• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

"General Hux, we have received disturbing reports of the Supreme Leader parading around in a blue wig. The gold dressing gown was bad enough but this is unacceptable."

lQK2tsN.gif

like we're at "has become an in-joke on the Star Wars Show" levels of need right now

Surfinn

Without a doubt. The raw imagry along with the music swelling was way more exciting than,

"It's true, all of it."

Like, you're not that old Han that nothing that happened in the OT couldn't be verified.

I'm gunna settle with you for

"they're both great"

The official trailer is absolutely the best trailer ever made

I watched them both like a billion times

I haven't forgotten. It's no doubt an incredible teaser. But the official trailer was the best hype for the movie they did IMO.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Without a doubt. The raw imagry along with the music swelling was way more exciting than,

"It's true, all of it."

Like, you're not that old Han that nothing that happened in the OT couldn't be verified.

whose mans is this!?

Toa TAK

Banned
Muh man.
I'm gunna settle with you for

"they're both great"

The official trailer is absolutely the best trailer ever made

I watched them both like a billion times

Eh. It was boring and by the numbers as far as trailers go. The usual beats are there, and that's why I generally like teasers and such better. Usually they try something different or play with visuals. They tease, if you will and it certainly gets the mind moving and more interested.

Surfinn

Muh man.

Eh. It was boring and by the numbers as far as trailers go. The usual beats are there, and that's why I generally like teasers and such better. Usually they try something different or play with visuals. They tease, if you will and it certainly gets the mind moving and more interested.

I'll fucking fight you

They're both great in different ways. TFA official trailer is the best conventional trailer you could possibly ask for though. It does "by the numbers" perfectly

Surfinn

You know

The fact that you can legitimately argue that any of the teasers and trailers are the best..

Goes to show how fucking great of a job the marketing team did

Though I expect the official TLJ trailer to blow the teaser out of the water.

Surfinn

I will concede that the music in teaser 2 is by far the best

Cuz it's JW

The trailer music is still great but not traditional JW score

But the music in Teaser #1 is like *actual* JW and not trailer-house-approximation JW like all of the other teasers and trailers we've gotten since then

Toa TAK

Banned
I can buy it.

Mainly because we know that it wasn't JW who did the music for TLJ trailer. So I'm gonna (foolishly) assume that it also wan't JW who did that variation for TFA's 2nd trailer.

EDIT: Man, I thought NeoGAF did intense detective work.

Surfinn

I'm reading through that thread and they claim to have images of JW's "two pieces" of sheet music that he wrote for teaser 2.

Thread claims that those pieces were edited and used in teaser 2 even without his knowledge

EDIT: some people are saying the sheet music is fake?

The consensus is that nobody has any fucking idea.

"This is very complicated"

Yeah, JWFan is another level compared to our nerdery

Like I feel weird even lurking there

fake edit: I like the take that Teaser 2's music is just tracks from the OT but tempo-shifted and synth-layered

TFA Trailer > The Last Jedi Teaser > TFA Teaser 2 > TFA Teaser 1.

tenor.gif

Though it's probably not as adrenalin-pumping as TFA's teasers, the music and the editing in TLJ's teaser is excellent. Luke's line at the end is brilliant as well. There I was expecting "it's time for the Jedi...to rise" and it flips it on its head. How the music swells when the logo appears too...so good.

Einchy

Surfinn

YES

FUCK

BRING HIM BACK LF

That doesn't mean the score is finished though right? Doesn't the director usually work on that too?

Last Jedi's was good but it wasn't as hype as TFA's since the big hook was Luke's line at the end and not all the cool returning stuff from the TFA teasers and trailer. I hope the trailer has some hype shit in it.

[edit]

Guy on Reddit redesigned the Dreadnought.
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/71mdp5/my_redesigned_first_order_dreadnought/

Usually fan-edits are shit but this one is actually wayyyy better.

Lol shit. Color me surprised it's actually better

Einchy

The principal shooting did finish back in July 2016, so they've been in post for a really long time.

They should dump a truck of money so he helps with 9's script.

Top Bottom