• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noah Hawley Developing Doctor Doom Movie for Fox

rrc1594

I have to ask, what's the point? It's going to be shit, right?

But Logan was also shit. Actually I'll be fair. It was an OK action film but a shit poor Wolverine film. I don't get the faff over it.

Deadpool was fucking awesome though.

false

JCHandsom

ff10a2.jpg

Penguin

Seems like one angle may take... also looking at a possible spin-off (of what?) that features Sue and Reeds' kids

Fox has been looking to reboot and re-imagine the franchise after the lackluster performance of the 2015 film. Another Fantastic Four movie would just not do, so the studio is looking at various angles. There are rumors that Seth Grahame-Smith is working on a Fantastic Four spin-off featuring Franklin Richards, the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...announced-at-comic-con-by-noah-hawley-1023182

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
After Legion and Fargo, I have faith in this.

Legion is by far my favorite super hero show/movie to come out this year.

ZeroX03

Banned
Fox is very extremely hit and miss with their superhero stuff, but when they hit it's top notch.

It really comes down to them just getting the fuck out of Hawley's way.

Sponge

Banned
Fox has been looking to reboot and re-imagine the franchise after the lackluster performance of the 2015 film. Another Fantastic Four movie would just not do, so the studio is looking at various angles. There are rumors that Seth Grahame-Smith is working on a Fantastic Four spin-off featuring Franklin Richards, the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl.

Now this I don't understand.

Giving him free reign on his "weird" TV shows is a lot different than giving him control over a major franchise film.

Is it really though?

Why?

They've let him spend how many millions on four different seasons of television, all of which have probably made the studio more money in advertising and streaming licensing than any of the Fantastic Four movies have.

Plus I don't know why you're thinking of this as "a major franchise film" when there is no franchise. There's nothing. It's just three dead movies nobody likes.

Asking the guy who made Legion to make Doom (and hopefully it's Books of Doom) seems like it would include letting the guy make his movie.

Sorta like how they did with Tim Miller and James Mangold.

Bobby's right

See!

Fox pretty much left Trank alone for the most part. Until the end, anyways.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Okay, wait a min now

Poppy

meh whatever, at the end you're just going to find out it was a doombot the whole time and not actually dr. doom

meh whatever, at the end you're just going to find out it was a doombot the whole time and not actually dr. doom

yessssss

cause we are millienals

But at the end of the day, it is still Fox

I had to say this in another thread already: You guys know that "Fox" isn't a guy's last name, right? "Fox" isn't a man.

I just wanna make sure you guys realize this.

"Fox" isn't a person. It's a movie studio. Like, there's thousands of people there.

They just released a top five all time superhero film THIS YEAR.

So long as they drop Trankverse Doom.

We might see a slew of Anti-hero movies especially after Deadpool & Suicide Squad's performance at the box office. Black Adam was already announced as well.

Top Bottom