• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenflow

So I have 3 games that show up as N/A for trade value. Codename Steam, FlingSmash, and Links crossbow... Was trying to scrape together 6 games with filler don't care if I get nothing for them, does that mean they don't take those titles anymore anyone know?

inner-G

Banned
So I have 3 games that show up as N/A for trade value. Codename Steam, FlingSmash, and Links crossbow... Was trying to scrape together 6 games with filler don't care if I get nothing for them, does that mean they don't take those titles anymore anyone know?
Yeah they don't take N/A games

cwistofu

I can have the credit to to my Amazon account, correct? For the full store-credit value?

How do i go about doing this?

EDIT: oh. still good deal

So far I'm planning on trading in
Zelda BotW switch
Mario Kart 8 deluxe
Mass effect andromeda - never opened
Zelda a link between worlds
Zelda wwhd
Mario maker

On the fence about arms, haven't opened my copy yet and gonna try to play the shit out of it over the next week. Since I used gc at Best Buy for zelda, mk8, mass effect and arms stacked with the visa checkout promo, I'm actually making money off most of these, and it's letting me get rid of a critical failure in mass effect, and a game I thought I'd love but appears I was blinded by nostalgia in Mario kart

Question for BotW, my save data is stored on the switch itself, so I should be able to purchase it digitally and pick up my progress correct?

jrDev

God damn, if the values listed on the app are right and I didn't do my math wrong I'll get an excess of $300 in trade-in value here. I didn't think I'd be getting a Switch for a while, but if true I might have one in my very near future.
I paid off my Switch doing a promotion like this so I got it for 'free'! :D

Persona7

Banned
Yea I'd like to know too lol. Anyone else have any experience with this?

And OP, thanks man. Wouldn't have known without you.

Stealth bumps typically occur on the last friday of the month and last until monday. Regular trade values can fluctuate mid-week.

Luke_Wal

Just to clarify: if I trade in my Mario Kart 8 deluxe, and I buy the digital version, my save data transfer over, right? I don't see why it wouldn't, but it's also Nintendo, so I feel like I need to ask.

Just to clarify: if I trade in my Mario Kart 8 deluxe, and I buy the digital version, my save data transfer over, right? I don't see why it wouldn't, but it's also Nintendo, so I feel like I need to ask.
Was asking the same but for my 100 hours in zelda

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd love to pay off 2018, but the games I have still have replay value. Tekken, Injustice, Zelda, Prey, Persona, ME, etc

I don't want to get buyers remorse this gen.

Hero

Yeah taking advantage of this to turn my MK8D physical into digital.

Also trading in ARMS since it's fun but not enough single player content and don't care to really do online ranked or anything.

Wag

I have 13 old 360 and PS3 games I want to get rid of.

Can I trade them in on this deal and then use the credits toward the 20% off Steam wallet deal?

inner-G

Banned
I have 13 old 360 and PS3 games I want to get rid of.

Can I trade them in on this deal and then use the credits toward the 20% off Steam wallet deal?

You can use the credit towards Steam cards, but you won't get an additional 20% on top of the 60%

harSon

Banned
I haven't really played a console game in a while, so i'm just going to trade everything in. I had a nasty habit of purchasing games during Black Friday, B2G1 free, etc. and never playing them - so I have about $600ish in games despite not having purchased one in about a year.

Stealth bumps typically occur on the last friday of the month and last until monday. Regular trade values can fluctuate mid-week.

So is this deal currently active or not? I have the day off but I don't want to drive to GameStop if they're not still rocking the deal.

Redd

I trade like 18 games today and made over $225. Games I thought were worthless considering most of them were 360 games. Good stuff with the heads up

ChrisD

Ok so games that show N/A are a no go?

It's a flip of the coin. I traded in a copy of LeafGreen which has shown as N/A for months now, but it turned out to have a base value of $6 I think?

Also traded a copy of Melee in the past (it didn't work; they had to refurb it, I'm not dumb enough to trade a good copy of Melee) which showed N/A. But the value on the website does pop in to $20 every once in a while.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a flip of the coin. I traded in a copy of LeafGreen which has shown as N/A for months now, but it turned out to have a base value of $6 I think?

Also traded a copy of Melee in the past (it didn't work; they had to refurb it, I'm not dumb enough to trade a good copy of Melee) which showed N/A. But the value on the website does pop in to $20 every once in a while.
...but you were dumb enough to get six bucks for a forty and up dollar game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
*Walks into Gamestop with XBOX 360 games*
W8GgWzh.gif

You can use the credit towards Steam cards, but you won't get an additional 20% on top of the 60%

Ok, I went in when this started at the beginning of last week, the guy told me if I put money down on a "Best of E3 Title" I would get an extra 40% on my trade in. It worked, they stacked it, but the promo code on my receipt said "Unknown" or something so I think he did an override and stacked it himself.

I got the 70% for being Pro and having more than 6 games, then they also stacked 40% on top of that. I didn't even asked for this deal to stack, he asked me and did it for me!

J_Viper

Hmm I have about ten 360 games I can trade in like Mass Effect 2 and CoD4, but there's no way I'm getting more than twenty bucks for the whole lot, even with this promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom