• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Can someone recommend me a game like The Settlers or Anno? The less combat, the better.

It should take place in an older timeline, so nothing modern or sci-fi like Cities: Skylines, Anno 2205 or Aven Colony

I just want to build some farms, a few mills, a bakery etc. without too much stress and hassle. I had a look at Banished, but it seems to be a bit too hardcore for my liking, especially during the winter. Life is Feudal: Forest Village also looks interesting, but the reception seems kind of mixed.

Oh, and graphics are not really important to me, as long as the game is fun, so older titles are very welcome as well. But the game should be available on Steam.

Can someone recommend me a game like The Settlers or Anno? The less combat, the better.

It should take place in an older timeline, so nothing modern or sci-fi like Cities: Skylines, Anno 2205 or Aven Colony

I just want to build some farms, a few mills, a bakery etc. without too much stress and hassle. I had a look at Banished, but it seems to be a bit too hardcore for my liking, especially during the winter. Life is Feudal: Forest Village also looks interesting, but the reception seems kind of mixed.

Oh, and graphics are not really important to me, as long as the game is fun, so older titles are very welcome as well. But the game should be available on Steam.

Try:

Just noticed the PMs. Thanks.

Also, pics of Valve's new office have been showing up

DM2WxVUU8AAZoOO.jpg

DOMtXSmWAAEKGwB.jpg

DLMF_nZUIAE7J6E.jpg:large

Anustart

Quick question about family sharing.

Can I play a shared game on my pc while someone is playing one of my games? Or would it still kick them out even though I'm not playing one of my own games?

Jawmuncher

Quick question about family sharing.

Can I play a shared game on my pc while someone is playing one of my games? Or would it still kick them out even though I'm not playing one of my own games?

Only one person can be playing at a time if they're using a library.

So if you're playing their shared games they can't play anything and vice versa.
Since it will kick them out after 5 minutes or so.

Battlechili

Banned
yas

header.jpg

(it's the clean/limited version)
Oh neat
I actually started playing this last night. Apparently if you want the 18+ version on Steam all you have to do is download off the website and copy/paste all the files in the Steam folder to replace them.

I'm not overly fond of how buff most of the characters are and the English translation is a tad awkward with a few mistakes here and there, but it at least seems like the VN has some effort behind it.

No problems so far, the main characters look pretty good in cutscenes on max settings and it's easy to jump in and get going with just a controller.

Thanks, good to hear. I think I'll just go ahead and buy it, since I enjoyed the game on the PS3, but the performance was really spotty at times. And yeah, a controller is a must for this game.

Hopefully Activision is also going to give a heads up, when the Tranformers license is about to expire, since I still need to buy Fall of Cybertron on Steam.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh neat
I actually started playing this last night. Apparently if you want the 18+ version on Steam all you have to do is download off the website and copy/paste all the files in the Steam folder to replace them.

I'm not overly fond of how buff most of the characters are and the English translation is a tad awkward with a few mistakes here and there, but it at least seems like the VN has some effort behind it.

well the three picks are of different builds anyway

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm working on adding the new currencies to Enhanced Steam but the issue is two-fold: the client software needs to be updated (new version release) and the server-side software needs to be updated. The server has things like currency conversion values to/from each of the new currencies as well as tables that show conversion values of the old ones.

gG3ivU6.png

It's a little slow-going but I just wanted everyone to know that it IS coming.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nekojishi is a much more satisfying gay VN than that shitty "daddy" game.

Hell I'd argue Morenatsu is better than that daddy game if it actually became a full game.

Battlechili

Banned
Apparently World of Final Fantasy's Steam release doesn't have any graphics options whatsoever. Not even resolution options or fullscreen control.

Battlechili

Banned
I stand corrected.
I just saw that myself haha. I guess I should've waited a few more minutes. Kind of dumb that they're a bit hidden though.

kuYuri

Does modbot still even work with the current 10 minute pm cooldown? I just sent a pm to modbot to do Steam and other key giveaways, but haven't gotten any response back.

Ok so I need to decide on one of the three:

Tyranny, Because I love the premise and I don't really have time to burn on a 100 hours long game
Pillars of Eternity, Because I want to be engrossed in a rich story
Divinity: Original Sin, Because it looks so much fun

FML..

Redshirt

Banned
Can't go wrong with any of them imo, but I enjoyed PoE the most of the three.

Tyranny is better in some respects but short.

D:OS is probably better mechanically, but I enjoyed the story and lore of PoE more.

Battlechili

Banned

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT Rally- -- MB-7E5F7444584B2683 - Taken by NeoRaider
Dirt4 Hyundai R5 Rally Car DLC -- MB-7DD5A8BE19E13E80 - Taken by krczt23
Dirt4 Team Booster Pack -- MB-FF4F4AB048E863B4
F1 2017 1988 McLAREN MP4 Classic Car DLC -- MB-9F174ADC23390C40 - Taken by krczt23
Furi -- MB-C57BBAD6E703E298 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy -- MB-7DFBBC503BE47316 - Taken by oipic
Micro Machines World Series -- MB-5315F7437AD4C2B8 - Taken by MaLDo
Nongunz -- MB-0E2851B5C26089F8 - Taken by Regginator
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-235A92BDB5B602FF - Taken by rainking187
Rivals of Aether- -- MB-82581A425195046A - Taken by Hakkelus
STRAFE: Millennium Edition -- MB-64420EFEE3787D98 - Taken by Mikurden

Top Bottom