• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(09-13-2017, 04:21 AM)
Starting in 2020, Nebraska is only playing on Saturday.

http://www.ketv.com/article/huskers-...-2021/12230598

Iowa is also no longer our permanent end-of-year game
Oozer3993
(09-13-2017, 04:40 AM)
I am so confused. Why is there a week 3? Why is anyone playing after the sport reached its zenith? After 3rd and 93rd, anyone else playing college football can only besmirch the sport. Nobody will ever come close to the perfection that is an 87-yard loss again.
bucknuticus
(09-13-2017, 04:43 AM)
Minnys helmet this saturday

Jhriad
(09-13-2017, 04:54 AM)

Originally Posted by jstevenson

The Five Dollar Broken Bits of Chair Trophy has made it's glorious return. And much like Nebraska's program, it has been purged of Bo Pelini.

Word is Nebraska "lost" the previous one (*cough* it had Bo's picture on it *cough*).

Minnesota appears to be supporting this, as are a Minnesota charity and Team Jack, a charity in Nebraska that has been closely tied to the team (thru Bo originally, lol).

Apparently when Reddit was rebuilding it, they were trying all the honor societies at Neb and no one would take it because the AD doesn't like it.

Best trophy in college football. Glorious.
aronnov reborn
Banned
(09-13-2017, 06:00 AM)
what a disappointing week :(
Limedust
(09-13-2017, 02:21 PM)
Too bad none of the B1G rivalries compare to the Civil conFLiCT!

... seriously, has anyone even seen the trophy since UCF ignored and left it on the field last year after winning?
andycapps
(09-13-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

You...do realize FSU also has a top 3-4 DL in the country...right?

On top of that, FSU has the better secondary and linebackers. Like, it isn't even close, really. If Blackman is merely serviceable, they have a really good chance to win that game.

You're right. Clemson should not even show up because FSU is the LOCK OF THE WEEK!

Originally Posted by bucknuticus

Lol

Thought this story about Baker Mayfield was pretty funny

Behind the Oklahoma bench, there were a group of Buckeye fans that were beyond over-served. I mean these dudes were lubed up. And right at halftime, right as Baker Mayfield’s getting treatment on his lower back, he comes out and these guys are just wearing him out. He finally — right before their first possession when Ohio State goes up 10-3 to start the second half and you’re going “uh-oh” — turns around and goes, “Get ready, I’m about to hand six on you bleeping bleepers”. He leads them right down the field, the score’s tied at 10. He goes straight to the bench, stands up on the bench, and just lets the Buckeye fans behind him that were giving it to Baker... he turns at them and says, “You like that one? I’ve got three or four more of those coming up. Get ready”. - Ian Fitzsimmons on Freddie & Fitz

Mac the KNife
(09-13-2017, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by 2020 schedule

vs. Michigan, Oct. 10
vs. Ohio State, Oct. 17

Originally Posted by 2021 schedule

at Michigan, Oct. 16
vs. Penn State, Oct. 23
at Ohio State, Oct. 30

Man, the Big Ten really hates Michigan State. Seriously who the fuck makes these schedules. The Spartans close with Maryland and Rutgers four out of the next five years. That's just aggressively lazy.

It screams "Golly, you wouldn't hurt little ol' me would you?"
bucknuticus
(09-13-2017, 03:28 PM)
ROLL TIDE YA'LL!

andycapps
(09-13-2017, 04:10 PM)
What's wrong with Ohio State's offense, according to opposing coaches.

In the regulation periods of Ohio State’s past three games against marquee opponents – Michigan, Clemson and Oklahoma – the Buckeyes have what can be considered 34 full offensive possessions. Over that time, Ohio State can claim just one sustained touchdown drive – a seven-play, 44-yard drive against Oklahoma on Saturday night. The Buckeyes have punted 17 times, committed eight turnovers (counting downs) and kicked eight field goals (four makes and four misses).

From talking to people who’ve faced the Buckeyes recently or spent time preparing for them this offseason, they point to a lack of innovation and evolution as the biggest reason why Meyer’s offense is stuck in a rut against high-end competition. Once the paragon of offensive ingenuity, opponents see Ohio State as a step behind.

