• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favourite recent PS4 games?

Didn't like Horizon Zero Dawn after ten hours or so...in which case my most recent favourite would be

Yakuza 0

Besides that I'd say Batman: Arkham Knight is easily my favourite

Blindy

Horizon Zero Dawn, NiOh & Persona 5 for me if we're going recent. Gravity Rush 2 had it's moments too, not on the level of those 3 though.

Yakuza 0 if it counts (The game is really from 2015.) and if not, Nier: Automata, though it did take two full playthroughs for me to fully appreciate the game.

HvySky

NieR Automata. I finished it recently and can't stop thinking about it. My personal GOTY thus far and I could see it going down as an all-time favorite.

Games I've finished
Resident Evil 7
Nioh
Horizon
Persona 5
Metro 2033/Last Light Redux (not recent but just played for the first time)

Games I'm still in the process of playing
Nier Automata
Prey
Alien Isolation (again not recent but currently playing it for the first time)

Games I've bought but have yet to play
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Night in the Woods
Little Nightmares
What Remains of Edith Finch
Nex Machina

Game I played 10 hours of and stopped because it sucked
Mass Effect Andromeda

Mass Effect aside I've enjoyed every new game I've played this year. 2017 is incredible

Edit: oh yeah I also recently played that pile of garbage Dear Esther. I finished it but didn't enjoy it, and I've liked other walking sims

Capra

Finished
Resident Evil 7
Nioh
NieR: Automata
Persona 5

Playing
Yakuza 0

This year has been crazy for PS4 games so far. I'm loving Yakuza right now, and after this I still have to find time to play Kingdom Hearts, Gravity Rush, and possibly Horizon. GOTY is going to be a hard decision this year - Resi7, NieR, and Persona have each blown me away for different reasons and choosing a favorite feels impossible right now.

Zyrox

Practically everything I've played this year so far has all been really great.

Nier Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Persona 5
Tekken 7
For Honor

Really enjoyed all of these. If I had to pick just one it'd be Persona 5.

Top Bottom