• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nintendo Direct starts, while billions of fans are watching. A giant flying yoshi appears to the japanese sky and Iwata can be seen sitting on its head. After a backflip, he lands on the ND room, wearing nothing except Mario's trousers. His body makes every woman explode, while yelling "Iwata!. His fabulous hairs shine on the sun. He picks up a cocumber and a mango, and using a mysterious technique, he merges them. The fusion's product is Super Mario Universe. Then, Sakurai appears to announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2, while a trailer for SSB4 also appears as a hologram. Then Iwata punches the earth and a ton of Wii u exclusives appear, among them a Zelda game, Half Life 3, Shenmue 4, Iwata Brothers U., GTA VI, Xenoblade 2, Mother 4, Metroid Prime 4 and Doneky Kong Country HD Collection. The Nintendo Direct ends with Iwata laughing while he announces PS4 and Xbox 3 as Wii U accessories.

LOL I laughed. XD

Darryl

Banned
I really do think they're joking around. I guess some people are looking to land a ridiculous prediction like that guy who said that Bayonetta 2 would be uncancelled and would be a Wii U exclusive. :p

I don't think it's a terrible prediction. I just don't see a game as massive as Smash being ready any time in 2013. :/

i don't see what it is about Smash that would make it much a large project. 18~20 months of development time seems like it should be plenty.

What's Brownie Brown been up to?

am I the only one who liked Sword of Mana

250px-Sword_of_Mana.jpg

Makonero

I know it.. Mother sequel made by team ninja under watchful eyes of itoi..

M: Other

Ness, still suffering from PTSD from his encounter with Giygas and being turned into a robot, has to face Porky once more and save his and Paula's BABY from the evil piggy clutches of his nemesis.

dyergram

I was going to suggest it would just be Rayman and wii fit because these things tend to be a disapointment but fuck it. New metroid new fzero and new zelda hype!

You know what would be cool? Instead of staying in one room he takes us on a tour of where each team working on projects work show us the devkits
KuGsj.gif

Meelow

Banned
The Nintendo Direct starts, while billions of fans are watching. A giant flying yoshi appears to the japanese sky and Iwata can be seen sitting on its head. After a backflip, he lands on the ND room, wearing nothing except Mario's trousers. His body makes every woman explode, while yelling "Iwata!. His fabulous hairs shine on the sun. He picks up a cocumber and a mango, and using a mysterious technique, he merges them. The fusion's product is Super Mario Universe. Then, Sakurai appears to announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2, while a trailer for SSB4 also appears as a hologram. Then Iwata punches the earth and a ton of Wii u exclusives appear, among them a Zelda game, Half Life 3, Shenmue 4, Iwata Brothers U., GTA VI, Xenoblade 2, Mother 4, Metroid Prime 4 and Doneky Kong Country HD Collection. The Nintendo Direct ends with Iwata laughing while he announces PS4 and Xbox 3 as Wii U accessories.

I wouldn't even be able to imagine the reaction if this happened lol.

Tenki

lyoJK.gif

I'd pay a lot just to watch this happen LOL

onilink88

i don't see what it is about Smash that would make it much a large project. 18~20 months of development time seems like it should be plenty.

How long did Brawl take? If Smash U has anywhere near the same amount of content, I very much doubt it's going to be complete on such a short development cycle.

Monolith's game almost certainly isn't Mother. Itoi said he wasn't talking about a new game, and I think Iwata mentioned that Monolith's game would be a new IP, so it's ruled out on two fronts.
Never said I thought they were related (I most definitely don't believe they are) although looking at my post I can see why you'd think so.

I just want either Mother or Monolith Soft related announcements. Preferably both.

Thraktor

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Alright, I still stand by my Monolith comment, but here's another theory which is much more out-there:

Nintendo have been disappointed with Wii U's sales thus far and have entered mini-panic mode. They've realised that their policy of only announcing games very close to release is hampering them, so they've decided to announce loads of games quickly, to try to increase interest levels in the console. Hence, a Nintendo Direct where they announce pretty much every first-party game releasing within the next year or so.

It's a very unlikely scenario, I'll admit, but not entirely impossible.

Edit: Slightly more seriously, I do think that's a reasonable indication of one of my predictions from my other thread:

Me said:
Some VC details, but still a month or two away.

The Boat

You mean Satoru Bros, staring Iwata and Shibata.

Yeah, it will be Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, etc.; keeping my expectations VERY low, I doubt we'll see even one new title, maybe at best some show cases

noffles

Banned
I just want Iwata to pop out of a drum Krusty the Clown style and throw me all those hopes and dreams I paid £275 for.

TriGen

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

That's awesome! That means they could possibly talk about things that aren't set to release soon. Developing opens up the possibilties.

Hiltz

Iwata on tomorrow's Direct Video focus:

"This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

So they'll likely be spilling the beans on games coming out in the second half of the year and maybe beyond. Keep some of those beans in the can cause E3 is important too, Nintendo!

I don't think it'll be there but I would LOVE for Retro's game to be there.

I'm thinking it'll be Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Wario release dates, + some Bayonetta 2 info and maybe 1 game we hadn't heard of before.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
With a new Nintendo Direct every other week, they might as well skip E3.
They're going bi-monthly with Nintendo Direct's, right?

I recall Iwata mentioning that, so we won't see any in February.

zruben

Banned
He's been talking about a "Mother (series) revival" on twitter. He also keeps talking about Mother 2 (Earthbound) and talking about how he misses fighting Master Belch, and doing other things in that game. Speculation is that there's either a re-release of the series a la Mother 1 + 2 or a remake of Mother 1/2 in the works. If Nintendo was smart, they'd commission their big RPG guns (Monolith Soft) on a remake of Mother 2, which sold buckets in Japan.

damn... I am basically "hopeless" with that franchise... but now I'm kinda hyped...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom