• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm ugly

Flowmoney

I look at my face in the mirror and see person that I wish wasn't me.

It just doesn't feel right at all.

I know that I probably should just get over it but that is easier said then done.

I hate this misfortune of not being able to look away and think about something else.

I never wanted to be hideous.

I know that I probably should just get over it but that is easier said then done.

I hate this misfortune of not being able to look away and think about something else.

I guarantee that you are not.

Are you sure it's not your breath? /s

Consider hitting the gym if you feel self conscious about your looks. It won't change your facial structure but I'm sure you will gain a good amount of self confidence about yourself overall.

I know the feeling OP. I have several times debated burning my face, or rubbing acid on it, or something so people don't have to look at it, because if its an unpleasant experience for me to see it in the mirror, I can't imagine how other people feel. I don't have any good advice, but I hope you're ok.

If you dress decently, go to a gym, style your hair, and keep a good level of tidiness and and hygiene then you can fix 85% of your ugliness.

ThisGuy

It happens. Get ripped and make a lot of money. Its your only hope.

Other people dont give a shit by the way.

elmalloc

Are you sure it's not your breath? /s

Consider hitting the gym if you feel self conscious about your looks. It won't change your facial structure but I'm sure you will gain a good amount of self confidence about yourself overall.

Not entirely true, I lose weight in my face first! I can tell after a jog that my face is getting thinner.

Exercising will make you feel more attractive!

Some people get more attractive as they age, too. Just keep exercising.

giphy.gif

Say it with me OP

Moonkid

Hey OP, I hope you're doing alright - I remember your last thread not long ago. Chuck a PM if you ever want to vent :)

Platy

I belong to a group of people that even the "cover of beauty magazine" ones people don't want to date and joke people who do.

And next to them I look like a bad fanart of Trubbish

So yeah OP, I get the feeling

Pusherman

Maybe you have BDD? I hate how I look, from my face to my body. I often feel an intense and visceral disgust when I see a picture of myself or catch my own reflection in a mirror or window. Combined with some other issues it has actually made me suicidal. I'm about to have my first therapy session for it next week.

I don't think it's normal to dislike your own body as much as you do. It might help to go see a therapist and tell them your feelings.

Ecliptor

I know the feeling OP. I have several times debated burning my face, or rubbing acid on it, or something so people don't have to look at it, because if its an unpleasant experience for me to see it in the mirror, I can't imagine how other people feel. I don't have any good advice, but I hope you're ok.
People would look at it more if you did that, I think.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Being pretty should be on the very bottom of your qualities-I-value-in-people list.

There are tons of more important things you can improve about yourself. Stop wasting time in front of mirrors.

Alienous

Do you have severe facial deformities? If so I'm sorry that's the hand you've been dealt. People can be cruel but it's just the accumulation of opinions that don't really matter - they're people no more important than you. Follow your ambitions to the extent that your condition isn't a barrier to progress.

If you're just unattractive... eh. Everybody's unhappy about some physical attribute they have. Feel free to write it off as a loss and commit that energy to other aspects that make your life worthwhile.

Christ, please see someone and get some help. The OP and you need to get some therapy. Please don't harm yourself.

zeemumu

Do you have severe facial deformities? If so I'm sorry that's the hand you've been dealt. People can be cruel but it's just the accumulation of opinions that don't really matter - they're people no more important than you. Follow your ambitions to the extent that your condition isn't a barrier to progress.

If you're just unattractive... eh. Everybody's unhappy about some physical attribute they have. Feel free to write it off as a loss and commit that energy to other aspects that make your life worthwhile.

Pity comes too late!
Turn around and face your fate!
An eternity of THIS before your eyes!!!

But seriously though, OP. I doubt you're actually ugly. If you're really that upset about it, then try to make up for it in other aspects.

Hanso

I have an ugly scar above my left eye that not even looks cool and is more red than eanything else. But even without it I'm not the best looking dude, I'm tall, that's it.

I spent at least three years looking in the mirror and saying I look ugly to myself again and again.

To this day I still believe I'm ugly but the important thing is most people, if not all, do not see you like you see yourself. If you realize that than it does not matter what you think. I still catch myself staring at pictures of me and wonder why anyone could like me.

But don't give in to that. It's simply not true.

Stop looking at yourself and after a while you will foget what you're so mad about and stop caring.

Rorschach

People get used to your face over time and stop seeing you as "weird" or "ugly." There's no ugly that time or personality won't fix. The way you carry yourself also affects how you are perceived.

But you're probably not as uggo as you imagine.

Zetaero757

Neo Member

I don't know if you are trolling but i feel the same way all the time. I even tell my girlfriend that I'm ugly and she does her best to make me feel like I'm not.

Joyful

being thin / in shape helps
try exercise first if you haven't if not to look good youll feel better

beyond that their is always plastic surgery , start saving up now if you are still young.

confidence is a meme
although its wise not to complain about your problems to anyone irl
(except maybe a therapist)
people attack any weaknesses on the daily, its sad

eizarus

Banned
Tbh I think you just need to find a look that goes well with your face. I've seen plenty of people who aren't traditionally good looking, but they look good because they found something that works for them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tbh I think you just need to find a look that goes well with your face. I've seen plenty of people who aren't traditionally good looking, but they look good because they found something that works for them.

A paper bag would work well for me.

Top Bottom