• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Mikey Jr.

Geez, stop complaining. Pokkén came out last week, it gets on the poll, same with Fifa. If people want to vote for Pokkén, then they probably like to watch it or liked it last time. There hasn't even been one Nintendo game for a month.

Terrible criteria for group streams.

"only games that came out today can be played"

Why???????

So much great stuff they missed.

You're complaining about the same thing frequently when any Nintendo game shows up. Like should they never show up? Sorry because some (many) want to watch something they find fun.

Am I? I think I've done it like... twice? But okay, I will complain about it some more just to live up to your perception.

We are in a year with so many damn amazing games coming out. And yet the group vote choices suck and we get stuck with a Nintendo title and not even a fun one to watch.

That I have to vote FIFA to avoid the boredom that is Pokken speaks volumes about how poor I find the game choices to be.

And there's been so many quality releases recently, so it's not as if more entertaining options aren't available.

But Pokken is a Nintendo title, so it's got that voting advantage. Meh.

Terrible criteria for group streams.

"only games that came out today can be played"

Why???????

So much great stuff they missed.

I suppose it makes sense if they want to get more views and whatnot.

They'd get a shit ton of viewers if they were streaming FIFA. Right at the front of Twitch.

But they'll instead be right at the end, all alone in the cold, playing Pokken.

Thanks, Hasney.

Thasney!

Hasney

We are in a year with so many damn amazing games coming out. And yet the group vote choices suck and we get stuck with a Nintendo title and not even a fun one to watch.

Absolute lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niDr1WHPALI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5fKeyHpveU

Welcome to my cylinder of leaves.

I suppose it makes sense if they want to get more views and whatnot.

They'd get a shit ton of viewers if they were streaming FIFA. Right at the front of Twitch.

But they'll instead be right at the end, all alone in the cold, playing Pokken.

Thanks, Hasney.

Thasney!

Nope, they'd only get a shitton of viewers if they were doing what people want from a FIFA stream: CRACKING PACKS

ShadyK54

Nope, they'd only get a shitton of viewers if they were doing what people want from a FIFA stream: CRACKING PACKS

EZ Crack Packing

Huber: “So uh looks like we got some...Messi guy. Kyle, what do you know about him?”

Kyle: “Nah, sell him dude.”

Budi

Voted for Fifa, seems to be in the lead too! Really disappointed that they are doing story though, playing a little tournament against each other or even co-op matches would had been so much better. But I really wan't to see them play a sports game for once. I love playing those on a couch with friends, I could see Allies having fun too. Unless for some reason they see it more as a sports than a video game and can't get excited because of the subject matter.

Auctopus

Watching a local multiplayer match of FIFA between the Allies who (to my knowledge) have never really played the game would be very entertaining, I think. Anyway, I voted as such.

Karu

Voted for Fifa, seems to be in the lead too! Really disappointed that they are doing story though, playing a little tournament against each other or even co-op matches would had been so much better. But I really wan't to see them play a sports game for once. I love playing those on a couch with friends, I could see Allies having fun too. Unless for some reason they see it more as a sports than a video game and can't get excited because of the subject matter.
Uh 2v2 matches would be great.

abrack08

What could possibly be spoiled in, probably less than, the first 2 hours?

I expect they'd even keep redoing the training sections until they've got decent scores too. You'd probably see 3 or 4 cut scenes at most.

The Madden story mode this year was like 3 hours, assuming the FIFA one is similar, 2 hours might be a majority of it.

Personally I'm not worried about spoilers because I'm not interested in FIFA but I understand those who do.

I also think Pokken is getting a bad rap. It might not be a great fighting game but I think both times they've played it have been pretty exciting. I just think 3 group streams of a mediocre fighting game is too much, even if they still manage to make it entertaining.

Geez, stop complaining. Pokkén came out last week, it gets on the poll, same with Fifa. If people want to vote for Pokkén, then they probably like to watch it or liked it last time. There hasn't even been one Nintendo game for a month.

Woah! A whole month?! That's like 4 streams!

The problem isn't that Nintendo games are included, it's that they've gone overboard with them this year and the community has enough of a Nintendo fanbase that it gives even the bad Nintendo games a huge advantage over other games.

On top of that, Pokken's already been featured in a couple of streams, wasn't a great stream either time but the remaster comes out and it HAS to be an option. Why?

CyReN

Just in time for the podcast

47eec3123e49e6823fee1e9480690495.png

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...greement-to-end-strike?utm_source=wptwitterus

Hasney

I clicked your links, fell asleep, missed work and am jobless now.

Thanks Pokken!

No but seriously, those links ain't doing anything for me.

Oh OK, well first you click them and then moving pictures with sound plays. I'm sorry you just stared at them, I should have been more clear ;(

Oh OK, well first you click them and then moving pictures with sound plays. I'm sorry you just stared at them, I should have been more clear ;(

If clicking the link put me to sleep, imagine what actually watching the video would do.

I'm just tryin' to survive.

Hasney

Its fine anyway, next week we hopefully have Golf Story for the Nintendo Switch for the group stream. I'm sure everyone will be super positive.

ohyescoolgreat

Neo Member

Thanks for doing these - I imagine the work involved is significant. The Commander Shepard answers were cracking me up.

I finally watched the PAX panel and man... there were a couple of odd questions/criticisms. The guy who said he has 100+ youtube subscriptions and actively follows ~20 podcasts has a problem with EZA content being too long? I don't think the issue is length of EZA videos but rather someone's excessive consumption habits.

On the topic of the group stream poll, I'm firmly against Pokken not because I find it boring (I do) but because I'm not a big fan of fighting games and I feel like they're the most featured genre in the group streams. Fifa would be interesting just because it's something we don't often see them play. And as of this minute it has a narrow lead.

Mista Koo

I also think Pokken is getting a bad rap. It might not be a great fighting game but I think both times they've played it have been pretty exciting. I just think 3 group streams of a mediocre fighting game is too much, even if they still manage to make it entertaining.
They never got to play Guilty Gear! And now after everyone being excited for FighterZ it won't look nearly as impressive :<

8 hour SNES Classic stream coming this week, wow.
I was thinking that's too much, but then realized that's like 20 mins per game.

Knowing them they probably won't even try them all.

Top Bottom