“There’s not a lot of creativity,” said the coach. “He’s doing a lot of the same things he did at Utah. We thought it would be different [with Kevin Wilson], but it hasn’t been.”

bachikarn
(09-13-2017, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by andycapps

I can never take those things seriously. Didn't he change up the offense quite a bit with Herman? But now he is running the same offense he did at Utah?
Lunar15
(09-13-2017, 04:17 PM)

Interestingly, Meyer's offensive output declined steadily at UF. Even during Tebow's final year we were disgustingly simple with our offense and struggled to reach the endzone. I'd even say the problem started as early as our 2008 championship season (the Old Miss game looks like you could have ripped it from any of the previous 6 years of UF football). The difference was that we had some amazingly talented recruits that made nothing into something on key plays.

Maybe Meyer's just cursed.
Sotha_Sil
(09-13-2017, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Limedust

Too bad none of the B1G rivalries compare to the Civil conFLiCT!

... seriously, has anyone even seen the trophy since UCF ignored and left it on the field last year after winning?

I think UCONN has officially dropped The ConFLiCT.
BertramCooper
Banned
(09-13-2017, 04:27 PM)

Real talk: I fucking love this.
TheLetdown
(09-13-2017, 04:32 PM)

ROLL TIDE YA'LL!

[IMGhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gUhOvBNMpCY/WbktpiD1uVI/AAAAAAAACxI/0j8J4FzZFTs1T9mrQzJ_FGKSX8e8DScGQCL0BGAYYCw/h1334/2aabeaaa-cdd5-498d-8285-9eb48dd16e4f[/IMG]

Edit the OT title immediately to:

"Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance"
Latvian Hitman
(09-13-2017, 04:36 PM)

I don't know. I think people are overreacting to an extent. Clemson and Michigan were stupid-good defenses last year. Oklahoma may well have turned the corner defensively this year- time will tell. The real issue is Barrett. When your QB isn't consistently accurate in the passing game, good defenses are going to make you look pretty "uncreative" on offense. Their offensive line isn't exactly a team strength, either.
Hippopuncher12
(09-13-2017, 04:48 PM)
I think OSU's O-line is fine, and will get better as the season progresses. They have 2 problems that seem to always happen when they are in a close game. 1, they rely far too much on J.T. running the ball. I mean Dobby and Weber had less carries combined than J.T. had against OU....dumb. Same shit has happened basically every loss, except Clemson we just got our shit pushed in on that one. 2. Our WR's never get open. It's like they just run straight lines, and never try to get separation, and it's damn infuriating. I guess a 3rd thing is J.T. just isn't accurate, but he really never has been. Secondary is not great right now either, but I think they will also improve as the season goes on.
Latvian Hitman
(09-13-2017, 05:05 PM)
I would just urge OSU fans to walk back from the ledge. You've lost 7 games in the last 6 years. Take a deep breath. You're going to be alright.
MugiwaraCole
(09-13-2017, 05:10 PM)
Ohio State has problems, but geez, some of these reactions.

ROLL TIDE YA'LL!

I once read a comment from a Bama fan that thought Jalen's perpetually "I'm so whelmed" aura is a result of him being mentally slow, which is proof he's in over his head at QB.

At the end of the day, these people do live in Alabama. *sigh*

You're right. Clemson should not even show up because FSU is the LOCK OF THE WEEK!

Odd jump to make lol (BOOK IT THO)
ryseing
(09-13-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by TheLetdown

Edit the OT title immediately to:

"Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance"

I don't have that power but if a mod can do so I am perfectly fine with it.
bucknuticus
(09-13-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

I like them too, Minny has a really endearing mascot.
FloydtheFathead
(09-13-2017, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by BertramCooper

I like them too, Minny has a really endearing mascot.

Slo
Call 911!
(09-13-2017, 05:49 PM)

I keep telling people that we're the Oregon of the Midwest!
KodaRuss
(09-13-2017, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

We're going to lose by 30 to USC, and our defense will look confused in the process. Darnold is going to have a field day with our clueless corners and safeties.

We'll see, I just want to be competitive, these road loses are starting to look beyond ridiculous. Losing by 30+ is definitely possible.

If Herman is the coach we think/thought he is that won't happen but who knows, 3 years from now we might be looking for the next coach. Ugh
MugiwaraCole
(09-13-2017, 06:27 PM)
Meltdown Pt. 2!!!!!!
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(09-13-2017, 06:38 PM)
maybe by asking for questions now, 9-10 hours before recording, we'll get some.

Any questions for the podcast?

