• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

fernoca

Zwei said:
I'm American, and I'm having a tough time deciding between hot European ass with Xenoblade on it or tasty McDonald's.. Decisions, decisions.
Xenoblade. You can sell it later and buy a lot of $.99 menu stuff. ;)

The_Technomancer said:
You're like a twisted version of the Joker who doesn't actually do anything.

Believe me, if I had anything to do with localization decisions at Nintendo, then I would make them even more agonizing and painful for fans.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe that Xenoblade will be released in the USA because of this announced localization. It cannot be cheap, and they need as many avenues as possible to recoup that investment. I'm also willing to bet that a localization of the Last Story depends in how Xenoblade performs.

Bulzeeb

nckillthegrimace said:
Believe me, if I had anything to do with localization decisions at Nintendo, then I would make them even more agonizing and painful for fans.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe that Xenoblade will be released in the USA because of this announced localization. It cannot be cheap, and they need as many avenues as possible to recoup that investment. I'm also willing to bet that a localization of the Last Story depends in how Xenoblade performs.

this, I am quite sure this is going to happen anyways I plan to buy both eventually

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
My dreams have come true... The game of the generation is coming. I've been waiting fir this game for about 10 years... Worst case scenario, I'll import from Europe. :D Give me a freakin' release date Nintendo!!!

dani_dc said:
Hopefully the release is on late June~August so the game doesn't screw me up with college.

Here's gaf thread(and the tutorial) on it, I followed the guide last weekend and the whole process took only a few minutes.

Only a few (and at this point rare) DVD readers can read Wii games. You'll need to homebrew your Wii to rip the game to an HDD/SDHC so you can play it with Dolphin.

That says nothing about using Super Smash Bros. Brawl in order to get region free.

AniHawk

Night_Trekker said:
Uuuuggghhhhh, US release please. I'll buy it for sure.

unlike the last story, this thing's been on the upcoming american release list for the last couple years, and recently too (except as monado: beginning of the world).

nintendo was bitching and moaning about text-heavy rpgs they'd been bringing over to consoles. i think this was one of them, they probably considered zelda another, and i'm guessing they'll bring over the last story and dragon quest x as well (the latter is more of a given, considering recent history, and the former just makes sense due to gaping holes in the lineup).

edit: oh well sillik had a good run.

I would still like an announcement for NA but just like a bunch of people have said, this is essentially as good. There's no way I won't import if somehow there's no NA version. It would almost be Shenmue II all over again.

Finally I prefer Xenoblade to Xenoblade Chronicles

1. Xenoblade
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Monado: Beginning of the World
4. Monado Chronicles

Chances are I will also be going the Dolphin route as I did with DKCR. DKCR came in the mail and I think its seen the Wii's disc drive 2 or 3 times. I may never take it out of the case again.

Shiggy

nckillthegrimace said:
I'm also willing to bet that a localization of the Last Story depends in how Xenoblade performs.

That's like saying that a localisation of The Last Story depends on its performance in Japan.

VindicatorZ said:
FUCK YES!!!!!! Just today I was losing hope. This is actually happening. THIS IS CHRONO BREAK. ITS COMING.

I see it as Bizarro World FFXIII, where they keep everything awesome about FFXII for the followup instead of throwing it away.

sillik

Banned
lol, i'm planning on buying it, as i do with all my games. This will be my first wii game, and since its perfectly playable on pc with a regular controller i don't see any reason to buy the whole console.

Fritz

Going back to the old thread, I cant wait to learn about this lady:
16096.jpg

chaostrophy said:
I see it as Bizarro World FFXIII, where they keep everything awesome about FFXII for the followup instead of throwing it away.

Better than that. This game is on the level of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears from everything I've read and seen. It's my Chrono Break (since that will never happen)

sillik

Banned
Cosmic Schwung said:
How will you rip the game?

i guess you'll need a console for it ? Meh, i'll just educate myself in the dolphin thread.

EDIT: little bit of google-fu learns me there's plenty of software outthere to rip wii games to pc :)

Holy shit. Ho. ly. Shit.

NoE has been on a roll when it comes to certain games. If the US doesn't get this I will be fucking piiiiissed.

Shiggy said:
That's like saying that a localisation of The Last Story depends on its performance in Japan.

But it does... doesn't it? Look at Disaster: Day of Crisis's performance in Europe. Reggie used that as an excuse as to why we never got it.

Cosmic Schwung said:
How will you rip the game?

You don't need to. AFAIK, you can play the disc on your PC.

FoneBone

AniHawk said:
unlike the last story, this thing's been on the upcoming american release list for the last couple years, and recently too (except as monado: beginning of the world).
500th time: that doesn't. mean. shit. see line attack heroes.

