• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

Krilekk

Banned
Who actually started this whole "secret sauce" thing? It just hit me how far left field it came from.

I suppose it's just the 360 CPU that's included in Durango in addition to those 8 cores. At least if they are still following the leaked document which suggested being profitable at $299.

KageMaru

Considering how both companies have studios working on next gen titles, I hope we see some interesting launch games. It's the best time to launch a new IP, so hopefully there's something awesome coming.

IF performance is a wash, it'll come down to features and games.

Resistance isn't first party. SOCOM is a realistic TPS and the devs experimented with MAG, being a novel large scale realistic shooter. MAG isn't a franchise either. So really Killzone.

Resistance is very much first party, Sony owns the IP even if they don't own the developers that created it.

I'd like to see MS have a go at an MMO FPS.

Bungie has that covered ;p

Honestly not sure if Destiny is even supposed to be considered a MMOFPS

Kinect enabled. It's played with a gamepad.

Doesn't matter, even as an option, Kinect ruins all.

iMax

Why do I get the feeling Black Tusk is working on something Dead Space-y? Must just be the vibe I'm getting from their logo...

Well,
I believe many third party are Working on multiple cross platform games ( current gen and next gen) with 720p as default res for both version

Of course details, Antialiasing, post processing effects, 3D, no. of players and so on, will change but not frame rate and res.

No specific insider info, just imho

Violater

This is as funny to me as people that won't buy a Wii U game if it doesn't have off-TV play. I thought the point was to play games.
Indeed, I would just also like advancements in the experience, I'm a graphics tech lover you see. So the Idea of going to next gen with almost more of the same doesn't really appeal to me.

The 360 version was put on indeterminate hold, they are still making a PC version.

Well maybe they will make it into next gen.
As it is the PC stage has Planetside 2 which seems to be doing well.

Jack_AG

Banned
The exception that proves the rule.

Do your homework. We've seen the same 30/60 disparity this gen, too.

The thing is, if console A is known to be better than console B but developers only reach for parity - people will be pissed because lots will buy the "more powerful" console just to get better versions of games. The lesser console owners will also question a developer if they are indeed putting any effort into any of their games.

Minor inconsistencies aside - performance is the only parity that NEEDS to be reached. Fuck pixels - I want them all on my screen without tearing and at a locked framerate.

Sadly we didn't see that this gen, either. Just because they are developers doesn't mean they are smart, smh.

So, You will miss many games during next gen for both durango and orbis

Why does everyone keep saying this (defending 720p).

720p is low fidelity now and will certainly be considering garbage by the time the next-gen really establishes itself. If Sony and Microsoft have any interest in selling consoles they better be built to push 1080p as the default resolution.

Jack_AG

Banned
What if the prank email was actually legitimate info?
I've read enough of your posts to conclude this question is irrelevant.

The only time next-gen news is relevant is when it comes from the source. Sorry, bro, not playing your games and I have enough friends left in the industry to know that's all you like doing.

Quit fanning the flames.

The only time next-gen news is relevant is when it comes from the source. Sorry, bro, not playing your games and I have enough friends left in the industry to know that's all you like doing.

Quit fanning the flames.

just because an email was sent to lots of news orgs anonymously doesnt necessarily mean its not true. just sayin.

not that i am saying it's real either. its nothing too crazy anyway imo.

quest

Not Banned from OT
This is the question for people who have developed for consoles. You think it might be possible to have cross play with the previous generation? Be a way to make sure games like COD and other multiplayer games have a large community launch day. Also cross play might be a way to get really competive people on board sooner. If the next gen console versions have higher resolution, draw distance and more stable frame rate be an advantage in the game. Might be way to get gamers looking for any edge to move to next generation sooner.

Quit fanning the flames.

it actually doesn't seems that far off if you ask me.

Margalis

Banned
This is the question for people who have developed for consoles. You think it might be possible to have cross play with the previous generation?

Yes. There's nothing technically hard about it, it's mostly a question of policy. Sony is pretty open about backend configuration stuff. MS not so much, but even for MS I don't see why they wouldn't allows cross-play across generations of their own console.

Jack_AG

Banned
it actually doesn't seems that far off if you ask me.
You guys are missing the point. There are a few posters here trying to maintain their own relevance based on hearsay, rumors or the potentiality of rumor confirmation.

That's akin to hanging meat around your neck to get a dog to play with you and its being done strictly to get a rise out of people - especially noting the subtle changes in information.

People will find out soon enough with their own eyes - no need to hang carrots on a stick.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You guys are missing the point. There are a few posters here trying to maintain their own relevance based on hearsay, rumors or the potentiality of rumor confirmation.

That's akin to hanging meat around your neck to get a dog to play with you and its being done strictly to get a rise out of people - especially noting the subtle changes in information.

People will find out soon enough with their own eyes - no need to hang carrots on a stick.
Some of them do know things. Plus it's fun for everyone.

But they have information they just can't be precise to protect their sources. A very elaborate privat message system ensures that and delievers so much interesting news. Yes most direct questions don't get answered and there are a lot of contradicting statements and vague postings but I am sure all those posters are legitimate.

After all it is NeoGAF - BELIEVE ;-)

Jack_AG

Banned
I understand this bros - I just don't see the point when it only serves to fan flames. Its a disservice to all interested forum members.

But hey - if people think its fun then so be it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Ales

Neo Member
Epic came out a while back and said "UE4 really shines at 1 teraflop and above of processing power" or something..

Ehm no,Epic said that the UE4 is scalable and can be used on machines from 1+Tflops
but that the results really interesting would have occurred only on GPU of 2+ Tflops
Without that power forget Samaritan, etc. .. on durango ;)

Ehm no,Epic said that the UE4 is scalable and can be used on machines from 1+Tflops
but that the results really interesting would have occurred only on GPU of 2+ Tflops
Without that power forget Samaritan, etc. .. on durango ;)

google to the rescue!

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...s-next-gen-gtx-680-powered-real-time-graphics

What is the target platform for UE4? What kind of hardware are gamers going to need to run UE4 based games?

Unreal Engine 4’s next-generation renderer targets DirectX 11 GPU’s and really starts to become interesting on hardware with 1+ TFLOPS of graphics performance, where it delivers some truly unprecedented capabilities. However, UE4 also includes a mainstream renderer targeting mass-market devices with a feature set that is appropriate there.

ok, so the wording they (actually it's an interview with tim sweeney) used was "really starts to become interesting"

e just chimed in too.

Interesting. I always thought Microsoft "didn't comment on rumor or speculation"?

sometimes they will deny things iirc. never confirm, if it's a secret.

i think pretty much all companies behave like that.

besides, random twitter employees arent quite microsoft exactly, though it's a gray area and i'm sure ms wont tell them to shut up since i'm sure ms doesnt mind them correcting apparent misinfo in this case.

Top Bottom