• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Gathering of the Juggalos infomercial

Bronx-Man

Banned
tumblr_mc88jmWXa71qarcmpo1_500.jpg

Gone but never forgotten.

steveovig

I will give these guys some credit for making an entire career and fanbase out of pretty mediocre music. Lyrically, they've never been good but they are unique and have made decent money doing their thing. Plus, they're no worse than the dozens of generic trap rappers out there.

While I'm no fan of their content, I am more than happy that this lunacy exists. I also believe that they're no fans of right-wing populism, so that's just gravy.

Strike

That time already? I'm just glad it's not happening in my state again.

"Who wants to see of E sized tittles for a dollar?"

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Green Jelly is the only act they booked that I've ever heard of. They used to have a booth at SDCC.

Only place on Earth where Vanilla Ice can still be a headliner.

I actually kinda like the lineup for this festival, not being familiar with most of the artist and just going off the clips.

AlexBasch

I'm sitting in my office just killing time. This is perfect right now.

Someone help me with this, I kinda know that they're redneck, from south US kinda guys, but aren't they actually like...not racist and kinda nice to each other? Maybe I'm mixing things up or something but aside from throwing trash to Andrew W.K. I do recall it's actually a peaceful event.

Maybe I'm fucking up real bad in here, but I do remember reading something like that.

moist

Brotha Lynch is performing. Return of da Baby being performed at the Gathering of Juggalo's should be.... something.

EDIT: Jelly Roll might be the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I thought I made it past the end of the music lineup before I quit. I guess I only watched the first day cause I didn't see P.O.D.

Corpekata

Banned
Everytime I watch the SNL spoofs I think they're so over the top and then the next year rolls around and the new one hits and nope, if anything the SNL spoofs were too subtle.

Slo

I don't understand how this thing makes money. The target audience is un/underemployed social outcasts.

AColdDay

Someone help me with this, I kinda know that they're redneck, from south US kinda guys, but aren't they actually like...not racist and kinda nice to each other? Maybe I'm mixing things up or something but aside from throwing trash to Andrew W.K. I do recall it's actually a peaceful event.

Maybe I'm fucking up real bad in here, but I do remember reading something like that.

Juggalos are generally fine, a lot of them are total idiots but ICP's "message" is pretty clear about being good and condemning things like racism. All of the ones I've met who weren't cool were the guys who made it their whole identity, but you could say that about everyone who takes an interest way too far.

ICP dropped in on an AMA in r/Squaredcircle and seemed actually completely self-deprecating and down to earth. I listened to The Great Milenko with my cousins when I was a teenager and I thought it was hilarious. They were exactly what they said they were, hardcore clown rappers. They rap about killing evil people but they also rap about finding genies and using that power to score with fat chicks. They had a whole song on that album which was them competing on a dating show, that was pretty funny to my teenage sensibilities.

bozeman

Tila Tequila literally had shit hurled at her: http://www.stereogum.com/1768438/juggalos-throw-feces-at-tila-tequila/vg-loc/videogum/

I seem to remember some video footage taken from outside Tila's trailer of ICP and Sugar Slam begging her not to go on because they knew what the crowd had in store for her but she was booked and advertised so she decided to go on anyway, and...

Top Bottom