• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA classic Marble Blast Ultra (removed from XBLA) unofficially ported to PC

jediyoshi

Why on earth would it be piracy? It's an unofficial port, sure, but how can you pirate a FREE PC port of an XBLA game that hitherto never existed on PC? How do you pirate a freeware game, anyway? :p If they were charging for it, on the other hand, there might be some problems, but since it's free, well...

The PC version is a different thing from piracy. It's barely even copyright infringement, especially since it seems that nobody holds the IP rights to the original game anymore. Anyway, since it's free, I really wouldn't worry too much about it, myself. Download and rage/enjoy!

Touche. Now to download all these legal free dvd rips online.

Dali

Why on earth would it be piracy? It's an unofficial port, sure, but how can you pirate a FREE PC port of an XBLA game that hitherto never existed on PC? How do you pirate a freeware game, anyway? :p If they were charging for it, on the other hand, there might be some problems, but since it's free, well...

The PC version is a different thing from piracy. It's barely even copyright infringement, especially since it seems that nobody holds the IP rights to the original game anymore. Anyway, since it's free, I really wouldn't worry too much about it, myself. Download and rage/enjoy
The reasons you listed for it not being pirated seem flimsy. You don't have to make money off of something stolen for it to be considered stolen. And stolen ip and assets do not need to be usable only in their original state ad compete with legit copies on the same platform for it to qualify either. Doesn't matter if it never existed on pc before.

So if I bought this on the 360 all those years ago could I redownload it through my history or not? I haven't had my console hooked up in months so I can't easily check at the moment.

meppi

Damnit! Thought this was getting a re-release.

Played it on a friend's 360 around launch and loved it but by the time I had my own system that game was long gone.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I decided to make a Steam Grid icon for this. I thought I'd share it in case anyone needed one.

ibfulzOm9xgKBy.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For those interested, someone on Reddit informed me about Marble Blast Platinum, a fan conversion of Marble Blast Gold that I figured some might be interested in.

throwww6 said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you guys about Marble Blast Platinum. Link: http://philsempire.com/?view=mbp&mbpview=about[1]
It's a fan-made total conversion mod for the classic Marble Blast Gold. MBG was the original game which came out on PC in 2003, and was the precursor to the Xbox version, Marble Blast Ultra.
Marble Blast Platinum has beautiful HD graphics, hundreds of levels (all of them fan-made) ranging from easy to insanely difficult, some pretty awesome music, and online high-scores / leaderboards for every map. This mod has been out for a few years now, and a lot of people put a ton of hard work into it.
Marble Blast Platinum requires Marble Blast Gold to be installed. After you have it installed, you can download the Platinum mod and have a bunch of fun.
The mod is still currently supported, with new updates and maps coming out all the time. It's a shame more people don't know about this. It's a must-have for any Marble Blast fan.

cool, something to relieve my super monkey ball itch. graphics are bland as hell, but the time freeze and grvity altering mechanics make things interesting

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For those interested, an update has been released for the port.

Download Link

Also, for the even smaller subset of people who this is relevant to - the game works great in 3D!

BedBison

Neo Member
I remember when I first got my 360 it had a bunch of demos pre-loaded on it and I remember playing this but I couldn't remember what it was called now. The demo was fun, from what I can remember. Too bad it got taken down.

Top Bottom