• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are bidets not the standard for toilets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate toilet paper. Why don't toilets come equipped with bidets in America as a standard??? Why are we still wiping our butts with paper like savages?

hand-hel water spray is the way to go

i still have no idea how use a bidet..

While this is true, I don't want to have to move from the toilet to the shower to clean my butt

Call me crazy

umm we are talking talking about this:
51YRil4nE5L._SL1000_.jpg

My apartment doesn't have a bidet cause we're freaking poor so every time my wife and I stop at Don Quijote and use their bathrooms it's like we've won the freaking lottery. Bidets are like transcending into Heaven. Don't know how we'll manage once we're back in the US.

Because bidets are disgusting. Lets spray all the shit around with water, that surely cant go wrong.

... The answer is much less than people's seeming inability to use toilet paper properly.

My $20 bidet attachment has been magic. Every time a one wipe. Saves on toilet paper and never been cleaner.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My apartment doesn't have a bidet cause we're freaking poor so every time my wife and I stop at Don Quijote and use their bathrooms it's like we've won the freaking lottery. Bidets are like transcending into Heaven. Don't know how we'll manage once we're back in the US.
Get a basic one on amazon for like 20-30$. It's goooood.

eso76

hand-hel water spray is the way to go

i still have no idea how use a bidet..

:

You sit on it and wash your ass.
Pretty straightforward

I'm talking about the ones with normal faucets, the one spraying water up your ass are possibly even worse than no bidet

bosseye

You sad pampered bourgeois with your water and 5 ply quilted toilet papers.

Never wipe your bum; let it dry and crust over, then it flakes off on its own. If you always eat a handful of pot pourri with every meal, the flakes and subsequently your pants, will smell like wonderful flowers #LifeHack

Dougald

heated seats are pretty offputting.... it feels like a ghost ass is haunting the seat...

It does at first, but after you get used to the fact that it's warm because it's heated, not because someone else was sat there, it's pretty great. Can't stand freezing seats in the winter

caliph95

I've never understood how people suffice with paper alone. Having a shitty arse all day must be the worst.
That was the one of the harder things to adjust to when moving to a more western country, sometimes i do the "family" method and bring a recyclable water bottle

Butt guns are better. You have more control of water pressure, and temp (usually just fitted to one temp though). You can get attachments for your existing toilet or get one attached to the piping if you're fitting a new bathroom. Would assume attachments to the toilet itself are weaker though.

Just remember to turn it off after every use as they leak. Overall a worthy investment for cleanliness.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've never understood how people suffice with paper alone. Having a shitty arse all day must be the worst.

I strategically time my dumps to be just before my showers.

bosseye

You don't! Just wipe til the paper comes back clean. Job done.

But let's throw this into the mix; there was a thread on a forum I was on a few years back about arse wiping technique and it turned out that a surprisingly large number of people stand up from the toilet to wipe their bottom. I mean how does that work? Surely that just squashes faecal matter betwixt your cheeks!

it can be pretty terrible sometimes

im thinking about just getting some baby wipes or something to supplement

i would get one of those toilet guns but i dont my landlord wants me messing with the plumbing

well, i also have no money lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

You could use a multipack of rolls for one shit and it still wouldn't compare to washing. I'll bet you get barbeque sauce on your hands, wipe them with a paper towel and leave it at that.

But let's throw this into the mix; there was a thread on a forum I was on a few years back about arse wiping technique and it turned out that a surprisingly large number of people stand up from the toilet to wipe their bottom. I mean how does that work? Surely that just squashes faecal matter betwixt your cheeks!

yeah but if you have a bad shit, sometimes toilet paper just doesnt cut it man

bosseye

You could use a multipack of rolls for one shit and it still wouldn't compare to washing. I'll bet you get barbeque sauce on your hands, wipe them with a paper towel and leave it at that.

I just lick my fingers and leave it at that....and for the barbeque sauce too, weyyyyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom