• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Yeah, just saw that. Among them is a 17€ War Machine pack, which sounds like dubious value considering you're supposed to get War Machine as a Plus exclusive?
All the packs appear as additional content for the X-Men pack, which is a bit weird.

PS4 beta packs are up in Europe.

To those that purchase a Founder's Pack, can you please check whether the content is locked to the PSN account used to make the purchase, i.e., Helldivers and Street Fighter V. If other PSN accounts can access the purchased content without purchasing it themselves, I'm going to buy a Founder's Pack from the U.S store, as the closed beta is unavailable in Australia.

For all of the improvements this looks to make over the PC version (UI, co-op, Items, etc...), the spending the full $200 for all of the Founders Packs here provides drastically less value than the $200 Ultimate Founders Pack did on PC (or the mega catch-up packs they did in subsequent years). That's kinda surprising.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but do we know if EU and US are on seperate servers? I know the PC version let everyone play together regardless of location, so I'd assume that's going to continue here.

To those that purchase a Founder's Pack, can you please check whether the content is locked to the PSN account used to make the purchase, i.e., Helldivers and Street Fighter V. If other PSN accounts can access the purchased content without purchasing it themselves, I'm going to buy a Founder's Pack from the U.S store, as the closed beta is unavailable in Australia.
These are definitely account tied entitlements. The only download you get is the game client.
I haven't downloaded the client yet, though. If these entitlements can't be shared between local accounts, that means either local coop will rely on temp accounts to share unlocks, or each player will have their own account-tied unlocks.

These are definitely account tied entitlements. The only download you get is the game client.
I haven't downloaded the client yet, though. If these entitlements can't be shared between local accounts, that means either local coop will rely on temp accounts to share unlocks, or each player will have their own account-tied unlocks.

So given you only download the game client and not the actual purchased content license/entitlement, it's safe to assume if I purchase a Founder's Pack on the US store, I won't be able to use it on my Aus PSN account?

They mentioned in the stream that local co-op requires both players to have a PSN account.

Man I wish the NA packs were up. :(
Has the client size been posted?
The EU client is 16.3GB.

So given you only download the game client and not the actual purchased content license/entitlement, it's safe to assume if I purchase a Founder's Pack on the US store, I won't be able to use it on my Aus PSN account?

They mentioned in the stream that local co-op requires both players to have a PSN account.
Chances look slim, but the best way to be sure is for someone to give it a try. It's still downloading here (and it's 1am) but if you don't get a confirmation by tomorrow night, I'll try playing it from my US account to see if it works (I bought the pack from my main EU account).

The EU client is 16.3GB.

Chances look slim, but the best way to be sure is for someone to give it a try. It's still downloading here (and it's 1am) but if you don't get a confirmation by tomorrow night, I'll try playing it from my US account to see if it works (I bought the pack from my main EU account).

Thanks man, that'd be amazing. The Australian release has been held up due to a difference in our rating/classification system. I'm worried, however, that if the problem takes too long to rectify, Gazillion might opt to just skip us over for the Closed Beta. Especially given it's likely to only run for a month. A UK/US Founder's Pack might be my only option.

How much is a character per G? Is it worth buying the cheapest founder's pack and then just purchasing additional G to get a character?

This is the only list I could find; it's fairly outdated, but I can't login at the moment to confirm the G prices.

Store prices as of 12/09/13

Characters

Black Panther: 900G
Black Widow: 450G*
Cable: 900G
Captain America: 900G
Colossus: 900G
Cyclops: 900G
Daredevil: 450G
Deadpool: 1450G
Emma Frost: 900G
Hawkeye: 450G
Hulk: 1100G
Human Torch: 900G
Iron Man: 1450G
Jean Grey: 1100G
Ms. Marvel: 900G
Punisher: 900G
Rocket Raccoon: 1100G
Scarlet Witch: 450G
Spider-man: 1450G
Storm: 450G
Thing: 450G
Thor: 1100G
Wolverine: 900G

It costs $4.99 for 500 Gs. The cheapest Founder's Pack comes with 500 Gs as well.

I do think it's worth buying either the Deadpool, Spider-Man or War Machine Founder's Packs and then an additional character, especially so you can jump straight into the open beta with your favourite. Though keep in mind you can also purchase additional characters with in game currency.

ta155

All the Founder's Packs are up on the UK PS Store.

X-Men and Avengers are £49.99 a piece, Guardians is £29.99, Deadpool and Spider-Man are £14.99, and War Machine is a Plus exclusive at £13.99.

Deliberating between the three cheaper options. Any pointers from people experienced with the PC version?

As for every F2P I ever played, I plan on buying absolutely nothing with real money. No closed beta for me ^^

I went into the original Marvel Heroes closed beta, with the same attitude; Founder's Pack purchase aside. I loved the game so much though that I ended up spending a lot more money. I felt like the developer had earned it, unlike most other F2P games where there's no sense of progress or achievement without having to fork over continuous money from the beginning.

It's a complaint.

I'm not sure it's a legitimate one.

People spent money to buy characters and costumes in order to use them in a game on the PC. I'm assuming they were able to use them on the PC. I'm not aware of any promises to the player base that said, "Hey if we ever start the game on another platform, all of the things you bought is transferrable."

They might have...I don't follow it that closely aside from playing the game on my PC.

