a piece of mat from a Takeover PPV. It came enclosed in a baseball card size piece of paper (thick card stock), and the ring sample was probably 1" by 1". I have it, it's pretty neat but I only looked at maybe 3 times.

They are still doing this stupid shit of asking you to preorder the standard game or the collector's edition without showing you even a single screenshot of the game. LOL

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
What's so controversial about Cena? I haven't watched wrestling in over a decade but I thought he was always the popular one. Like, obnoxiously popular.

Cena has gotten a pretty mixed reaction at least since he was feuding with CM Punk. Kids still love him, smarks tend to boo him. A common thing in John Cena matches are dueling "lets go Cena"/"Cena Sucks" chants.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Probably end up buying thie game due to Angle returning. My all time fav in the earlier Smackdown titles.

There is definitely an ECW (2006) thing going on with this game. RVD, Kurt Angle ECW and John Cena ECW. Maybe we will see more ECW content?

An invisible Collector's Edition! :p

I'll pass on this. That's way too much money for what they're offering. Of all the wrestlers to choose from to celebrate, they choose Cena.

Rellik

There is definitely an ECW (2006) thing going on with this game. RVD, Kurt Angle ECW and John Cena ECW. Maybe we will see more ECW content?

Maybe they're part of some Cena story mode that includes Cena losing the belt to RVD at ONS.

Sephzilla

Oh man, an edition celebrating the 15 year gradual decline in the product

c49fhgW.gif

I bet there's a secret $200 edition that comes with a map that leads you to the burial site of Wade Barrett's career

What's so controversial about Cena? I haven't watched wrestling in over a decade but I thought he was always the popular one. Like, obnoxiously popular.

Only with kids.

He was essentially a cleaner Hulk Hogan. Wrestled the same match, always won against more popular and better wrestlers, and regularly buried potential up-and-comers (RIP Wade Barrett).

Within the last few years however something or someone lit a fire under his ass and he's been putting on really good matches.

Top Bottom