• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I find classic so boring. My favorite mode is still regular TDM. I never get bored of playing it.

Classic all day every day friend! :)

Word.

I find classic so boring. My favorite mode is still regular TDM. I never get bored of playing it.

All I want are guns, grenades, wacky traversal combat, and quips. Every new wrinkle from the store, to the sidekicks, to the mysticals, to the radar dilutes the gameplay loop IMO. I just like that the standoffs, chases, and flanks in Classic Mode aren't disrupted by whatever garbage someone can pull out in standard TDM. It comes down to the simple core mechanics of the game, and your ability to improvise with them.

edgefusion

Played through the single player on launch but never touched multiplayer, with The Lost Legacy being released I thought I'd give UC4 Multiplayer a try and boy should I have jumped in sooner. It's a blast! Doing the selfie emote over a downed enemy player will never, ever not be hilarious.

Co-op matches are like revolving doors: not fun at all. People will find any excuse to quit, even when it's not PvP. Sad.

I just experienced an endless money glitch after the host left. My controller was frozen and vibrating the whole time, I had invincibility and eventually the app crashed.

I can't stand this shit. I'd rather play a game that has quit penalties. I filed a bug report to Sony, but I guess Robert's signature 2-man team is too inadequate for proper QA testing. *sigh*

edit: power weapons also cannot be picked up after the host leaves... they're stuck there and they mess your triangle up (you can't even reload weapons).

AKyemeni

Co-op matches are like revolving doors: not fun at all. People will find any excuse to quit, even when it's not PvP. Sad.

I just experienced an endless money glitch after the host left. My controller was frozen and vibrating the whole time, I had invincibility and eventually the app crashed.

I can't stand this shit. I'd rather play a game that has quit penalties. I filed a bug report to Sony, but I guess Robert's signature 2-man team is too inadequate for proper QA testing. *sigh*

edit: power weapons also cannot be picked up after the host leaves... they're stuck there and they mess your triangle up (you can't even reload weapons).
In my experience, you'll find the most adequate and least ragequitting players on Crushing.

stryke

wtf loadout custom names aren't saved server-side

edit
party invites from people playing UC4 don't work with UCLL, fucking hell...

wtf loadout custom names aren't saved server-side

edit
party invites from people playing UC4 don't work with UCLL, fucking hell...
It's full of bugs. QA testing is nearly not existent, especially when it comes to late join. Sometimes I join matches during the treasure hunting wave and I can't pick them up, because they're elevated, LOL!

Custom loadouts lose their names when you switch from UC4 to TLL. Invites don't work, so you have to join an open lobby manually.

IMHO, they should just decouple MP from the SP games and make it F2P. Having to maintain 2 different clients is too much for this uber-small MP team...

Wow, really? Thank god you don't lose your gameplay/vanity unlocks as well...

I should have clarified, i only lost the names of the loadouts, not the loadouts themselves. I bought the Canadian U4 DDE, but my main account is from the UK, so i couldn't use the pre-order bonuses, mp packs and Uncharted points that came with the DDE, since they were all regionally locked. When they added the VIP relic bonus i didn't get that either, so i bought the UK U4 version when it was cheap. That's when i noticed that the loadout names didn't carry over, and neither did the SP saves. Thankfully i didn't have any problems with mp unlocks.

I bought the Canadian U4 DDE, but my main account is from the UK, so i couldn't use the pre-order bonuses, mp packs and Uncharted points that came with the DDE, since they were all regionally locked. When they added the VIP relic bonus i didn't get that either, so i bought the UK U4 version when it was cheap. That's when i noticed that the loadout names didn't carry over, and neither did the SP saves. Thankfully i didn't have any problems with mp unlocks.
That's not region locking. It's content locked to a certain account (game sharing via console primary activation doesn't work). Even if you made a second Canadian account, you still wouldn't be able to use that content (apart from digital games).

Imagine if Uncharted Points could be shared with other accounts...

Game saves are SKU-locked.

That's not region locking. It's content locked to a certain account (game sharing via console primary activation doesn't work). Even if you made a second Canadian account, you still wouldn't be able to use that content (apart from digital games).

Imagine if Uncharted Points could be shared with other accounts...

Game saves are SKU-locked.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tried posting about Survival in the LL thread but got no responses. I guess this is a better place for it? Just want to say that goddamn this shit is hard. I'm up to level 30 or so now, but man it's just brutal. Even light when I first started was like goddamn impossible.

I've beaten two warlords on Hard, but getting 3 stars on *anything* just seems so out of reach.

