• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Blackage

According to the Rick/Morty reddit, The reason that S3 took SO LONG and went from 14 episodes to 10 was because Dan &a Justin tried to incorporate a Gravity Falls crossover but were unsuccessful.

According to the Rick/Morty reddit, The reason that S3 took SO LONG and went from 14 episodes to 10 was because Dan &a Justin tried to incorporate a Gravity Falls crossover but were unsuccessful.

why would they want to do that?

and didn't they discuss why it took so long at panels before this

Eblo

I watched the first ep of this and didn't really like it. came back to it and in the middle of watching the first season and man did my mind change

Same here, but for me it started with the episode that was a combination of Inception and dogs taking of the world. Felt like it had no direction. Some time later, I caught the episode with *snap* yes! Couldn't look away for a second. Been with the show ever since.

Bluth54

Honestly I find that very hard to believe, even though a lot of adults enjoy Gravity Falls it is a show primarily aimed at kids and Rick and Morty isn't a show for kids.

Rootbeer

Banned
giphy.gif

Ready.

Honestly I find that very hard to believe, even though a lot of adults enjoy Gravity Falls it is a show primarily aimed at kids and Rick and Morty isn't a show for kids.

I believe it. Rick & Morty and Gravity Falls have an actual connection that is canon in the shows, when Stan opens the portal in GF a bunch of Mystery Shack stuff gets pulled through and shit out of a portal Rick opens in a R&M episode. The keyword here is "unsuccessful" which was probably Disney going "You want to connect our PG-rated kids show to your R-rated adult show? You're fucking kidding right?"

There's also the Dipper and Mabel Morties in R&M too. Roiland and Hersch are friends this doesn't surprise me at all.

Well, it surprises me they actually thought Disney would go for it, I guess. It doesn't surprise me that they wanted to.

TripOpt55

So excited for this. One of the best comedies still going. And the Romancing the Stone reference for episode 2 has me extra excited!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Dan has just said straight up that it just took them longer to write the episodes because they felt a lot of pressure. They were over thinking a lot of scripts too much.

Less than two hours til Season 3!

I, for one, am glad I didn't watch the season 3 premier when it aired on Aprils Fools. (only really because I hadn't finished season 2 yet ;p)

Anyone else not see the episode that's airing tonight?

Although I did see the ending scene about the Mulan McNuggets sauce, I mean, that was impossible to avoid. ;p

Did any other episodes leak this year? Didn't like 3 or 4 get leaked last?

EYEL1NER

Cool deal, we didn't get a beginning credit sequence back on April Fool's Day. Nice to see a new one, now that the season is ready.

I want that McNugget sauce, Morty!

Holy shit, the new opening for the season has a Morty with a Master Sword next to him! haha.

TheCalGee

Damn, you're talented! Loved how those two were the only ones to work together.

Ohh shit. Didn't catch this.

You're really good.

Wow that looks legit!

THEY'RE CO-DEPENDANNNNNT

Nice. I love worm Jerry so much.

Pretty awesome dude, I love it.

Thanks everyone! Glad you all dig it. I'll have another one coming soon.

Everyone see the new behind the scenes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcoJ39s2X8

R&M is already full of cool monsters and stuff but I'm glad the character designers got to flex a bit in this Mad Max dimension.

Top Bottom