• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Duane Cunningham
(09-13-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by aadiboy

I think it's a little too late to go "There were mutants the whole time in MCU, we just never talked about them!"

Scarlet Witch has an insane power spike at a climactic moment of a future movie, and dropping to her knees with tear stained cheeks and super-hero chaos happening all around, she whispers...

mutants

Reality bends and breaks and folds onto itself and burns to white, and as we fade back in, Jackman and Fassbender and the rest are there. Wolverine bites down on his cigar and asks Tony "who the hell are you?"

And the credits roll.
Winston1547
(09-13-2017, 11:11 PM)
There's zero chance Fox will give up X-Men. I'd also write off Fantastic Four's chances, at least for now.
Nemesis121
(09-13-2017, 11:14 PM)
Good Luck Marvel..
Fox wants some of the super hero movie money, even the shitty movies make money, why give up that?
zulux21
(09-13-2017, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Winston1547

There's zero chance Fox will give up X-Men. I'd also write off Fantastic Four's chances, at least for now.

give up... yeah probably not

something is clearly going on in the backgrounds though as Marvel's hard ban on xmen characters in their games seems to be stopping.

Marvel Legendary recently got an xmen expansion after the xmen characters started vanishing.

Marvel Puzzle Quest hasn't officially gotten more xmen yet after a few years but all rumors are pointing towards them returning to that.

ect.

so even if they aren't fully going to get the rights back, it seems like they may have come to some sort of an agreement in regards to them
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(09-13-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Why is anyone taking Stan Lee at his word on this?

Thiiiis. Dude is a figurehead at best. He doesn't know what Marvel's doing with the rights to anything.
Azerth
(09-13-2017, 11:17 PM)
Fantastic four i can see but i dont see fox getting rid of xmen.
MugiwaraCole
(09-13-2017, 11:21 PM)
Monthly "fuck Fox and what they've done to the F4 and X-Men" post here.
PixelatedBookake
(09-13-2017, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Why is anyone taking Stan Lee at his word on this?

I think I'd listen to the man who created Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, and those black dot clusters you see in space. Excelsior!
Ernest
(09-13-2017, 11:25 PM)
Wish Marvel would've had Fantastic Four from day-one. They needed to be on the ground floor of the universe, also, they would've been done right.
Mikey Jr.
(09-13-2017, 11:26 PM)
Why marvel signed away their stuff for infinity amount of time makes no fucking sense.

Im assuming it's infinity anyways.
FinalStageBoss
(09-13-2017, 11:30 PM)
Sure Stan, Fox is giving up Xmen any day now.
ChubbyHuggs
(09-13-2017, 11:40 PM)
I'm not sure I can sit through another F4 movie.
Sponge
(09-15-2017, 05:33 AM)
God, I hope they do.

Originally Posted by Dark Ninja

Can Disney trade a human like they did for Oswald.

Disney got super lucky with that deal. A few years later Universal was purchased by Comcast. I guarantee you they would have never sold Oswald after the Minions took off. Illumination would have wanted to use him I'm sure, just like they wanted to use Woody Woodpecker.
Last edited by Sponge; 09-15-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Prototype Viktor
(09-15-2017, 05:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Slayven

I assume they always are, how serious is the effort is the question

Not serious enough they are trying to trade Carol for all of x-men
Heshinsi
"playing" dumb? unpossible
(09-15-2017, 05:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Fancyarcher

This seems more like Lee trying to please an interviewer's question, then him actually knowing if Disney / Marvel has any plans to get back the rights to the X-Men or the Fantastic Four.

I believe Marvel / Disney still have a huge say in the X-Men TV shows, so that may have been a bit different. Also Fox isn't exactly ruining the X-Men universe, the same way Sony was basically on life-support with the Spider-Man franchise. In terms of film, I doubt Fox will make any sort of deal with Marvel, anytime soon.

X-Men 3, the Wolverine: Origins, and X-Men Apocalypse, are far and away worse than any of the Spider-Man movies made by Sony. It isn't even close. Also, there's only one X-Men film that has grossed more than a Spider-Man flick. All the rest grossed quite a bit lower than Amazing Spider-Man 2.
OrangeAtlas
(09-15-2017, 06:14 AM)

Originally Posted by MattKeil

Thiiiis. Dude is a figurehead at best. He doesn't know what Marvel's doing with the rights to anything.

Not that I disagree he probably has no clue in this scenario, he was casually dropping that Marvel was working on a Black Panther movie way before it got announced.

So he knows some stuff.
Affeinvasion
(09-15-2017, 06:14 AM)
Is it weird that I'm more upset that Disney can't do Marvel rides in Florida?
WhiteRabbitEXE
(09-15-2017, 06:17 AM)
They ain't getting X-Men back within the next decade, and I don't mind that at all. It's a bummer that they (probably) won't ever share a world with the rest of Marvel, but Fox has done some pretty great shit with X-Men and I'm fine letting that be. Like, I don't see Disney/Marvel putting out a Logan or Deadpool ever.

Fantastic Four on the other hand, I literally don't know why Fox is clinging onto that. There's gotta be more money in just selling that shit back to Disney/Marvel than trying to atone for Trank's disaster and the mediocrity of the prior two films.
Lautaro
(09-15-2017, 06:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Duane Cunningham

Scarlet Witch has an insane power spike at a climactic moment of a future movie, and dropping to her knees with tear stained cheeks and super-hero chaos happening all around, she whispers...

mutants

Reality bends and breaks and folds onto itself and burns to white, and as we fade back in, Jackman and Fassbender and the rest are there. Wolverine bites down on his cigar and asks Tony "who the hell are you?"

And the credits roll.

I would be a bit dissapointed if they don't use the Infinity Wars movies to pull some timeline/dimension twisting event that brings different worlds together or something.

Yes, I know that's a DC panel.
Jorok Goldblade
(09-15-2017, 06:23 AM)
Fox has an FF project in the works, but I could see a "joint custody" arrangement like Marvel and Sony struck for Spider-Man happening if that flops.

Legion, Deadpool and Logan added ten years to the timeline for X-Men coming back. And that's assuming Fox's upcoming slate fops hard.
Not
(09-15-2017, 06:30 AM)
All the other MCU characters are going to age out before they get to tell any X-Men stories

Except maybe Tom Holland
Mortemis
(09-15-2017, 06:36 AM)
Please, fucking please. Get Fantastic Four back.

Fuck, I want a good one and I want Doom, Galactus, etc in the MCU so bad.

feel free to keep xmen
Bluth54
(09-15-2017, 07:02 AM)
Disney working out deals to buy Fox and Sony movie studios confirmed?
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(09-15-2017, 07:08 AM)
Before I said I like X-Men at Fox, but now after X-Men Apocalypse and Logan it's probably time for them to go back. If they acquired them like say about tomorrow then we wouldn't see an X-Men movie for a few years so the series would get a good break before coming back into the spotlight.

F4 needed to come back like years ago.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(09-15-2017, 07:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Lautaro

I would be a bit dissapointed if they don't use the Infinity Wars movies to pull some timeline/dimension twisting event that brings different worlds together or something.

Yes, I know that's a DC panel.

Why use a DC panel when there is literally the same thing in Marvel (parallel worlds colliding) :p
beyond_death
(09-15-2017, 07:34 AM)
I'd love to see the F4 in the MCU, and not just for the villians. I desperately want to see the F4 gang in that universe. X-Men, I'm not too fussed about.
Jorok Goldblade
(09-15-2017, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by aadiboy

I think it's a little too late to go "There were mutants the whole time in MCU, we just never talked about them!"

They'e a rare sub-species of Inhuman who suddenly grow in numbers. Instead of requiring external terrigen to manifest powers, their bodies produce it during puberty due to an x-gene mutation.

They existed in small numbers before, but suddenly start showing up in mass whenever Marvel starts making mutant movies.

Boom. There you go.
Jason Frost
(09-15-2017, 08:02 AM)
Well, FOX can keep the rights of X-Men to make their movies and tv shows, but Fantastic Four should really go back with Marvel.
Strike
(09-15-2017, 09:35 AM)
Not holding my breath on X-Men, but FF has a good shot since they're 0 for 3 on that front. It just depends on whether or not Fox is willing to shit out another movie to keep the rights.
wetflame
Pizza Dog
(09-15-2017, 09:43 AM)
Everyone keeps going on about bringing Doctor Doom to the MCU. He's a terrible character. Total Mary Sue. Owns his own country, is an incredibly powerful sorcerer, can create incredibly powerful robot versions of himself that are indistinguishable from the real thing... Marvel couldn't have him be the best at everything and still justify him continuing to be defeated by the heroes, so they just made him a good guy instead. And he's the classic "looks good in the comics but stupid in real life" character with his metal mask and big green cape. Doctor Strange looked bad enough, Doctor Doom would just be goofy.
Jangowuzhere
(09-15-2017, 09:45 AM)
Is the Fantastic Four license even worth owning?

