• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Eppy Thatcher
God's had his chance.
(09-13-2017, 11:05 PM)
Perlman was great and captured the wonder and mystical gooeyness of the comics along with the vibrant other worldly almost child like aspect of the character and the look.

which is awesome.

Now it looks more like we've got the "This is the guy people in the streets are scared of" version. The Anung un Rama, unseat the earth and summon the end times fuck yo shit HellBoy.

I've been re-reading a lot of BPRD and Hellboy from right after when he quit and went walk about to figure all sorts of stuff out about himself and the world he's been trying to save and I really hope the meloncholy, Grimm, ghostly and ancient feeling you get from a lot of those stories comes out. Conqueror Worm is a bombastic DelToro fun time. The Golden Army started to cross the streams. Time for the 3rd one to step firmly into why a world where the devil, cthulu, Rasputin AND legit First Golden Men are all cannon is actually a terrifying place. But also still magical. But also dangerous. but also pretty...

Lets go.
JCHandsom
That's a Hellboy. Looks great!
Dalek

Originally Posted by Dessart

And Daniel Dae Kim confirmed he's in.

This is going to rock.
More_Badass
(09-13-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Sojgat

I need to see it in motion, but I think I already prefer this to Pearlman's version visually. Harbour looks fucking scary here.

He looks like a demon that decided to live among humans, rather than a charming loveable red guy
Bobby Roberts
Banned

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

Hm, I'm not seeing it, am I looking at the right picture, the one with the coat?

You don't think the one with the coat doesn't look a fair amount apart from the full color one in the OP?

Like, side-by-side, those two images don't seem fairly different to you?
Mahonay

Originally Posted by Cooter

Ok, that makes more sense. Hard to tell nowadays with so much money and drugs running through Hollywood

Lol yeah. Not unusual for actors now to admit they take HGH to get massive for these movies.
Gridlock
(09-13-2017, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Sesha

Yup, that's Hellboy.

My first thought
a916
Hot damn that looks good, I'm in! (I was in before...)
Raptor
Banned

Originally Posted by Anung

I would not object to Winona playing Kate Corrigan.

Awesome
Awesome tag you got man.
Platy
(09-13-2017, 11:08 PM)
I don't believe there are people who thinks this version looks the same as Perlman's !

This one has nipples!
WarRock
(09-13-2017, 11:09 PM)
Man, can't wait to see the other characters now, this art direction is really interesting. Would love to see some Mignola wolves/werewolves adapted like this.
Jesus Carbomb
From Water into Guinness

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

From Harbour's twitter.

Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Raptor
Banned

Originally Posted by Platy

I don't believe there are people who thinks this version looks the same as Perlman's !

This one has nipples!

Now that you mention that damn.

Maximo
(09-13-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Cooter

Ok, that makes more sense. Hard to tell nowadays with so much money and drugs running through Hollywood

Didn't Tomy Hardy admit he fucked his body up alittle from Bane?
mjc
(09-13-2017, 11:10 PM)
The black and white pic shows more depth in his face, makes him look a bit more demonic for sure.
Fusion Pizza
(09-13-2017, 11:12 PM)
How does he sound though? Perlman's voice really added alot to his portrayal of Hellboy
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Raptor

Wow, Harbour's Hellboy is huge compared to Perlman. I always remembered Perlman as lookin' pretty big in the role so this pic is kinda jarring.
fallengorn
Bitches love smiley faces
(09-13-2017, 11:15 PM)
Now I want to see Hellboy in Stranger Things 3. He will fuck shit up.
mjc

Originally Posted by Fusion Pizza

How does he sound though? Perlman's voice really added alot to his portrayal of Hellboy

Harbour has a decent voice, at least from what I've seen of him so far. It's hard to imitate/replicate Perlman's voice for obvious reasons.
fauxtrot
Banned

Originally Posted by Jesus Carbomb

Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way

Damnit, I came here to make the same joke... only I was going to go with "MOTHER.
Tell your children not to hold my RIGHT HAND OF DOOM."
wandering
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:16 PM)

He actually kind of sounds like a younger Perlman.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(09-13-2017, 11:16 PM)

I think Harbour has that in the bag already. Before Stranger Things he always popped up in movies as tough guys/goons. I rewatched The Equalizer last week and he's in that as a dirty cop in Boston.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

You don't think the one with the coat doesn't look a fair amount apart from the full color one in the OP?

The face seems to be different from the color one.
Mahonay
(09-13-2017, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by fallengorn

Now I want to see Hellboy in Stranger Things 3. He will fuck shit up.