How in the blazes did I miss this thread when I went on this morning? Good thing too as otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any work done...

I wonder if this makes up for all the late/missing DSiWare and WiiWare...I'm undecided. All I need now is a region free (3DS and e-shop) announcement and I can find some new criticisms about Nintendo rather than the same old...

Shed_a_Ninja said:
That says nothing about using Super Smash Bros. Brawl in order to get region free.
Second post, the Wiki. This page precisely.

Electivirus said:
I swear to god, if this is an April Fools joke, I'm gonna kick some friggin' babies. @_@
That reminds me, NOE actually released Baten Kaitos on April 1st...

As for playing it on Dolphin. Thing is you have to turn off a lot of the fog and other atmospheric stuff for two reasons:
-Keep the emulator speed up (they slow down the emulator by quite a bit)
-Those effects are standard definition so don't quite work at higher res
Well at I noticed that in comparison shots someone did ages ago (one was Wii capture, other was Dolphin) at least.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Only if you have a specific model of drive. Otherwise ripping instructions lie in the GWHT

Beth Cyra

Gunna have to pick this up.

Don't know if I will run it on Wii staright or finally try to get Dolphin up and running on my pc.

sillik said:
i guess you'll need a console for it ? Meh, i'll just educate myself in the dolphin thread.

EDIT: little bit of google-fu learns me there's plenty of software outthere to rip wii games to pc :)

Just a quick warning; there are only a few disc dives that can read a wii disc and none of them are being made any more. If you have a friend with modded wii then maybe you can rip it on that and transfer the ISO across. It'll be worth it. Games do look so much better on dolphin

Shed_a_Ninja said:

Not the case, unfortunately.

AniHawk

FoneBone said:
500th time: that doesn't. mean. shit. see line attack heroes.

line attack heroes looks like the unlikely one of the two, especially given other information, like creating and registering xenobladechronicles.com five days ago (whereas the line attack heroes website was created three years ago and registered last august).

FoneBone

Dascu said:
Yeah, NoA is listed as the registrar on all the Nintendo UK domains (including nintendo.co.uk itself!) So I can't say that means much, unfortunately.

AniHawk said:
line attack heroes looks like the unlikely one of the two, especially given other information, like creating and registering xenobladechronicles.com five days ago (whereas the line attack heroes website was created three years ago and registered last august).
I'm not saying it's not coming, just that that release list is clearly not a credible source and should stop being treated otherwise.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh the bitter tears that will flow on GAF when NA confirms it will not be localized...the backlash will be glorious.

I'd like to try it myself :mad:

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Brandon F said:
Oh the bitter tears that will flow on GAF when NA confirms it will not be localized...the backlash will be glorious.

I'd like to try it myself :mad:
I will mod my Wii and import it. NoA will not keep me from playing this game.

Beth Cyra

Wait, can Euro software be played if you install the Data from the disk on the Back Up installer like JPN software? For NA Wii's I mean.

epmode

Brandon F said:
What kind of lunatic posts actually posts on GAF but doesn't have a modded system?

Empty

the bits i watched of that field video before switching it off so as not to ruin it impressed me, definitely going to give it a look, hope it comes out in the summer when i have time for a lengthy rpg otherwise i'll have to wait on it.

Shiggy

Shed_a_Ninja said:
But it does... doesn't it? Look at Disaster: Day of Crisis's performance in Europe. Reggie used that as an excuse as to why we never got it.

NoA wasn't happy with Disaster from the beginning. They demanded changes concerning the script and voice acting a year after everything was recorded. In the end, Japan got the original script/recording as that's what Monolith preferred. NoA never released it as they were heading towards casual titles at that time (which meant cancelling various core titles).

Starwolf_UK said:
How in the blazes did I miss this thread when I went on this morning? Good thing too as otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any work done...

I wonder if this makes up for all the late/missing DSiWare and WiiWare...I'm undecided. All I need now is a region free (3DS and e-shop) announcement and I can find some new criticisms about Nintendo rather than the same old...

Second post, the Wiki. This page precisely.

That reminds me, NOE actually released Baten Kaitos on April 1st...

As for playing it on Dolphin. Thing is you have to turn off a lot of the fog and other atmospheric stuff for two reasons:
-Keep the emulator speed up (they slow down the emulator by quite a bit)
-Those effects are standard definition so don't quite work at higher res
Well at I noticed that in comparison shots someone did ages ago (one was Wii capture, other was Dolphin) at least.

Only if you have a specific model of drive. Otherwise ripping instructions lie in the GWHT

Thanks for this. You are a godsend, Star Fox Wolf.

Top Bottom