• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units (April 6th), 20.5M Software (April 13)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.
image.php

hohoXD123

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.
This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System

Dragon

Banned

Of course you do. If Microsoft polished a turd and had Major Nelson hype it up youd put syrup on it and eat it like it's the most delicious buttermilk pancakes.

Ploid 3.0

Added Dec & Nov

http://i.imgur.com/0MtphvV.pnG][/QUOTE]

Geez, and I've been waiting on Daylight to release so I can put my darn graphics card free voucher code to use. It seemed like this game was releasing in Jun/July when I looked it up. What is going on with this game?

[quote="Speedy Blue Dude, post: 108872595"]You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

[A picture that was funny to me]

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow man, so all sony has to do is release it's first party games and stagger the releases of the dlc's for them. So basically what nintendo is pretty much doing with WiiU. That seems like a awesome plan!

Variety is the spice of life. Especially in a seemingly competitive FPS fatigued industry.

Caayn

it's not just marketing though, its the way the system was designed.

and yeah, that meme lived out its worth 6 years ago.
Sorry but I don't take the bullshit "it's the way the system was designed". Both consoles were designed with media integration, MS got lost a bit too far into it, PS4 just suffered less from it.

Wrong argument, it's a personal preferences not "quantity vs quality" ;)

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.

I wish I knew - but there's probably a limit to how much production can be increased so my assumption was that for companies who mostly sell in Christmas period they need to produce some of that stock in advance.

Of course you do. If Microsoft polished a turd and had Major Nelson hype it up youd put syrup on it and eat it like it's the most delicious buttermilk pancakes.
That's not true? I've actively announced my dislike for the Gears of War franchise, Fable franchise, and Halo 4/Halo:Reach.

I like Titanfall because it's genuinely a fun game. Not because it's Microsoft exclusive. I'm a fan of Respawn's new franchise and I'm excited for it's future, if Titanfall 2 ends up being on the Playstation 4, great. I'll still be hyped and I'll be happy the franchise will have more room for growth and can reach a bigger user base.

hohoXD123

That's not true? I've actively announced my dislike for the Gears of War franchise, Fable franchise, and Halo 4/Halo:Reach.

I like Titanfall because it's genuinely a fun game. Not because it's Microsoft exclusive. I'm a fan of Respawn's new franchise and I'm excited for it's future, if Titanfall 2 ends up being on the Playstation 4, great. I'll still be hyped and I'll be happy the franchise will have more room for growth and can reach a bigger user base.
Guys, let's remember this post for the inevitable Titanfall PS4 announcement.

Sorry but I don't take the bullshit "it's the way the system was designed". Both consoles were designed with media integration, MS got lost a bit too far into it, PS4 just suffered less from it.

what's bullshit about it? of course both were designed with media integration in mind as well, but thats more a software thing. but i'm saying the focus of design on PS4 has been gaming foremost. That's why 8GB GDDR5 happened.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Wrong argument, it's a personal preferences not "quantity vs quality" ;)
Exactly. I think Basement Crawl, Backgammon, Pure Chess, Putty Squad and some other games are super lame on a console.

Even though I ended up deciding against buying Titanfall after playing the beta, I'd take Titanfall over those as well.

I won't take Titanfall over Don't Starve, Octodad, Daylight, Towerfall, Steamworld Dig & Transistor however.

Personal preference.

I'd be surprised if Sony won't ramp up production temporarily during Sep-Oct-Nov to build stock, as long as it keeps selling at this rate that is.

Why only temporarily?

By all accounts they've been short on stock pretty much since launch.

The only reason I can think of is prepping for another SKU which might make sense as DualShockers is reporting AMD plans on switching to GloFo fabs later this year for XBO/PS4 chips but that's on the same node and other parts shouldn't have changed too much since launch to warrant anything big.

Caayn

what's bullshit about it? of course both were designed with media integration in mind as well, but thats more a software thing. but i'm saying the focus of design on PS4 has been gaming foremost. That's why 8GB GDDR5 happened.
GDDR5 was a gamble for Sony, if things went sour we'd have seen the PS4 with 4GB. This is something that has been discussed thousands of times here and I don't feel the need to repeat it.

Tigress

what? Daylight comes out end of this month

Daylight looks interesting. But I'm not sure I should buy it... It has been my experience that I much prefer watching other people play horror games. If I try to play them I end up not because I get too freaked out if I'm playing them (But I love the atmosphere/story of a good horror game. I just can't play one myself).

Oh, and if we're talking Titanfall vs. everything else PS4 is getting, I'll take Daylight and Bound by Flame over Titanfall easily. Especially since I have no interest in a multiplayer game nor any game put out by EA. So, that's an easy one for me (Or here's another vote saying that guy saying Titanfall is quality over quantity is more personal preference over quantity).

Ploid 3.0

GDDR5 was a gamble for Sony, if things went sour we'd have seen the PS4 with 4GB. This is something that has been discussed thousands of times here and I don't feel the need to repeat it.

The god of war smiled on PS4 and blessed it with great fortune +4.

yet it was a gamble that Sony made, and I believe it when they say they made it for games. Developer input plays a factor here as well since a dev straight up told them they need to have 8GB RAM. You certainly don't need to gamble on 8GB GDDR5 for media integration.

I like how you completely ignore inFamous: Second Son even though it reached 1 million in sales.

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

Sony should spend the next few months focusing on restocking tier 2 countries and then start another marketing push after E3. I think Sony might push to 8 million sold by the end of May but not any sooner. They'll probably be close to 10 million by September and have enough stock to mostly supply this holiday.

Paganmoon

I like how you completely ignore inFamous: Second Son even though it reached 1 million in sales.

He's not interested in infamous: Second son, so X1 has more quantity and quality for him subjectively, not sure how it relates to the list (objectively) posted though...

Tigress

the studio was announced to be part of ID@Xbox in February

with later confirmation that they are looking into bringing WarFrame to the XO marketplace

I guess they gotta get an exception by MS then for bringing Warframe to PS4 first... (or would they be able to use the exception clause about having made a contract first?).

Biker19

Banned

Bigboss370 is right, though. More better specs = Console was being designed as a gaming console in mind. That's PS4. 8 GB's of faster RAM. The superior GPU.

Both the Original Xbox & Xbox 360 were the same way, in which they were designed as gaming consoles in mind first, with media being secondary.

It was?

Maybe because of the Live paywall. You don't need PS+ for f2p games.

i think these F2P and MMO games are gonna be huge for PS4. As far as I can tell, Warframe has an impressive following on PS4. I personally love the shit out of Blacklight Retribution. FFXIV seems big, and Planetside 2 should be big as well.

Then we got Everquest Next coming later, and eventually H1Z1 which has massive potential.

Cyborg

When did this thread go from PS4 doing very well into a discussion about PS4 having no games? Mods should take action

Top Bottom