How active is this game mode still? Is it possible to find people who aren't terrible to play with on a regular basis? Late Join sucks because half the time you're on a boss level and you only have $600 to start. But starting your own open match also sucks because you're 100% going to get paired with your AI sidekick, who is terrible and makes the rounds take forever, killing any hope of getting 3*.

Damn, been having much better matches/teamates in Hard. Makes it a much more enjoyable experience. Have yet to try Crushing yet though.

So far the most "fuck you" waves i've come across so far:

Treasure Hunt - Mirrored, No Radar
-________-

Siege Mode - Enemies drop Indra, Grenades

I unlocked the PAK from a DLC chest over the weekend, and it's hilarious on survival when paired with the DLC booster that gives you ammo on kills and refills your ammo on headshots.

As long as you don't waste your ammo on the big heavy armoured guys, and just focus on the squishy enemies, you can just spray into crowds and constantly keep it stocked up with bullets. This is only with the level 1 version too; at level 2 I'll apparently get more bullets for it, so that'll be a laugh.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's only good in co-op. It sucks in competitive IMO.

I'm glad I finished unlocking all the hero ones a while back.

It's only good in co-op. It sucks in competitive IMO.

I'm glad I finished unlocking all the hero ones a while back.

Yeah, I've not tried it in competitive (I don't think I've tried anything other than the FAL to be honest), but I can see it being awkward to use on that mode.

I played my first TDM in a year or so last night, and I did alright, considering how rusty I am at it. I ended with 10 downs, 5 KO's, 7 assists, and 4 deaths. I need to give classic a go, as I loved the way UC2's multiplayer worked.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Getting fucking tired of this broken matchmaking. Fuck you for never implementing a solo Playlist, ND. I am always constantly outperforming the enemy team I'm facing despite them being in my skill level/parties, but it doesn't matter how better I perform when everyone on my fucking team are brainless idiots.

It's unbelievable.

Getting fucking tired of this broken matchmaking. Fuck you for never implementing a solo Playlist, ND. I am always constantly outperforming the enemy team I'm facing despite them being in my skill level/parties, but it doesn't matter how better I perform when everyone on my fucking team are brainless idiots.

It's unbelievable.

Stop playing. If you keep playing despite no solo playlist they see no reason to ever add one.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
A solo playlist won't fix team balancing issues. TLOU MP is a testament to that.
The fact that I won't be facing coordinated parties is more than enough of a benefit for me. I wouldn't even care about team balance since I know everyone will be solo and not partied up. It'll be luck of the draw.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Season is over. Get your relics and for the homies taunt!

The new taunt for the new season is also amazing. 😂

Too bad I can't say the same for the ranked rewards. Zzz

Drencrom

Season is over. Get your relics and for the homies taunt!

The new taunt for the new season is also amazing. 😂

Too bad I can't say the same for the ranked rewards. Zzz

The 8th season's sword dance taunt is looking pretty good too

Semi-ontopic: Just got the badge for 3-staring all Survival stages on Crushing, feels good!

^ Man I love that about UC4. People hate on the revive, but I enjoyed the teamwork out of the crazy near deaths.

What are the playlists in the MP now? Are they all well populated or nah?

^ Man I love that about UC4. People hate on the revive, but I enjoyed the teamwork out of the crazy near deaths.

What are the playlists in the MP now? Are they all well populated or nah?
yeah man i'm like the medic of the team most of the time. my record is 20 revives but that was on a lost match. 18 is the record for matches i've won

and nah, the game still feels pretty empty like before lost legacy came out :( i was hoping it would've rejuvenated the online population for this game

yeah man i'm like the medic of the team most of the time. my record is 20 revives but that was on a lost match. 18 is the record for matches i've won

and nah, the game still feels pretty empty like before lost legacy came out :( i was hoping it would've rejuvenated the online population for this game

:(

Feels like the community disappeared into other pockets of MP games.

Seems like ND is done with it too considering their poor support. All aboard Last of Us 2 MP!

:(

Feels like the community disappeared into other pockets of MP games.

Seems like ND is done with it too considering their poor support. All aboard Last of Us 2 MP!
I agree with you. I love how this game encourages teamwork with the down system but a lot of people don't like it too. But like you said sometimes you can get your teammates out of dire situations. I got another set of videos with a friend who also uploaded his perspective of the fight

https://youtu.be/cvTmZsMEWPU?t=7m34s
https://youtu.be/axdudblU300?t=8m20s

it could be that most people just play other multiplayer games, I asked my friend and he said most people play Uncharted for the single player and I guess that's true too but I think most people these who just play video games in general, play the multiplayer, so I dunno. Maybe most people who played the multiplayer didn't like it.

as for tlou2, I made a thread for that. I'll probably bump it next time we get some mp info

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm almost done getting all the colors for Young Sully. Only need 5 left! For just ONE skin. All these fucking colors are going to take forever lol.

I looked at the 300 relic DLC vanity chests items, seems like I only need 25 items left before I complete it and get nothing but colors after...until they add more shit.

WinFonda

there's a new patch that adds tournament support. i like to think it's laying the groundwork for future updates too but that's the endless optimist in me.

and yea classic mode is a boring, imbalanced slog. but i already knew it would be, argued as much in this very thread. naughty dog fell for the vocal minority yet again and sunk resources into it just as they did during Uncharted 3. it feels like the community and naughty dog are cyclically punishing each other by both asking for and then implementing it. and the proof is in the pudding. i've got like 4 people on my friends list posted for Classic Mode's leaderboards, while the other modes have multiple pages. sure there will be those who swear by classic mode, but ultimately very few. worth the resources? no, not at all in my opinion.

i wish we could get bounty hunter in ranked, or ranked's matchmaking for all modes. it's not perfect, but it's a lot better than the non-ranked matchmaking. like it's a rarity to get a true 5v5 or even 4v4 game of bounty hunter, but when you do, it's a lot of fun. Most matches in standard playlists have a couple good players on each team and the rest are newbies. mixing skill levels like that for each team can result in relatively fair games, to be sure, but not necessarily fun ones. lower skilled players get pummeled and higher skilled players have to sweat their asses off to carry the teammate lottery. i'd gladly sacrifice matchmaking expediency for more even skilled games. there's "good" hard games and "bad" hard games... and personally, i'd rather have the good hard.

Tournaments seems like such an odd thing to add now. Just about every competitive player I know quit playing the game within the first month or so - predominantly because they didn't feel it was competitive.

The only audience that left seems to be the super casual, so to add tournaments now doesn't make that much sense, at least from where I'm seeing it.

I don't really know what they could add that would make much of a difference at this stage. I think the multiplayers overall direction just lost too many players this time around. People didn't dig the sidekicks and mysticals, and classic feels a little barren or boring in comparison.

I think the best thing to keep people playing would be to do themed events and things like that. Look at what games like Overwatch and Destiny are doing, and mirror that in Uncharted. For instance, we should be getting a Halloween event, but we won't be.

Tournaments seems like such an odd thing to add now. Just about every competitive player I know quit playing the game within the first month or so - predominantly because they didn't feel it was competitive.

The only audience that left seems to be the super casual, so to add tournaments now doesn't make that much sense, at least from where I'm seeing it.

I don't really know what they could add that would make much of a difference at this stage. I think the multiplayers overall direction just lost too many players this time around. People didn't dig the sidekicks and mysticals, and classic feels a little barren or boring in comparison.

I think the best thing to keep people playing would be to do themed events and things like that. Look at what games like Overwatch and Destiny are doing, and mirror that in Uncharted. For instance, we should be getting a Halloween event, but we won't be.
huh, what makes you say that? I'm not exactly casual but for the past year, Uc4 has been my go to online multiplayer shooter.

Definitely disagree on the casual part, I have a few friends who mostly only play Uncharted, and have been doing so since 2. They're really good and very competitive.

Heh, anyway, no word on new maps or anything? Is it dead?

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I was just browsing reddit and stumbled on the u4 mp reddit.

People there are saying u4 mp is dead. That true? In what regard is it dead? New stuff? Community?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Support for it is dead. Yeah there's still people playing, but just like a few months ago, I run into the same people every night. Thank you SBMM.

Mikey Jr.

Support for it is dead. Yeah there's still people playing, but just like a few months ago, I run into the same people every night. Thank you SBMM.

Ouch, that sucks.

What's sbmm?

Anything specifically went wrong with the MP? Or nd just drop it for no particular reason?

I played quite a bit of it when u4 came out.

Thinking about getting lost legacy to also enjoy the mp, but I guess there is no future for it.

SDR-UK

SBMM is skill-based matchmaking.

As to what went wrong: they threw away everything from U2/U3 and made this pseudo-TLOU clone that is sped up and has a lot of nonsense in the game.

Game was dead on arrival for the Uncharted players who helped give the previous two multiplayers long lives with constant Fragged Nation/UMG support. This game turned all of those away. My friends list consisted of mostly Uncharted players from 2 and 3 and those who stuck with the game for a while, yet none of them play Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom