• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Suddenly, i'm fucking pumped for Apple Music.

Thanks guys! I thought this was going to launch in US/UK at first, rest of the world later.
Got my Sennheisers on, ready to do this.

jts

...hate me...
My UE Boom is ready.

It's been fun, pre-Apple Music world.

By the way, shouldn't the updates starting to be pushed by now?

jts

...hate me...
I thought it was iOS 8.4 and iTunes update (both of which enable Apple Music) 1 hour before Apple Music's launch.

Maybe I'm just confused, sry.

Looking at the new T&C

kCyWTWG.png

Region locking?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I thought it was iOS 8.4 and iTunes update (both of which enable Apple Music) 1 hour before Apple Music's launch.

Maybe I'm just confused, sry.

AFAIK, the launch is at 18:00 CET.

Mononoke

Banned
Suddenly, i'm fucking pumped for Apple Music.

Thanks guys! I thought this was going to launch in US/UK at first, rest of the world later.
Got my Sennheisers on, ready to do this.

What kind are you rocking?

I have HD-700/600 currently. I've also been using Shure SE-535 for IEM / JVC HA-FX850

Mononoke

Banned
I wanted to try this but I just did the jailbreak for 8.3.

Yeah, same here. I can't use this on my phone, so my spotify stays. BUT...you can still try it on your PC/Mac or other devices. I never got around to jailbreaking my iPad Air 2. So I'll try it out on there + my PC.

Hedrush

I wanted to try this but I just did the jailbreak for 8.3.

I'm on 8.1.2 jailbreak. I held off 8.3 as the latest 8.4 beta is jailbreakable with the latest jailbreak software.

ETA that you need to make some complex hex edits but it is jailbreakable.

What do people Jailbreak for nowadays? I understood it when basic copy/paste was not part of the OS, but what are the biggies people want now?

Hoo-doo

Banned
What do people Jailbreak for nowadays? I understood it when basic copy/paste was not part of the OS, but what are the biggies people want now?

Yeah, I was about to ask the same question.

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS once, wasn't even worth it. Most apps are like, a buck.
Haven't heard of anyone still doing that clumsy-ass shit.

Mononoke

Banned

There are still a lot of tweaks missing from the new OS. Here is what my phone looks like jailbroken:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UtoddqQ.png[/IMG]

Outside of the triforce being tacky, I think that looks clean/minimal. So jailbreaking really gives you a lot of tools to customize how your phone looks. And on top of that, there is a loooooong list of tweaks w/ regards to performance that also make jailbreaking a must.

Hilariously, I did it on my phone for the Scrobbled tweak. It even scrobbles Google Play and Pandora! So I'm definitely hanging onto that. Will try Apple Music on my iPad.

Hedrush

I like my themes and I use alot of different tweaks. Things like springtomize, auxo 3, gifviewer and barrel to name a few.

Over the years Apple has updated ios with various tweaks you could only do jailbroken, like custom keyboards for example. I think it was In ios 8.0 that Apple finally allowed them in the app store. There's now swiftkey, swype, popkey and a lot more different keyboards to choose from. Notification center was another jailbreak tweak that Apple eventually implemented into iOS. So yeah, it's improved over the years but there's still a lot that Apple can learn from the jailbreak community.

blackflag

Anything I need to do ahead of time or do we just wait?

I'm pretty firmly entrenched in Spotify but I'm willing to give this a try for free.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is the 3 month trial three months from launch our 3 months from when each individual user starts using Apple Music?

Top Bottom