• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of new Prince of Persia game?

AHA-Lambda

I just want another PoP game in the style of TFS. I couldn't care less if it was another reboot really cos it's obvious ubi don't know what they're doing with this franchise. But this? This??

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

StayDead

Why does nearly every game to come out of the main western studios now have to be really high budget, have really generic looking main characters and really generic storylines? My god. :/

gabbre

Give the main character a hood and it could be an Assassin's Creed screenshot. Why can't they just let the franchises be separate entities? Unfortunately this does line up with previous rumors and leaked concept art so I'm fairly certain this is real.
VJkQQ.jpg

bridegur

Looks like an AC knockoff. At the very least, I hope it isn't as buggy as the 2008 PoP. I wasn't able to finish it due to how often it froze up.

1) its a reboot. original PoP Zero was going to be modern day and was code named PoP Zero. Hence this reboot is going to be PoP Zero 2.
2) POP 2008's sequel assets were used in making POP TFS Wii.
3) God of War - lite
4) Ubi was working on a new IP for next gend that would have been like God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus. I think they have decided to make it the POP 2 remake. \]
F8A6h.gif

TripOpt55

That doesn't look appealing I guess, but I will wait and see what it plays like. If the game had platforming as good as the SoT trilogy that would be great. I mean ideally it would be visually attractive and have great atmosphere like some of the better games in the series, but no one does platforming quite like those games did anymore. Not even the PoP games this gen. And the new Tomb Raider seems to have like no platforming (well there is I'm sure, but they have avoided showing it as much as possible and I am not super optimistic about its level of challenge). I'm hoping for the best. This is really one of my favorite series.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would love if the main character were of a darker skin tone like what seems to be in the OP, just for variety's sake, but I doubt it.

Count me in. I still enjoy all the PoPs except for 2008. Hell, they can make it grimdark. It's not like it can be worse than Warrior Within, and it would be SOMETHINg. Forgotten Sands was just a fun platformer with the most forgettable story on the planet. I hope the Water Freezing is back. That was fun.

I'm also surprised people would want the PoP 08 team working on anything. You can want the artists, that's fine, but what a mediocre game where they turned the Prince into yet another Nolan North special

I'm not sure I will buy this. The main character is not white and thus I cannot relate to him

edit: NPC on the left wearing a dress

It's not that he isn't white for me, but his character design is big and burly. At this point (aesthetically speaking) it just screams God of War ish which is something that gets me very worried.

I want the parkour-ish gameplay from the last few Prince of Persias, so it would be nice if he looks more athletic like these dudes from Yamakasi:

s0kr8.jpg

Salsa

yes ubisoft this is exactly what I wanted out of a prince of persia game yes yes im bathing in it you're so good to me ubi always know what we want

Here's the first screen shot of the new PoP Game:

It was originally posted on the official Prince of Persia forums.

Please note that POP Zero 2 is written on the bottom... It is align with everything that we know about the game.

1) its a reboot. original PoP Zero was going to be modern day and was code named PoP Zero. Hence this reboot is going to be PoP Zero 2.
2) POP 2008's sequel assets were used in making POP TFS Wii.
3) God of War - lite
4) Ubi was working on a new IP for next gend that would have been like God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus. I think they have decided to make it the POP 2 remake.

HP5tg.jpg

This is either developed for PC or Durango.

The only 2 platforms that could directly use DX11 (PS and Wii/U use some form of OpenGL)

RedSwirl

I don't think it's gonna be great again until Mechner returns to the franchise. That seems to be the main difference between Sands of Time and everything that followed it. And I hear Mechner's involved with Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Also, Ubisoft should give up on melee combat at this point. They suck at it.

Top Bottom