• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

Lard

Banned
>Dommatasu(whatever his name spelt as)

Dormammu

The Marvel side is pretty good, not overly impressed with the Capcom side. (Except Ameratsu)

Hunahan

Banned
Looks cool, but this really better not be some Yoda shit.

I don't want characters that are immune to high attacks or something lame like that.

I'm....concerned...

Gravijah

Kaldea said:
Looks like Amaterasu's confirmation stole Thor's thunder.

Sorry. D:

11il28h.png

Hunahan said:

I don't want characters that are immune to high attacks or something lame like that.

I'm....concerned...
Because that would kill the proud MvC tradition of making everyone the same height.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lard said:
>Dommatasu(whatever his name spelt as)

Dormammu

The Marvel side is pretty good, not overly impressed with the Capcom side. (Except Ameratsu)

Dormammu as being playable character is questionable according to few posters because he may be boss only.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
A M A T E R A S U

I can't tell you how happy im right now, this really made my day.

THANKS CAPCOM!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
AWESOME REVEAL! Two characters I really hoped would make it into the game :D

My only gripe about Thor : Bluish thunder bolts. NOT YELLOW, FUCKERS!:lol

ReiGun

Hunahan said:

I'm....concerned...
It should be alright. Roll and V Joe are shorter than the other characters in TvC, but you can still hit them. You just have to adjust your combos a bit since some (but certainly not all) high attacks sail over them.

Maaseru

Banned
Don't forget about the extra characters they will add in DLC hopefully, because it seems this game is gonna sell like toilet paper! :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Xater said:
I think Thor was a given but Amaterasu is a nice surprise.

Really? really? Is it because of Thor the movie?

He was barely assist for MvC and He didn't even shown up for MvC2, hence I being doubtful with him being in mvc3 but I am glad that he is in. :D

54-46! said:
Good to see that they're using Coipel's Thor design and not something else.

Well it is all supposed to be Civil War era for Marvel-side. Thor's another good example to go along with stuff like Iron Man in his Extremis armor.

Odrion

Banned
That "leaked" list urks me. If Chuck Greene is in this game ALONG with Frank West over Ken or Megaman I'm going to slit a pig's throat.

Beth Cyra

Odrion said:
That "leaked" list urks me. If Chuck Greene is in this game ALONG with Frank West over Ken or Megaman I'm going to slit a pig's throat.

Mega Man I can understand, but are you for real on Ken? My god the list already has both Ryu and Akuma, why do we need a third Shoto over someone else?

Dahbomb said:
Now all we need is Gene from Capcom's side. (and Vergil plz)

Gene wont be in according to the Niitsuma (the guy in charge?).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22497583&postcount=358

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the ones who kept asking about Amaterasu.

And along with the Amaterasu thing, for those who weren't following:
No Punisher
No Phoenix Wright (though they mentioned the Edgeworth game after...hope for Edgeworth?)
No Gene
No Ghost Rider (apparently was very close to getting in)
No Emma Frost
No DareDevil

I believe they also mentioned Strider, not sure if it was confirmed no for sure, they did say he's a popular character inside Capcom and that no one is currently working on a Strider sequel at the moment....

Some other stuff mentioned:
Balance still in the works, like the numerous time outs.
Online confirmed.
No arcade release planned at the moment due to a contract with Marvel or something, though if it gets popular, they can possibly work it out.
Niitsuma would like to work on TvC2, he hopes everyone will enjoy MvC3.
almost confirmed a character that hasn't been shown yet when I asked what is his favorite Level 3 super. He then caught himself before saying it, and said out of the current characters his favorite is Iron Man, then changed his mind quickly and said Deadpool's.

Xater

IntelliHeath said:
Really? really? Is it because of Thor the movie?

He was barely assist for MvC and He didn't even shown up for MvC2, hence I being doubtful with him being in mvc3 but I am glad that he is in. :D

Yes he was absolutely a given. The producer talked about how Marvel wanted to have specific characters in that represent the Marvel right now, so of course Thor has to be in. He is pretty important again in the comics and has a movie coming out. Not including him would have been stupid.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Xater said:
Yes he was absolutely a given. The producer talked about how Marvel wanted to have specific characters in that represent the Marvel right now, so of course Thor has to be in. He is pretty important again in the comics and has a movie coming out. Not including him would have been stupid.

I agreed and I'm very glad. Thor ftw.

G-Fex said:
I see this damn dog everywhere, couldn't we have the dude from God Hand? D:<

I'm just bitter. :lol
Nah, I think it's a normal reaction. Who's a better fit for a fighting game, Gene or some dog?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_dementia said:
You know what I mean. VJ is probably going to be in the game too, but no Gene makes me :(

Guess that means they dont have any future plans for Gene.

Dogs > Gene

Amaterasu is great news, but I'm not sure if I'll be buying if Phoenix Wright has been confirmed to not be present. He's the one character I've been pining for, and this news just pisses me off. It's bullshit; he certainly deserves it, and he came really close to getting into TvC, so he should have been one of the first in line for this.

People are saying there's hope for Edgeworth, but if Phoenix isn't in, I don't see why Edgeworth would be. It's not like he lends himself to a fighting game any more than Phoenix does, and although I would definitely prefer to see Edgeworth over Phoenix, I don't see why he'd make it in over the main character of the franchise.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
That dog/wolf looks pretty badass.

I should probably play that game one of these days.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ScrubJay said:
Amaterasu, awesome. Wonder if her poop attack will make it in as a special.

The Steel Samurai would be an awesome addition.

lol her taunt has to be her marking her territory

No_Style

_dementia said:
Nah, I think it's a normal reaction. Who's a better fit for a fighting game, Gene or some dog?

Depends. Which one has more fans? I don't think it's a matter of fit, but more of a matter of popularity in a VS game. Very pleased to see the diversity of franchises tho.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IntelliHeath said:
Dormammu as being playable character is questionable according to few posters because he may be boss only.

He looks people sized in the cinematic. Gonna be pissed if you cant play as him.

FSLink

Banned
Ben2749 said:
Aalthough I would definitely prefer to see Edgeworth over Phoenix, I don't see why he'd make it in over the main character of the franchise.
Edgeworth has the most recent entry, and is from a PW game that isn't a GBA port. (The other game that isn't a GBA port is Apollo Justice, but he's not as noteworthy to the franchise)
Plus he's popular as hell.

OMG Aero

Ever since 2D fighting games became big again I always wanted to find one to get into since I've never really played any of them. I've always been wary of them though, due to the fact that none of them seem to teach you how to play and that sometimes you need to buy an expensive joystick to even play them. I hope Marvel Vs Capcom is newbie friendly, because with Amaterasu in it, it seems like a pretty cool game and hopefully a good first fighting game.

And on the Gene topic, does Capcom actually own any rights to the characters from God Hand or do they all belong to Platinum games?

Sad_Panda

I don't get why people expected to see Phoenix Wright in MvsC3. Sure, he's popular, but he didn't make it in TatsuCap because they couldn't come up with a decent movelist for him. A PW stage ? Sure. But Phoenix as a fighter would be a pretty poor idea.

Top Bottom