• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

jet1911

10380594_10152976838925usk.jpg

10380571_101529768389ksulx.jpg

NahaNago

now i want to play this game again, i ended up getting mario kart a little after buying this game and that took me away from it.

^great alticos O_O

cool gfx stuff

physical based shading rocks:

pbs28s0h.jpg

dispersion (rainbow) in the backlights:

dispersion4tssu.jpg

^edit: also love how the tarmac is reflected in the rim around the diffuser

POM, SSR, wastefully highres (for flying by at 150MPH) wall textures:

pomc6sa9.jpg

all with no filtering

some more stuff...

your headlights reflected in your oponents mirrors:

headlightsdvsgb.jpg

specular reflection on different materials and curved surfaces

spec3isn4.jpg

headlights are individual light sources:

headlights31bssc.jpg

Danlord

Can you use photo mode to do slow pans/rotations while paused and then grab then as video clips?

In theory, yes but it won't apply the added enhancements that makes the image quality amazing as detailed in my post further above (better sampled AA, more props, better shadows)

Elandyll

Banned
Some photos are mind blowing, and others not so much, it's really strange.

I guess whatever lighting conditions you take the photo in is like a make or break for the IQ really.
I think the Weather mode will really pull everything together nicely ... Hopefully it's still on track for 2014 (December?).

Did they change the driving sim and handling with the new patch. Hitting a wall causes a slight delay in acceleration, but its not as obtuse and garish as a collusion penalty. Also the xars tend to understeer more and thus youre required to take turns much more slowly. Somebody confirm or deny this.

Did they change the driving sim and handling with the new patch. Hitting a wall causes a slight delay in acceleration, but its not as obtuse and garish as a collusion penalty. Also the xars tend to understeer more and thus youre required to take turns much more slowly. Somebody confirm or deny this.
I did think that hitting the sides slowed you down more, better to chat about that in the DRIVECLUB OT in the Community sub forum rather than clogging up the photo mode thread.

Regardless of the post-processing, I think the level of detail is pretty insane. I'm not sure if it's just as insane as GT Photo Location photo mode or not though but, damn, I think Evo need to share models with Polyphony.

Top Bottom