• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

paper Mario port to DS in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eteric Rice

Zeni said:
I'm also one of the few that prefer SMRPG to the Paper Mario's. I'd buy it in a second if it came out for DS. It was one of the first turn-based RPGs I've played, and to this day, I still find myself occasionally pressing the A button before an attack connects when playing other RPGs (critical hit!).

I don't think you're one of the few, but most likely one of the majority.

Some people are just different.

Soul4ger

ethelred said:
Much of the hate Partners gets is significantly overblown. It's a great game and a worthy followup to Superstar Saga. In fact, it has better gameplay -- an improved battle system, better bosses, better dungeons. Those plusess make up for the game's lapses (hub vs. explorable overworld, less creative villain).

Which is exactly why I liked it better. The dungeons and battles were WAY better, and the hub worlds were much more efficient. So much of SuperStar Saga just felt so empty. And the writing was great, even if the main villain wasn't as good. I don't know how anyone could like SSS more.

And for the guys saying they're surprised more people don't like SMRPG... I love it. I think the PMs, Partners in Time, and Super Mario RPG are all friggin' fantastic. I don't like SSS very much, but the other four are amazing. I think I just prefer the PMs and PiT simply because they've expanded on the battle system and customization so much, and they feel more "Mario."

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Baiano19 said:
Wait, so SMRPG is now the worst Mario Rpg? I must be in bizzare gaf....

I think the DS game is the worst, funny since I though the GBA one pure genius.

This isn't bizzare gaf, this is normal gaf

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
I'm starting to doubt the validity of this news since no one can seem to confirm it being in the alleged issue.

You don't fucking say.

Chris Michael said:
PLEASE BE TRUE HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Chris Michael said:
pleaseberealpleaseberealpleaseberealpleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeeee
Chris Michael said:
this better be real, I'm not seeing this mentioned anywhere on 2ch :(
DON'T TOY WITH MY FRAGILE HEART
Chris Michael said:
but it's in CoroCoro... rite
rite
>???????
Chris Michael said:
corocoro is Japanese and if this was an april fools than it would say "Announced in Jump!" or "Announced in Famitsu".
this is real. this is damn real.
this is real.
please be fucking real
Chris Michael said:
what's that supposed to mean'

DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DO NOT??!?!
Chris Michael said:
SOOOOOOOOOOOO when does CoroCoro come out?
Chris Michael said:
has this been confirmed yet?
don't say that :( :( :( :( :(
Chris Michael said:
anyone
???????
Chris Michael said:
has this been proven to be true yet? :(
PLEASE BE TRUEEEE

I have come to the conclusion that this may very well be fake.

As far as I can tell (I've never bothered to know much about Ruliweb), Ruliweb is a site not unlike Wikipedia where anyone can post news stories. The dude who posted the Paper Mario story hasn't posted ANY other news stories. I do believe we have a FUCKTARD VANDAL on our hands.

"Personalized reaper" as it is so appropriately translated in my translator will hopefully have his hands dismembered from his arms to prevent the typing of any further heartless fake announcements on this "Ruliweb".

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Chris Michael said:
I thought PMDS was in this month's issue?

When has anyone said that? If it was in this months issue it would have been revealed before this thread was even made. Next month's issue supposedly has it. Didn't jj984jj already explain this to you?

Ramenman

A Link to the Snitch said:
SMRPG is good, as far as generic RPG games go.

Exactly.

I don't like generic RPGs, like, they make me sleep.

So Partners in Time, Superstar Saga and Thousand Year Door are automatically superior.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I said he should give up asking about it already, if it was in this issue we'd know by now.

The next issue will have information on the Pokemon game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, felt I should share this with you guys. While checking to see if Wikipeida had been updated about his game, I noticed in the talk section about a Paper Mario DS back in October, and they had some screen shots. The others just bruched it off as a photoshop, but I wonder if they could have been the real deal:

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

http://games.fok.nl/viewscreenshots.php?gameid=3700

... On second thought, seeing how the random germen site quotes October 2004, these are most certainly photoshops. Oh well, already typed this up, might as well post it...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hmm, yeah they're not real. The third screenshot uses an old version of the in-game HUD.

What's up with the four coloured bars on the touchscreen anyway?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SovanJedi said:
Hmm, yeah they're not real. The third screenshot uses an old version of the in-game HUD.

What's up with the four coloured bars on the touchscreen anyway?
Well, my guess would be they thought they could use the bottom screen to make up for the missing C buttons. Most likely the real version will in some form, but with a cool menu system.

Zerachiel

Could be cool if they retool many of the timing minigames to use the touch screen... and they'll probably have to, seeing as so many of them used the analog stick.

This is puzzling though. Why port it to the DS so soon after the VC version?

Personally, I'm hoping that we've got the story wrong and they're actually releasing a new Paper Mario game on the DS :)

Drkirby said:
Oh, felt I should share this with you guys. While checking to see if Wikipeida had been updated about his game, I noticed in the talk section about a Paper Mario DS back in October, and they had some screen shots. The others just bruched it off as a photoshop, but I wonder if they could have been the real deal:

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

... On second thought, seeing how the random germen site quotes October 2004, these are most certainly photoshops. Oh well, already typed this up, might as well post it...

how dare you bump this thread without any further confirmation of PMDS! D:<

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Talladega Knight said:
Sweet I guess. Wish it was Super Mario RPG instead though.

second post got this shyt right.

I would buy a DS for that.

edit- if they kept it like the original and not like try to make it 3d

Drkirby said:

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

Haha, yes, those are fake. Funny to see FOK! screens here without me posting them ;)

Haunted

I thought this thread was bumped with some new screens, or an official press release or something. :(

That said, I'd only buy this if it had a similar amount of new content as Mario 64 DS had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom