• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds |NOT| a thread is better than a official one.

pixelbox

Yeah, calling it dead is a massive understatement by now.

Well thats what you get when you run your business like GAF did for the past year or so. All the self righteous bullshit will eventually bite your head off.
Well it's starting to happen at that other place

Vlightray

Expansion is legit great enjoyed every moment. Liked the new beasts. 1 mission to go and i'm 100%. Can't wait for 2.

Jacknapes

Finished the DLC last night. Overall, a good experience. Some of the errands could have been bumped to side-quests, and
the Fireclaw final boss, boy that's a pain. Tough to defeat, and i thought a Daemonic Thunderjaw was tough. And the final errand wants 5 of these "beasts" taken down. Did rope in a few other beasts to help with one or two, but otherwise i did them solo.

This DLC just adds to the belief for me that this is my Game of the Year.

valkyre

Well it's starting to happen at that other place

Oh I am pretty sure it will eventually have the same outcome...

Its typical situation of people starting humble, then losing their shit after being successful and acting as if they are some kind of higher breed...

pixelbox

Its typical situation of people starting humble, then losing their shit after being successful and acting as if they are some kind of higher breed...
Yep, anyway did you see my video with HZD?

Valonquar

Finished off the main DLC storyline, just have some of the side quests and the newer weapon tutorial quests that pop up afterward left. Pretty fun, but it is fairly easy with the shield armor.
The new lightning gun with a good mod will melt the new bear mechs pretty quickly. Use the arrows that knock off armor pieces, shoot two frost grendades, then swap to the energy staff thing and BOOM.

Had the game at 100% near release & hadn't touched it since then. Just picked up a Sony XBR65900E and this game is freaking gorgeous in 4K HDR. I'll definitely be spending the time to 100% the new stuff/trophies.

Blam

Pretty much.

But back on track. I actually loved this DLC. There were very few games this gen that captured my attention like this.

Loving this DLC so far but one thing that Ive noticed is it seems to exacerbate some of the problems with the base game, specifically the camera. It does not do well in any sort of combat areas with boarders.

::SLIGHT SPOILER::

The part in the story where you fight the 3 bears became an annoying ordeal
because I kept getting stuck on scenery or running into walls or just getting trapped for a few seconds between the enemy and the scenery with no escape until the baddie moved. Overall the camera just seems too close to Aloy when the shit hits the fan in combat.

Also they dont seem to have fixed the issue of shrubbery getting in the way of the camera when aiming up.

Its still a lot of fun and the only game in town if you want more Horizon. Its worth every penny but these are just some niggling issues Ive had so far.

Entroyp

Finished the DLC over the weekend, it’s great to be back in this awesome world.

Man I get frustrated fighting the Fire Cats, can’t find a suitable strategy

pixelbox

How is that creature just walking around you without attacking?

Override?

This DLC is really something. I stood up 'till 5am out of shear intrigue. I needed to know how things became to be, just uh. I personally rate the DLC higher than the full game, it's just so much more refined, dense, improved, and challenging. Even if you spam shit, there's just no guarantee of winning. The side missions are better than the main and main missions better than the base game by a wide margin.

I've never been in this much wonder since PS1 days.

This DLC is really something. I stood up 'till 5am out of shear intrigue. I needed to know how things became to be, just uh. I personally rate the DLC higher than the full game, it's just so much more refined, dense, improved, and challenging. Even if you spam shit, there's just no guarantee of winning. The side missions are better than the main and main missions better than the base game by a wide margin.

I've never been in this much wonder since PS1 days.

I gotta agree, after the dust settled I thought Horizon was a good (8-8.5/10) game. This dlc feels much better overall

Bramble

I got til' NG++++ in Bloodborne so I know my difficulties, but any tips for destroying the Scorchers on Ultra Hard? I'm level 51 en I have the Power Weave Armor. I get absolutely wrecked and one-shotted every time. They're to fast toe freeze and ropecasting them is also not effective.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah it just seems odd cause it feels like the end then it auto puts you in a new related question that doesn't seem important.

There's another quest outside of the DLC area you have to finish in order to get the 'DLC' completed trophy. It's related to a weapon and a stormbird.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Ok now I'm angry , I think it's the last boss I don't know but GOD now it's been more than 6 times I can't beat that monster I did damage it and destroy the tower but at the end he killed me with one touch !

Btw I'm playing on ultra .. is there any advice because I can't take it anymore

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Ok now I'm angry , I think it's the last boss I don't know but GOD now it's been more than 6 times I can't beat that monster I did damage it and destroy the tower but at the end he killed me with one touch !

Btw I'm playing on ultra .. is there any advice because I can't take it anymore

Have you fully upgraded all your weapons? The Ropecaster will help you greatly.

Valonquar

Went back in after finishing the DLC, did a new game+ loadout and played through main story-line on Ultra Hard. I was already level 60 with all the weapons and tons of ammo, but nowhere near enough shards for the "new" armor/weapons. Fortunately they were completely unnecessary as ultra hard wasn't really that ultra. Only died during the last 2 storyline fights, and even then just a couple times. 100% all trophy categories, so yay.

The facepaint/focus colors were probably the most lackluster rewards ever though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Went back in after finishing the DLC, did a new game+ loadout and played through main story-line on Ultra Hard. I was already level 60 with all the weapons and tons of ammo, but nowhere near enough shards for the "new" armor/weapons. Fortunately they were completely unnecessary as ultra hard wasn't really that ultra. Only died during the last 2 storyline fights, and even then just a couple times. 100% all trophy categories, so yay.

The facepaint/focus colors were probably the most lackluster rewards ever though.

How do you get these?

nowhat

How do you get these?
Complete NG+ on Hard/Very hard/Ultra hard (each higher difficulty unlocks also the lower difficulty rewards). But I have to concur, as far as rewards go, meh. NG+ was fun itself though, in my initial playthrough I kind of settled to a particular set of weapons and didn't much change it, it was fun trying out different weapons/tactics for the machines.

Still on the fence about this game! Got no 4k tv or HDR and I'm unsure about voice acting, silly tedious side quests, being open world and so on...hmmm...

I'm angry:

Had bought game months ago here in my country, Slovenia.....platinumed the game, sold it.
Rebought game from UK, saves not recognized!!!!! :( WHY, SONY WHY?
It's EU version, should be same?

Even ordered GOTY :(

Kamina

Golden Boy
I'm angry:

Had bought game months ago here in my country, Slovenia.....platinumed the game, sold it.
Rebought game from UK, saves not recognized!!!!! :( WHY, SONY WHY?
It's EU version, should be same?

Even ordered GOTY :(
There are sometimes different regional codes for games. These affect save-states and addons/dlcs.
However, in your case it is just a save. Replay the glorious game and enjoy.

Top Bottom