Also see that our newest Vol fan, LionPride, is banned.
Squirrel Killer
(09-13-2017, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Lonestar

Since neither Iowa nor Iowa State is going to risk scheduling another P5 team other than each other, should they keep the rivalry or drop it to schedule an out of state P5 closer to their level to help recruiting?
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(09-13-2017, 07:01 PM)
https://twitter.com/JoaqSanch/status/907286388248367104

Joaquin Sanchez‏ @JoaqSanch

Oh really? 🤔

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJdUJ84UMAAdJ0h.jpg

9:55 AM - 11 Sep 2017

cdyhybrid
(09-13-2017, 07:04 PM)

How is Alabama handling the transition to living in another country for their backup QB?
ryseing
(09-13-2017, 07:06 PM)

Meltdown Pt. 2!!!!!!

Hey guys, grow a set and understand that this was probably a fraudulent letter written by someone not affiliated with Texas A&M nor a fan of Texas A&M. You don't need to state the obvious, it shows a defensive posture that is unbecoming. You don't need to pander to race hustlers.

Bros, this letter was sent from a sip or a BLM supporter. Now the white people chime in with all their guilt and self professed love for humanity...

Mmmk. Sure.
Cyan
Banned
(09-13-2017, 07:09 PM)
Breaking news, I've just heard that in response to the NCAA's investigation into adfklajssomethingsomething, Cal is punishing itself by voluntarily vacating all its losses.
Lonestar
(09-13-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

How is Alabama handling the transition to living in another country for their backup QB?

perfectchaos007
(09-13-2017, 07:36 PM)
Looks like Rockytop won't be in this thread unless jjasper comes back. The mods sent Lionpride on vacation, hopefully not permanent
Lonestar
(09-13-2017, 07:39 PM)
my guess was this xxxtentacion thing
Ganhyun
(09-13-2017, 07:55 PM)

my guess was this xxxtentacion thing

same.
ryseing
(09-13-2017, 07:57 PM)
Thanks mods for the title change.
andycapps
(09-13-2017, 08:07 PM)

Odd jump to make lol (BOOK IT THO)

I mean when they do play.
Randolph Freelander
(09-13-2017, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyan

Breaking news, I've just heard that in response to the NCAA's investigation into adfklajssomethingsomething, Cal is punishing itself by voluntarily vacating all its losses.

This is the courage that college athletics has long been missing.
bucknuticus
(09-13-2017, 08:28 PM)
This weeks game poster

cdyhybrid
(09-13-2017, 08:31 PM)
I can only applaud vacating losses.

Well done, USC.
Pattycakes
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:33 PM)
I can't wait til SEC player starts for Alabama.

Also this week is weak on games
timetokill
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:35 PM)
Time for us to defend our undefeated streak against Texas this week!
Hippopuncher12
(09-13-2017, 08:39 PM)

This weeks game poster

I like it. Still boggles my mind this is the first match up we have ever had with Army. Well we have only played AF once so I guess it's not that surprising.
Pattycakes
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:46 PM)
Ryseing it's criminal you didn't post an image of the OT thread title reference. That post is absolutely hilarious.
Randolph Freelander
(09-13-2017, 08:47 PM)
Timely reminder that it is especially un-American to pull for Ohio State this week.

Go Army.
Alligatorjandro
Banned
(09-13-2017, 08:53 PM)
Go Gators
perfectchaos007
(09-13-2017, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by timetokill

Time for us to defend our undefeated streak against Texas this week!

It's weird that USC was told to vacate their losses, but Texas wasn't told to vacate their wins. We will forever have differing records and they'll both be correct per the NCAA lmao
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(09-13-2017, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

Looks like Rockytop won't be in this thread unless jjasper comes back. The mods sent Lionpride on vacation, hopefully not permanent

I'll continue to pop in from time to time, I just haven't participated as much this season because I was working two out of the last three Saturdays. Speaking of, I also work this Saturday which is a huge bummer.

Win or lose, Gata week is the pinnacle of the Tennessee season. Hate to miss it live.
perfectchaos007
(09-13-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

I'll continue to pop in from time to time, I just haven't participated as much this season because I was working two out of the last three Saturdays. Speaking of, I also work this Saturday which is a huge bummer.

Win or lose, Gata week is the pinnacle of the Tennessee season. Hate to miss it live.

So Tennessee's top rival is Florida
Alabamas top rival is Tennessee
Florida's top rival is Georgia?
ryseing
(09-13-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Pattycakes

Ryseing it's criminal you didn't post an image of the OT thread title reference. That post is absolutely hilarious.

I'm doing schoolwork and checking this thread every ~2 hours or so. Doing my best.