• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best 10/10 completed anime out there?

Gunslinger Girl. There's not a second season or a manga series, don't listen to anyone who says there is.
Fullmetal Alchemist. There's not another series called Brotherhood, don't listen to anyone who says there is.
Nichijou
Madoka. There aren't any movies, don't listen to anyone who says there is.
FLCL

It ain't an anime and it's only about to be done, but Dorohedoro is the greatest of all time.

asagami_

Banned
So as always, I will list my top 5:

Cross Game
Nodame Cantabile
Haibane Renmei
Dennou Coil

And my favorite anime of all time:

Princess Tutu

TutuGroupTVtropes.jpg

Honorable mentions: Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Z Gundam, Mawaru Penguindrum

I'm going to go with Cowboy Bebop.

I wouldn't say I watch a lot of Anime. Over the years I have watched.

DragonBall/DBZ
Cowboy Bebop including the movie
Trigun
Hellsing
FLCL

That's all I can remember anyway besides.... I burned through the first season of One Punch Man this last week and loved it.

Is there any anime that stands out as being somewhat similar to these that I might like?

Gonna echo the Legend of Galactic Heroes mentions, would probably put it at the top, though I'm still on my way to finishing it.

CLANNAD (Key's best work imo), Baccano, Hunter x Hunter, Spice and Wolf, and FMA: Brotherhood are all right up there for me as well.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in my heart and soul.

GTO, Samurai X - Trust and Betrayal, Monster, Clannad after story, Jojo Stardust Crusaders and Ashita no Joe 1/2 would be my picks off the top of my head.

rackham

Forgot to add Trigun. I've only seen a few episodes of Cromartie High but it's very funny. I wouldn't doubt if it was amazing all the way through.

I've watched a lot of anime and I don't think I'd give any of them a perfect score. Gurren Lagan comes close, but the fan service takes it down a notch. Your Lie in April also comes close, but it's like five episodes too long.

I guess maybe FLCL. It's so fucking short that it doesn't have time to do anything wrong or stupid.

Edit: Man, some of y'all are throwing out 10/10s like we're IGN reviewing video games here.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Kenichi: The Mightest FUCKING Desciple. Why does this anime get no love on this forum?!
Trigun
The Devil is a Part Timer

I know I'm forgetting a few more.

Forgot to add Trigun. I've only seen a few episodes of Cromartie High but it's very funny. I wouldn't doubt if it was amazing all the way through.

I don't watch many mostly comedy series, but Cromartie High is probably the top of of those that I have seen. I'd say it was consistently great throughout.

Freddie will always be my favorite Japanese high school student.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Stein's Gate, if you don't count the games. Tho a sequel is coming out.

Wait wat? Isn't Steins'gate 0 just an AU?

Anywho, from a list sense.

Yu Yu Hakusho
DBZ
Bebop
Trigun
Madoka

Something something Toradora something Greatest love story ever told

Lawl.

edit 2:

Black Lagoon definitely deserves a spot.

qcf x2

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Michiko & Hatchin

Hunter x Hunter is good enough, but it's not completed.

Basketball

Blue Gender
NHK
YuYu Hakusho
Great Teacher Onizuka
Tenchi Muyo Universe/ Ovas til 4
Steins Gate
Golden Boy
DBZ
Prison School for the ride
Samurai Champloo

specdot

12 Kingdoms
Kinos Journey
Great teacher Onizuka
First half of otogi zoshi. Modern timeline never happened in my mind.
Escaflowne
New getter Robo.
BRUH. The Opening for season 2 is lit tho!
Everyone already mentioned the good anime. I'll just throw mine out there. K-ON! The music was just too good/fun in my opinion.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
What about berserk. I'm ten episodes in and it seems pretty good to me so far. The anime from the 90s I mean

Keep watching. Also bookmarking this thread to see if I missed any good ones throughout my years of watching.

Fisico

Might I add Usagi Drop?
29387212a551b7394c79fnxjah.gif
tenorrdjun.gif

Haibane Renmei as well (it was mentioned once already)
4hbyuxH.gif

Slice of life often get forgotten (and by that I don't mean K-On), that doesn't (or at least shouldn't) make them less impactful

I of course also like things like Hunter x Hunter and Gurren Lagann.

Zero²

Angel Beats, you can judge me all you want but this show destroyed me, poor tenshi :( And it's such an interesting well made plot, if it has any flaw it's that it's too short...

Decado

Not many. I'd say the GOAT are:

Cowboy Bebop
Baccano!
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Black Lagoon

Closest thing from recent years would be Space Battleship Yamato 2199

RRockman

Banned
Showing my age here but....

TRIGUN

Last Exile (the original. If you see anything called fam the silver wing, burn it to the ground.)

Jojo part 4

Baccano! (Dubbed 10/10 sub 9/10)

Naoki Urasawa's Monster

Gundam 0079

Turn A Gundam

Amirnol

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are easily up there at the top, but I am surprised at the lack of mentions for Escaflowne! That show is legit great from start to finish.

Kickz

What the fuck...Glad I blacklisted that "author" after the Oreimo Ending BS

Has he used his "Im not a sick pervert I'm just showing those damn censors!" excuse again to justify this?

No clue, but whatever it is, its creepy shit

rothgar

It's definitely my favorite comedy series.

I didn't watch the anime version, does it has the same ending as the manga,
they make love become a couple?

Yeah, but the best part is the
flash forward, when they arrive with their newborn daughter to Maison Ikkoku, and Koyko says "Welcome home, Haruka-chan. This is where mommy and daddy first met". Perfect ending.

Top Bottom