• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

DaBoss

Yea, the demo had time based events. Wouldn't be too surprising if it was in the main game. Though the reviewers must have had a lot of time, so they will have to shed some light on what they encountered.

Joqu

If they completely ignored the Battle Frontier I would have accepted it's gone but they actually tease it

Game Freak has never been that cruel, it's gotta be in.

According to the pastebins, there's a little ingame event if you have Volcanion in your party. You get shown a TV Documentary that says that Brandon is hunting Volcanion in Kalos.

As in Pyramid King Brandon.

GAME FREAKKK

Joqu

Yea, the demo had time based events. Wouldn't be too surprising if it was in the main game. Though the reviewers must have had a lot of time, so they will have to shed some light on what they encountered.

The one that posted on GAF clearly never encountered it so I'm not sure they encountered anything.

But you know, if it's time based it would probably start counting after beating the game. Probably the delta episode even. Or maybe they expect us the clear the maison first? Lots of situations that would have prevented a reviewer from coming across it yet really.

Renta

Banned
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Battle Frontier trolling is taking me for a trip! They mentioned the characters, no way it's not in, right? Certain conditions need to be met, right? Hit a major milestone in Battle Resort so Scott senpai recognizes me, right?

PLS

According to the pastebins, there's a little ingame event if you have Volcanion in your party. You get shown a TV Documentary that says that Brandon is hunting Volcanion in Kalos.

As in Pyramid King Brandon.

GAME FREAKKK

Volcanion isn't even out yet, that's a double layered trolling.

jax

Banned
So I have the game downloaded (JP), and am now on the splash screen and have about 9 choices. Which one of these is the English button >_>

yLz2obe.png

I can't help but laugh at the goofy guy on Team Aqua with the heart. Seems so out of place! XD

Got my order for Omega Ruby in place, gonna be a fun ride! I haven't played Ruby in a loong time... But now the great debate begins... Do I not choose Torchic and break the tradition of Fire Starters? And do I choose May and break the tradition of always keeping my player character consistent with my gender?

I'm still torn about breaking my traditions; I feel I should both try to relive my experience from Ruby and try to make the experience as fresh as possible.

Unicorn

I forgot this was coming out already
KuGsj.gif

As of right now, I have no interest in buying it. Once others get to "endgame" and have more information about how X/Y can play nice or not play nice I may sway.

I just disliked so much about Ruby/Sapphire when they initially came out.

I'd be buying the game for move tutor or meta game shit anyway
KuGsj.gif

Will be reading this thread for impressions, though! Have fun everyone!

I can't help but laugh at the goofy guy on Team Aqua with the heart. Seems so out of place! XD

I'm still torn about breaking my traditions; I feel I should both try to relive my experience from Ruby and try to make the experience as fresh as possible.

The poor grunt is in love with the beautiful
mermaid
admin.

And I'm in the same boat as you, I want to relive what I did in the past, but at the same time I want to experience new things.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I still got to wait for Amazon to deliver my copy tommorow so no adventuring for me just yet.

Hatchtag

Banned
So they weren't just bogus fakes... Wow... So we really can get all the Pokémon between XY and ORAS! O_O This is too good...

*Crosses fingers and prays for an in-game Jirachi event*

Strange. Usually when we reach this point in a generation, that indicates the gen is about to be over.

Smash + AS = $100

Won't be eating, then.

Go to Toys R Us, B1G140%off Wii U and 3DS games tomorrow.

When have they not delivered on something they've teased like this?
XY's Mysterious Idol comes to mind.

Basically it's really possible that all the teasing will lead to another full-price Pokemon game, which I would find infuriating. It's one thing to do a remake of an old game, but another thing entirely to take that remake and pull its content apart into two full games.

I'm getting so hyped, even if I don't know if I'm getting it tomorrow because Smash Wii U.

I'm going to play the demo today and probably get even more excited.

Strange. Usually when we reach this point in a generation, that indicates the gen is about to be over.

It just might be... We have our main game, and remakes... If they stick to the model they've been sticking to so far... Gen VII is not too far away! :/ But what could they possibly do new? A Wii U tie-in game or something?
(YES PLEASE!)

The poor grunt is in love with the beautiful
mermaid
admin.

And I'm in the same boat as you, I want to relive what I did in the past, but at the same time I want to experience new things.

Now I am unsure about my decision to get Omega Ruby instead of Alpha Sapphire... Since I originally played Ruby, I feel like I'm going to be missing out forever on the Team Aqua story. (even if it is just the same thing... >_>)

Ah well, I may be getting OR, but maybe it's time to break some traditions and have fun! ^_^

WHAT?!?!

Qurupeke

XY's Mysterious Idol comes to mind.

Basically it's really possible that all the teasing will lead to another full-price Pokemon game, which I would find infuriating. It's one thing to do a remake of an old game, but another thing entirely to take that remake and pull its content apart into two full games.

Have people transferred the Idol to ORAS? Maybe it unlocks the Battle Frontier... maybe...

DNAbro

It just might be... We have our main game, and remakes... If they stick to the model they've been sticking to so far... Gen VII is not too far away! :/ But what could they possibly do new? A Wii U tie-in game or something?
(YES PLEASE!)

Now I am unsure about my decision to get Omega Ruby instead of Alpha Sapphire... Since I originally played Ruby, I feel like I'm going to be missing out forever on the Team Aqua story. (even if it is just the same thing... >_>)

Ah well, I may be getting OR, but maybe it's time to break some traditions and have fun! ^_^

Don't expect it anytime soon. Usually you can tell how far the next generation is by the anime, Ash still hasn't even gotten to 4 badges yet. I expect a X/Y sequel next year.

My original plan was to get OR, but then I saw that I would get another Latias if I chose it. I think I have about 3 of this damn bird.

Oh yes.

Go to Toys R Us, B1G140%off Wii U and 3DS games tomorrow.
Apparently the pentagon mark can only appear in two games after this so it makes me wonder what the plans are (a RB 20th anniversary game would be too soon after a late 2015 z or emerald version...assuming they got for Feb 2016).

Buy one get 140% off...so you buy AS and they give you $16?
j/k I know it is buy one get one 40% off.

Top Bottom