• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Officially delayed - No new date, "aiming for Q1 2016"

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Inafune pissed away all of that (arguably undeserved) goodwill pretty quickly, huh?

And sorry, but this is one of the reasons why I'll never mess with Kickstarter. I don't care how many success stories have come out of it, there is just too much potential to get burned.

TheMink

I wasn't sure where else to ask, but I'm supposed to do the OT for Mighty no. 9 and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to. Is there someone who can?

Chariot

I don't get it, games are delayed all the time. Why is this such a bad deal?
Because they started a whole new project and hid the fact that it was delayed so close to release while promoting the new game. This is just shitty no matter how you look at it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Online features? Seriously? At this point releasing the base game and patching that in wouldn't seem like an unwise idea.

Probably because Red Ash just got announced and they aren't even done with the first project yet. It's not some big development company with teams on the sidelines waiting to get a piece of that pie and get to work. You effectively have to wait for someone else's meal to get finished before you can eat, even though you came in far earlier.

The whole time, the waiter knew this was going on, but hey fuck you these new guys are more important.

jackdoe

So are are they gonna spend four to six months only fixing bugs, or are they gonna add another layer of polish? Because it sounds like all they're doing is fixing bugs which would be overkill for a period that long.

Kiske

Can I get money back from Kickstarter at this point?

Quot+just+stop+what+you+re+doing+please+quot+_c2a063b9a00780b4d4a0d9d3ef8b1c73.gif

What a stupid idea to deny the delay last week when they knew they would have to announce it anyway. Now it just makes them look worse.
It makes them look fucking shady

"Nah Mighty no 9 isn't delayed, support our other kickstarter!"

Those publisher deals better work out because no one is ever crowdfunding a Comcept game again

Danji

This is the second delay this year and has effectively pushed it back a whole year and the game hasn't shown much improvement since the beta. They also pushed back this delay so they wouldn't have to announce it during or before the Red Ash kickstarter. On top of all of this is the fact that the game visually looks lackluster and is actually pretty bad gameplay-wise. It's currently fighting X6 and X7 for "Worst Megaman thing".

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
This is the second delay this year and has effectively pushed it back a whole year and the game hasn't shown much improvement since the beta. On top of all of this is the fact that the game visually looks lackluster and is actually pretty bad gameplay-wise. It's currently fighting X6 and X7 for "Worst Megaman thing by Inafune".

X6 and X7 weren't by Inafune. He moved on to Mega Man Zero after X5. Capcom had those games commissioned without him.

Windforce

Looks like an excuse to fix the actual game.

They could simply patch in the online at a later date, and give us the core game single player now in september.

Danji

X6 and X7 weren't by Inafune. He moved on to Mega Man Zero after X5. Capcom had those games commissioned without him.

Corrected for accuracy.

a true businessman would've released it anyway.

Unless it has something to do with the publishing deal, which some people are entertaining. I don't have any good counter-arguments because what they pulled with the Red Ash Kickstarter and Fuze Entertainment was also pretty shady.

MicH

I really regret backing this game. I'm not even remotely and interested in it anymore and it just looks incredibly bland. All the fuck ups along the way have only made me care less

nynt9

therideneverends.jpg

This makes the whole Inafune Kickstarter saga all the more embarrassing.

And the Kamiya tweet even more accurate.

I really regret backing this game. I'm not even remotely and interested in it anymore and it just looks incredibly bland. All the fuck ups along the way have only made me care less

100% this is how I feel as well.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Haaaaaa. Knowing all this was in the cards and then doing the Red Ash Kickstarter is probably the highest profile scummy move any big name has made with the service.

I wonder what a full on Inafune rage-out looks like, because don't tell me there haven't been several this year with his 'big new start' imploding all around him.

Chariot

I really don't understand why waiting for gamescom was necessary.

Just be open about why you need the delay and explain your stuff properly And you'll be freaking fine. BUt NO you didn't want to talk and the end result is that most of your backers don't trust you.

WELL PLAYED
Well, they already have ye money and didn't get any of the Red Ash anyways. They tried to cash-in double and failed. Would you believe the rage proplr wohldhave if Red Adh actually succeeded? "Thanks for the money. Btw. Might No.9 delayed hahahaha, suckers"

I especially love the fact that back in January, in a video it was announced that the game was pretty much done..... by none other than Keiji Inafune.

So much for pretty much done.

Its not that it was delayed, not once, not twice but 3 times now. On top of that, read what I said above. They also went ahead and started work on several other titles as well; ReCore and RedAsh, before even getting this out the door. That and the constant delay of not informing the backers of what's happening, you know the people that made Mighty No .9 possible.

Merc_

lol this thread is incredibly amusing when I think about the response to the PC version of Arkham Knight and AssCreed Unity.

Jarsonot

Someone already said it, but...

If it's the online that's the problem, why wouldn't they release it as is and patch the online in later?

i would presume that backers would prefer THAT announcement. Part of the game is delayed, but not the whole game.

In this age of patches, why in the world wouldn't they at least release the apparantly perfectly good single-player product?

Well, they already have ye money and didn't get any of the Red Ash anyways. They tried to cash-in double and failed. Would you believe the rage proplr wohldhave if Red Adh actually succeeded? "Thanks for the money. Btw. Might No.9 delayed hahahaha, suckers"

They could have double cash-in without any trouble if they talked instead of being secretive.

Their loss.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I know it's been said already, but denying that there was a delay pretty recently while another kickstarter was running is like...cackling villain status, how do you handle this so poorly? I'm really glad I didn't back this in retrospect.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just played it for a good 30 minutes. It's extremely good. Consider me surprised. The mechanics feel fantastic and the level design is quite solid. This is bad news but the game does appear to be coming along well. It looks a bit dated but it's not ugly.

Somnid

This is pretty typical in development so people shouldn't be overly harsh, it's just the reality. But for a Kickstarter we shouldn't be finding out later than the press, they need to be up front with the backers. Also, perhaps Inafune has learned some lessons about not abusing Kickstarter, and hopefully his public failures will serve as a lesson to others.

nynt9

This is pretty typical in development so people shouldn't be overly harsh, it's just the reality. But for a Kickstarter we shouldn't be finding out later than the press, they need to be up front with the backers. Also, perhaps Inafune has learned some lessons about not abusing Kickstarter, and hopefully his public failures will serve as a lesson to others.

It's not that this isn't typical in development, it's that it's in extremely poor taste if you consider the beginning and ending time of the Red Ash campaign, how it was run, and when the delay was announced (and the fact that it was clearly held back for those reasons)

Top Bottom