As much as it is possible they are not transferring the account data across to consoles out of greed, it's altogether possible that it is due to another reason or a number of reasons that would make it not worth the time needed to figure it out.

I honestly don't know but I suspect the game wasn't made for consoles so as to transfer a number of players from PC to console.

The game was developed to bring in more players. The ones that do not or cannot play the game on PC.

Gazillion doesn't owe you anything other than what you paid for on the platform it was intended to be played on.

Is there a group of Destiny players that are angry over not being able to transfer their emotes and ornaments they bought on their Xbox Ones over to their accounts that are on the PS4?

I really...really don't understand what people are upset about.

New game.
New platform.

New accounts.

Your comparison would make sense if they stopped supporting the PS4 version to put all their focus on the XBO version and as a result only the XBO version got meaningful updates while PS4 version just existed as it was. But seeing as they both receive updates at the same time to all aspects of the game, your comparison is trash.

But carry on.

All the Founder's Packs are up on the UK PS Store.

X-Men and Avengers are £49.99 a piece, Guardians is £29.99, Deadpool and Spider-Man are £14.99, and War Machine is a Plus exclusive at £13.99.

Deliberating between the three cheaper options. Any pointers from people experienced with the PC version?

You can't go wrong with Deadpool or Spider-Man to be honest. Both are just fun characters overall and great for first timers. Deadpool has fantastic animations and dialogue though, that keep him interesting even after hundreds of hours of gameplay. Both characters have a huge library of costumes to choose from on the PC version, that is bound to come to the console version over time, if that interests you as well.

Who do you get in the X-Men and Avengers packs?

Here you go!

Avenger's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Captain America, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's
X-Men's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Psylocke.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

So in typical fashion they've walked back the free War Machine for ps+ users.

Instead ps+ users get the special privilege of buying his $17 pack.

ta155

You can't go wrong with Deadpool or Spider-Man to be honest. Both are just fun characters overall and great for first timers. Deadpool has fantastic animations and dialogue though, that keep him interesting even after hundreds of hours of gameplay. Both characters have a huge library of costumes to choose from on the PC version, that is bound to come to the console version overtime if that interests you as well.

Thanks!

Toki767

So for people who aren't paying for characters but want to just play this for free, how does that work?

Do you start off with one particular hero? Or is buying a character required to actually play outside of the beta?

This is the only list I could find; it's fairly outdated, but I can't login at the moment to confirm the G prices.

It costs $4.99 for 500 Gs. The cheapest Founder's Pack comes with 500 Gs as well.

I do think it's worth buying either the Deadpool, Spider-Man or War Machine Founder's Packs and then an additional character, especially so you can jump straight into the open beta with your favourite. Though keep in mind you can also purchase additional characters with in game currency.

Thanks.
Kinda want Jean only with some costumes. Not sure. Maybe Storm as well eventually.

So for people who aren't paying for characters but want to just play this for free, how does that work?

Do you start off with one particular hero? Or is buying a character required to actually play outside of the beta?

Assuming it's like PC, you can level any hero to 10 for free. You're given enough of the in-game currency (400) after finishing the prologue to get one of the other heroes (outside of a few who are priced at 600.) So you more or less start with that character.

Then 7 days of logging in later you're given a bonus of 400 to get another character. I don't know yet if consoles will have the same log-in bonuses, or even bonuses at all.

The currency also drops from enemies, about 1 every eight minutes or so.

MH initially offered a choice of a range of characters, but I believe that has changed. I believe you are now given enough in-game currency, after the tutorial, to purchase a random character. If you choose not to purchase a character using the in-game currency, your progress is limited to a level cap of 10 (every character can be used up to this level, regardless of ownership).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Booooo! No Taskmaster right off the bat? :( Hopefully Moon Knight will have his Mr. Knight costume, at least.

I like the way you think.

(Though personally I'm more hoping for his Marvel Now costume.)

And yes, Moon Knight is literally the only reason I care about this game. I mean I'll definitely play some of my other favorites like Blade and Ghost Rider, but if Moon Knight weren't in I probably wouldn't bother with it.

On pc, she doesn't have her own powers, except for a few punches and flying, basically. She steals powers from other heroes and villains; you have to do this in-game and put the stolen powers into power slots.

I just imagine it would be a massive pain to design that for a controller. Although I guess they must have figured it out on pc? I never used the controller option.

I like the way you think.

(Though personally I'm more hoping for his Marvel Now costume.)

And yes, Moon Knight is literally the only reason I care about this game. I mean I'll definitely play some of my other favorites like Blade and Ghost Rider, but if Moon Knight weren't in I probably wouldn't bother with it.

They should both be in (they're two of his three alts in the PC version).

So has it been confirmed that PC purchases don't transfer over? Kind of hurts my chances of buying in here. Seems like a dumb move.

It has been confirmed there are no options for account transfers.

I was initially frustrated with not being able to have access to the heroes and team-ups I'd purchased on the PC version, but I've come around to the console version now. I just won't be spending money to rebuy content I already have.

Zurick

Banned
Hey guys. EU has went live earlier than expected, and some other regions will be coming up within the next 24 hours.

I'm excited to see you guys stoked to play the game and this has been an awesome journey for me personally.

Hope you guys enjoy the game on PS4 (and PC!)

Top Bottom