• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Cyros

CeuUeHPXIAIu6w5.jpg:large

vg260

Killer OT, Flash!

ONE LINER contest entry for Sabrewulf:

"The help is all gone, the house is bare. Now you know a shadow lives there. There's one left to die, then my job will be done. I like killing people. It's a lotta kicks! " - The Private Eyes (1980).

derFeef

I need to buy it first on the X1 for the cross saves and still nothing :(

You can buy what you want, just make sure to open up the udpated game on XB1 first. they put up a huge warning message upon opening the game so you do not miss it.

khaaan

Q: Is Season 3 the only season available on PC?
A: No. All seasons are available on PC in the form of the Supreme Edition.

I'm sure this sounds dense, but I still need clarification.

If I have no Xbox One, my only purchasing option the PC is the Supreme edition? I can not buy Season 1, 2, or 3 a la carte?

LiveWire

The licenses for S1 and S2 should automatically show up, and there should also be Combo Breaker and Ultra Edition options for the game in the Windows Store. If you want your saves to transfer, though, you need to log into KI S3 on an Xbox One.

Thank you very much! What would be in the save files? If it's just story mode progress or something I'm happy to start over....

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm sure this sounds dense, but I still need clarification.

If I have no Xbox One, my only purchasing option the PC is the Supreme edition? I can not buy Season 1, 2, or 3 a la carte?

you can buy separately if you really want to... but the value of the supreme edition is ridiculous compared to the seasons... hell if you bought the 3 season combo breaker packs separately (non ultra) it would cost more than the entire package

anyone else in canada no being able to get KI on PC?

bman94

He was originally just going to be a skin option for Jago.

Then the community was outspoken, and they offered a crowdfund for it.

As a result, we get a full new character, but to avoid rubbing the loyal crowdfunders the wrong way, it has been kept separate.

Is he worth the $10? Like is it a completely new character or somewhat of a clone?

Thank you very much! What would be in the save files? If it's just story mode progress or something I'm happy to start over....

Stats, levels, items unlocked through character level progression, custom outfits, etc.

Do I have to install this to C drive or can I put it on another drive?

You can tell Win10 to store your WinStore apps to a different drive.

Settings -> System -> Storage -> New apps will save to:

This will affect all your Win10 store apps, though.

Dinjoralo

Well, fuck... I might not even be able to get this downloaded before the end of the day. Fuck this shitty college apartment and fuck it's shitty internet.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is it possible to play with a DS4 on the PC version? I haven't bothered with Win10 store games before

Geedorah

It is live, finally. Got both XBOX and PC downloading.

Is he worth the $10? Like is it a completely new character or somewhat of a clone?

I've actually never played KI, this is gonna be my first! I got S1 from GwG, and I won a code for S3:Ultra from the KillerInstinct Twitch stream just the other night!!

KingBroly

Banned
Downloading it. I'll check out what all I can do before I make a purchase.

I know I have Shadow Jago, but...yeah, gotta sort things out first.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

he's completely different... just has some similar normals... that's all.

should be noted he doesn't have a story mode at all. he's purely a tournament / vs / arcade character

I really wish there was a discount for people who already own the first 2 seasons.

Why punish early adopters who have supported the series?

Guess I'll wait for a sale. I cannot justifiably pay $40.

SOLDIER

First time downloading a Win 10 game, two questions

1. Can you choose where to save the game?

2. Can you add it as a non-Steam shortcut?

Jawmuncher

you can buy separately if you really want to... but the value of the supreme edition is ridiculous compared to the seasons... hell if you bought the 3 season combo breaker packs separately (non ultra) it would cost more than the entire package

anyone else in canada no being able to get KI on PC?

Not seeing it yet for US as well.
EDIT: It's up now

Do I have to install this to C drive or can I put it on another drive?

Hit the windows key

Type "storage"

Select Storage

You can change the default app installation location from there.

First time downloading a Win 10 game, two questions

1. Can you choose where to save the game?

2. Can you add it as a non-Steam shortcut?

1. See above

2. Not yet, without hacking something together. It's technically possible, but Steam still only recognizes .exe.

hwalker84

Still showing as not available still on the Windows 10 store. Downloading on xbox. Thank you for Bomgar and Microsoft for the Xbox streaming App.

Edzi

Okay, so I'm downloading the free version off the Windows store. To get the Supreme bundle as well as S. Jago, I'm assuming I'll have to buy those through the game client? Or is there another page on the Windows Store that I'm missing?

sephi22

I'm seeing a free version in the US store which has in-app purchases. It didn't exist yesterday when I was searching for the game, and people are giving it 5 stars and commenting how s03 is finally here.

I hope that's not the version we're looking for

Top Bottom