Look kids, I'm very familiar with "The Upsidedown"
Graphics Horse
graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does
(09-13-2017, 11:19 PM)

If you mean the color one has been lit specially for a photo and probably tweaked in photoshop then yeah, but that's to be expected even with actors not wearing any prosthetics. I mean I assume he still has some ability to articulate his face under that.
SketchTheArtist

Perlman's version looks like a Disney character next to the new one.
Smellycat
Looks like Perlman, which makes me wonder why they didn't get him back.. unless he didn't want to.

Edit: pics comparison says otherwise lol
playoverwork
That's pretty cool, but echoing the extreme similarities to Perlman as somewhat a negative.

I was specifically hoping for a bit of a different take in the form of some extremely tall, lean muscularity, with an even more pronounced and devillish looking goatee to go with the bald head. But I get there are some who would probably argue, passionately, that it wouldn't be Hellboy without the raw mass.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by SketchTheArtist

Seeing that photo and the photo of Harbour makes me feel like a dumbass now.
Fusion Pizza
(09-13-2017, 11:20 PM)
Oh damn, didn't recognize the name but he's the sheriff from Stranger Things, great fit. Hope the new movie is good, Hellboy is one of the few comic movies I like.
BobTheFork
(09-13-2017, 11:21 PM)

It worked so much better with his coat on.
7Th
Harunobu Madarame
is my hero
(09-13-2017, 11:22 PM)
The hair looks kinda old-school.
gabbo
(09-13-2017, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Smellycat

Looks like Perlman, which makes me wonder why they didn't get him back.. unless he didn't want to.

Edit: pics comparison says otherwise lol

Pretty sure he was out when del Toro was out
Rydeen
(09-13-2017, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Smellycat

Once Guillermo was out, Ron was out. I don't think Perlman was even interested without Del Toro.

EDIT: Beaten
IdreamofHIME

Uncanny
Bobby Roberts
Banned

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

If you mean the color one has been lit specially for a photo

The other one hasn't?
Either way, are you agreeing with me now?
Raptor
Banned

Yeah, looks too safe, the new one looks demonic with scars all over and long hair, the horns are bigger too making his forehead kinda deformed.
Fury451
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:26 PM)
Yep, he'll do.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:26 PM)

Yeah, looks too safe, the new one looks demonic with scars all over and long hair, the horns are bigger too making his forehead kinda deformed.

They did say that this movie will be rate R. I wonder if that had any influence.
fauxtrot
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:27 PM)
I still think they should try to get Ron Perlman to come back and play Roger... he would be awesome in that role.
GuitarAtomik
(09-13-2017, 11:28 PM)

Mostly in the brow. Could be lighting, or perhaps the prosthetic has a lot of play for expressions. Kind of looks like the b&w pic has chest hair too that I can't see in the color one but could be a trick of the lighting again.
Cosmic Schwung
(09-13-2017, 11:28 PM)
If anything, he actually looks a bit too scary to me. One of the things I found funny from the comics was how blasť everybody was whenever he showed up. If I met this Hellboy I'd be pissing myself.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:29 PM)
Curious to see how they're going to handle the visual effects in this film. I assume the budget isn't very big, what with the R rating and all.
More_Badass
(09-13-2017, 11:30 PM)

Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth II

Curious to see how they're going to handle the visual effects in this film. I assume the budget isn't very big, what with the R rating and all.

Is that even a concern? R rated movies have been huge the last few years.
Nightwing123
(09-13-2017, 11:30 PM)

Originally Posted by JdFoX187

This just popped up on the official Hellboy Facebook page.

Send me to hell if old, etc.

He looks awesome but he does look at lot more menacing than the last Hellboy.
Darth Pinche
(09-13-2017, 11:31 PM)

Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth II

Wow, Harbour's Hellboy is huge compared to Perlman. I always remembered Perlman as lookin' pretty big in the role so this pic is kinda jarring.

I just rewatched The Golden Army and was struck by how "small" relatively Perlman looked. My perspective has been skewed by the size of the Marvel guys.

I am now all in on Harbour as Hellboy.
UnemployedVillain
(09-13-2017, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Cosmic Schwung

If anything, he actually looks a bit too scary to me. One of the things I found funny from the comics was how blasť everybody was whenever he showed up. If I met this Hellboy I'd be pissing myself.

People treated him that way because they were use to seeing him, not because he didn't look demonic. There's nothing wrong with his appearance. He's suppose to look intimidating despite his super friendly/relaxed nature
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(09-13-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Is that even a concern? R rated movies have been huge the last few years.

No, not a concern. It's directed by Neil Marshall who is good at working with low budgets and making them look not so low budget. Really just curiosity on my end.
Glazed
(09-13-2017, 11:35 PM)
awesome
Graphics Horse
graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does
(09-13-2017, 11:36 PM)

The other one hasn't?
Either way, are you agreeing with me now?

I was always agreeing with you, I just thought you had a funny way of saying it. First one is like a 'glamour' photo.
Looking again the nose looks kinda different.