• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

Blues1990

Do the recolors give new challenges/equipment?
I'll skip them otherwise.

From what I can tell, they seem to offer the same Single Player Challenges from the previous release. I'm down to pick up the Squid Sisters & the Dark Skin Boy Inkling, but I'm a bit bummed that the recolours don't have new poses, along with wielding the charger and Roller weapons.

Neiteio

I feel violent when people say they prefer Callie. TRIGGERED.

So I see there are new songs added, but can you only listen to them in the amiibo corner of the plaza?

Also, what's this about new dance moves? When/where/how do we see/use those?

Man, I want those amiibo now! Going to put them on either side of my TV's soundbar so that when people come over they ask, "Neiteio, what are those creepy lil' squid girls in your media center," and I'll tell them, "Pray tell, have you heard the good news about Splatoon?"

From what I can tell, they seem to offer the same Single Player Challenges from the previous release. I'm down to pick up the Squid Sisters & the Dark Skin Boy Inkling, but I'm a bit bummed that the recolours don't have new poses, along with wielding the charger and Roller weapons.

I'm guessing it's just if people who go into splatoon by then want variety in colors.

Zapfish would make a great plushie and I don't know why they haven't done it.

Saving it for game prizes at Universal Studios.

Simple recolors are a lot easier, when Splatoon 2 hits we will probably get new amiibo with new weapons.

Neiteio

Now that the Squid Sisters are coming (and a black Inkling — nice!), here are the Wave 3 characters we need:

- Crusty Sean
- Anne and Moe
- Spyke
- Capt'n Cuttlefish
- DJ Ocatavio

I'm whatever on Jolenzo and Sheldon. The former looks too much like a regular ol' jellyfish, and the latter gives me Minion vibes.

Crusty Sean and Anne are such strong designs, though. Prioritize them next!

EDIT: OH HOW COULD I FORGET THE OCTOLINGS

(and Judd, I guess)

Blues1990

I feel violent when people say they prefer Callie. TRIGGERED.

So I see there are new songs added, but can you only listen to them in the amiibo corner of the plaza?

Also, what's this about new dance moves? When/where/how do we see/use those?

Man, I want those amiibo now! Going to put them on either side of my TV's soundbar so that when people come over they ask, "Neiteio, what are those creepy lil' squid girls in your media center," and I'll tell them, "Pray tell, have you heard the good news about Splatoon?"

Is it wrong to say I don't have a preference, but I like them equally and they are cool in their own right?

I also like when you have one of the Squid Sisters doing a solo performance, the other will sit down and watch. Such a cute detail.

I'm guessing it's just if people who go into Splatoon by then want variety in colors.

That seems reasonable, but hasn't the original triple-pack/single releases of the Inklings been widely available?

-shadow-

Come now. They have slowed down. They used to come monthly.
Not talking about the Smash line which we all knew was going to be large with at least 50. But I mean the amount of series and amiibo in that. Super Mario, Animal Crossing, Chibi-Robo, Kirby, Splatoon and lets not forget the ridiclous amount of Animal Crossing Cards. They all do different things, aren't all compatible with all games and it's a confusing mess if you don't know what you're getting into.

Please get help http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

Forgive them for they know not what they do.

WVW69jJ7w4gf-U9qV4

If i stop i won't have gear like this. There is no stopping anymore.

Neiteio

Are there any nice high-res images of the amiibo? Someone post them, please!

Is it wrong to say I don't have a preference, but I like them equally and they are cool in their own right?

I also like when you have one of the Squid Sisters doing a solo performance, the other will sit down and watch. Such a cute detail.
(I actually like them both, too, but this is the Internet. Everything must be a confrontation. WITH US OR AGAINST US!)

Nanashrew

Banned

Hey now! Stop that! You gotta choose your team in GAFfest.

I've held off on getting the boy amiibo for some time. Now I'm glad I waited. I wish I could just get Marie separately in NA. I have to have those two.

JoeM86

Not talking about the Smash line which we all knew was going to be large with at least 50. But I mean the amount of series and amiibo in that. Super Mario, Animal Crossing, Chibi-Robo, Kirby, Splatoon and lets not forget the ridiclous amount of Animal Crossing Cards. They all do different things, aren't all compatible with all games and it's a confusing mess if you don't know what you're getting into.

So you want them to stop a profitable arm? You're exaggerating the issue considerably.

...Isn't that negative brand bias against ink saver sub? Don't even want to imagine how long that took to happen.

Yes, yes it is. And it took 2 months from when I first got the double to the day before when i finally got the 3rd sub. But I wasn't doing it daily xD

Blues1990

Simple recolors are a lot easier, when Splatoon 2 hits we will probably get new amiibo with new weapons.

Good point, as I keep forgetting that a sequel for Splatoon will be inevitable. I'll hold out then for some new Inkling Amiibo to fill my team.

(I actually like them both, too, but this is the Internet. Everything must be a confrontation. WITH US OR AGAINST US!)

Hey now! Stop that! You gotta choose your team in GAFfest.

Fuck this, I'm moving to Canada!

...I live here already.

But seriously, I'm the type of fella that's pretty easy going. You guys can do whatever you want, while I go and chill with the chubby kitty.

tumblr_inline_npqlx1EfP51tnqhyq_500.gif

Neiteio

I like how they have the ink splashing up. They did the same for the green squid amiibo and it looks super-cool in person. Very nicely sculpted!

So which songs are new, which ones aren't?

Also, I thought there already was a jukebox in the game, but come to think of it, I think that's something I unlocked through one of the amiibo.

Neiteio

Only the last one is new, which is a solo performance, but they've imported the dance animations each song used in the live concerts.
So let me get this straight:

Each Squid Sister amiibo has a different set of songs. Each Squid Sister has one new song, in the form of a solo. And for all six songs, on each Squid Sister amiibo, they have their corresponding dance moves from the real-life concerts.

I still don't get how the in-game concerts work, though. From the looks of the video, you scan in an amiibo and pick a song, and then it turns to night and looks like Splatfest and the one Squid Sister performs the song with the dance moves while the other Squid Sister listens with various idle animations?

Is that how it works? If so, I can dig it!

Neiteio

I'm probably the only one who wants this, but gimme the Octo Troopers:

toqng.png

I love those guys (except during the DJ Octavio battle, where they are the bane of my existence)

atr0cious

Wow, gotta get that dark skin squid, thats amazing. Will also pick up the sister set. Does Bayonetta's come out then as well?

convo

Marie's solo song i like a whole lot. I didn't know there were more concerts but this is great support for the franchise.

Neiteio

Nintendo should drop the amiibo spirit bomb and release Callie, Marie, Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo... all on the same day

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Did anyone else notice that the Splatoon concert NCL uploaded has an English title and an English description?

So, I'm not the only one getting a non-Japanese title and description.
And, since I'm in Italy, I get the Italian title and description.

IP address / geo-localisation shenanigans?

Amazing!

Also, the first black amiibo! That certainly took a while, but glad to see it finally happening.

More Splatoon amiibo pls!

Top Bottom