I know it's a known brand and all, but I don't see any real passion for it.
MrCunningham
(09-15-2017, 09:51 AM)

Originally Posted by jett

I doubt Stan Lee knows what he's talking about. FF is a possibility, but Fox will never give up the X-mayne

The FF franchise is toxic at this point. No wonder why Fox is rebooting it for kids.

But yeah, good luck with X-Men. Fox gained new interest in the X-Men franchise the moment that they realized that it can make good R-rated fodder out of the properties. Deadpool made nearly $800 million WW, Logan made $600 million WW. They have Deadpool 2 coming out next year, as well as planned X-Force and X-23 movies.
Lautaro
(09-15-2017, 09:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

Why use a DC panel when there is literally the same thing in Marvel (parallel worlds colliding) :p

Not everyone's a comic book expert in this forum. I think I've seen more Marvel movies than Marvel comic books.
Alexander DeLarge
(09-15-2017, 09:57 AM)
Please no. The X-Men movies have been excellent and the Marvel movies have been completely forgettable.
CloudWolf
(09-15-2017, 10:01 AM)
X-Men in MCU is about the worst thing that could happen with that property. Say goodbye to interesting, daring films like Deadpool and Logan.

Originally Posted by Metalmarc

So long as they are kept away from Marvel TV, hooo boy

But

Logan
Deadpool
X2
First Class
Days of The Future Past

Are not bad Movies, Infact Logan & Deadpool are more entertaining than quite a few of the Marvel Movies

I'd add the first X-Men movie as well, great flick. Anyway, I'd actually rate most, if not all, of these above anything the MCU has produced.

I don't really know why GAF seems to hate X-Men at FOX, but they only really have had three or four (depending on your opinion of The Wolverine) duds. The rest are all excellent movies.
Last edited by CloudWolf; 09-15-2017 at 10:06 AM.
SleepingDragon
(09-15-2017, 10:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Jangowuzhere

It's worth it for the villains.
Jumeira
(09-15-2017, 10:07 AM)

Originally Posted by CloudWolf

X-Men in MCU is about the worst thing that could happen with that property. Say goodbye to interesting, daring films like Deadpool and Logan.

Exactly. I can't think of anything worse the. MCU taking on XMen and Iron Man-ing it up. Yuk.
barit
(09-15-2017, 10:57 AM)
F4 back in Marvel's hands would do wonder for this penalized team that never had a real chance to shine. Fantastic Four were one of my first comic books that I read and loved so they will always have a special place in my heart. And the fact that I would choose Human Torch's power over all the other powers found in the Marvel Universe if I could (yeah yeah everyone wants to be Spiderman but not me!).

X-Men I don't care that much. The movies were ok but nothing outstanding with some low points in between (The Wolverine/X-Men: Wolverine Origins.. what?). But Fantastic Four really deserve another try imo.
The Exploder
(09-15-2017, 11:42 AM)

Originally Posted by CloudWolf

I'd add the first X-Men movie as well, great flick. Anyway, I'd actually rate most, if not all, of these above anything the MCU has produced.

I don't really know why GAF seems to hate X-Men at FOX, but they only really have had three or four (depending on your opinion of The Wolverine) duds. The rest are all excellent movies.

Yeah, it would be awesome if they got the fantastic 4 back, but MCU X-Men would be the worst.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(09-15-2017, 11:48 AM)
Fox seems to be 'getting it' with Logan, Deadpool, New Mutants, Cable & Deadpool & X-Force.

FF, though... Marvel NEEDS to get the first family back home.

Originally Posted by Jangowuzhere

Hickman's run is glorious, and needs to be on the big screen (we are already starting w/ Infinity War's Black Order).

We need the FF for their cosmic ties & characters as well as the 'family focused adventurer' vibe that the MCU lacks.
andythinkpad
(09-15-2017, 11:52 AM)
Marvel told you that in order to get a few more cameo shots, Stan.
SkyMasterson
(09-15-2017, 11:52 AM)

Originally Posted by tribal24

Come on before hugh jackman gets older! We need wolverine in the next Phase

It will always bother me(and make me sad) that we never got Hugh Jackman in the Avengers movies.

:(
massoluk
(09-15-2017, 11:55 AM)
Fox can keep X-Men, it's the way they threat FF properties like Galactus and Doom that are serious offence.